- Text Size +
A/N- Okay here's the deal. This is my newest story. It's a drama and supernatural type story and I hope you like it. It's one of my first drama type fics so I thought I would post it. The way it'll go at first is one or two people per chapter, kay? Anyways, please read and review! Later!


"Lost Souls"


~**Chapter 1: Ray Anne and Brian, Orphaned souls.


Ray Anne Littrell stood in front of her full-length mirror anxiously. She finished braiding her shoulder length flaxen curls into two braids hastily. She critiqued herself, pulling down on her sky blue baby tee, and brushing off her black flares. She began to grab her bags, when her brother rushed in.


"Aren't you ready? You're lucky I'm nice, or I might've left you by now."


"Shut up Rok, I'm ready. Anyways, it's my car too. We BOTH paid for it remember?"


"But since I'm older, I'm in charge." He replied, his crystal blue eyes twinkling mischievously.


"Ooooh, by one year! Oh no! I'm sooo scared of the big bad seventeen year old! Somebody save me!" She retorted, rolling her eyes.


Brian ran his hands through his reddish blonde locks tiredly. He put his arm around his sister lovingly, laughing as they both walked out to their yellow VW Beetle. Ray Anne sat in the drivers seat, her sapphire orbs swirling with worries as she put the key into the ignition, but not starting up the car.


"Hey you okay?" her brother asked, his voice filled with concern.


"Yeah, I'm cool."


He stared at his sister intensely, not believing her. Ever since their parents had been in a plane crash three years ago, she had made a habit of shutting off her emotions. She isolated herself away from people, never putting her trust in people. Brian was the only one she did trust and the only one who could crack her thick shell that was built around her protectively. Both siblings began to fiddle with their necklaces distractedly. They had been the last gift their parents gave them. They were told never to lose them, for they were a family heirloom of some kind. Both were a long silver chain with a silver charm hanging from it. Ray Anne's was a rose in full bloom with a dark sapphire gem in the center. Brian's was a sun in all it's glory with a deep red ruby in the center. They sat in the car silently, parked in front of their uncle's apartment. They lived with him now, a drug addict who could care less about them. He was sending them to a private school called "Bright Sky School Of The Arts". It wasn't because he cared, but cause he wanted to get rid of them and they both earned scholarship in a contest they had won a year before so it was free. Brian and Ray Anne were very talented. Brian had an amazing voice, while Ray Anne was an incredible pianist and actress. Neither wanted to go there, but since it was between there and staying with their uncle, they agreed to go. The two of them had known it would be filled with rich snobs, and didn't want to be stuck sharing a room with them. Unfortunately, it was the lesser of the two evils and there was no other way out for them. Brian thought of their parents, everything had been so simple then. They had been happy. Loving parents, average life, hopeful dreams, all of it gone in a split second. They missed them so much it hurt. Brian sighed, feeling as troubled as her, but pushed the feeling away, knowing he had to be the strong one. He decided now was a bad time to pursue the reason for her unhappiness. He made a mental note to mention it later.


"We'll be fine Annie." He told her, using his nickname for her to soothe her.


She smirked bitterly, "Of course we will. Aren't we always? Doesn't everything turn out all perfect and happy in the end?" she snapped, her voice dripping with sarcasm.


Brian shook his head sadly. 'What is the point anymore?' he asked himself. He glanced at his sister, reminding himself why he kept on going. Without him, she'd self-destruct. He ran his had across his forest green long sleeved shirt and navy baggy pants. Somehow, he knew it was going to be a long day for them both.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Ray Anne dragged her three suitcases down to her dorm room, grunting angrily.


'This better be the right damn room this time.' She thought sourly. She gazed at the slip of paper in her hand once again: 5b.


"Okay…" she mumbled, "4a, 2c, 3b, Ah! Finally, 5b."



"She walked up, grabbing her key and unlocking her door. She entered the room slowly. The room was sweet. There was a soft, plush navy blue carpet. Two single beds were across from the door against the wall, with a large bay window and window seat between them. Each bed had a plaid pale yellow and navy blue bedspread on them. The walls were a pale yellow with two dressers on each sidewall, and a walk in closet on each side as well as two windows. On one of the beds was a young girl who looked about eighteen. Her peach skin glittered in the sunlight coming from the windows. Her deep chocolate eyes staring at Ray Anne intently, her brown tresses toppling down her back. Ray dropped her stuff by her bed, going over to the girl.


"Hi, I'm Ray. I guess we're roomies. You must be Jamelet."


"I must be huh?"


"Well, I thought maybe we can-"


"Listen, I'm not your friend, just someone forced to stay with you. you got that? Any one calls, I went out to meet some one." She told her. She brushed by Ray Anne, who watched her grab her purse and leave, slamming the door. Tears stung her eyes fiercely, she was rejected. Again. All she wanted was to feel loved again. To feel wanted and needed. Was that too much to ask for? She pulled out a bottle of Vodka, one of the bottles of alcohol she managed to sneak in and began to gulp it down despondently.


"Why can't I ever be happy? Why did you have to take everything I had away from me God? Why do I feel so alone? Do you even care God? Do you??" she called out miserably. With that, she flopped on her bed beginning to shed her endless tears.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Brian tossed his bags onto the bed roughly. He prayed that Ray Anne wasn't having a hard time adjusting; she never took rejection from her peers well. He pulled up his sleeves, staring at the fading scars he had upon his wrist. He thought of the overwhelming rush he had gotten from it and was tempted to pull out his pocket knife and do it again. He wanted to feel. To be able to feel human again. Escape. He shook his head. Ray Anne needed him; he was all she had left. He groaned, wondering just how he was going to make it through a new school year, when the guy he figured to be his roommate strolled in. He was about six feet tall, his blonde spiked hair as golden as the sun, and his deep ocean eyes distant and thoughtful as he came in. he wore a red wife-beater and baggy black shorts, showing off his nice frame. Brian pulled his sleeves down quickly, for not even Ray Anne knew about that.


"Hey, I'm Brian. Nick, right?"


"Yeah." Nick looked away shyly shuffling his feet.


"What grade you in?"


"Um, eleventh"


"Cool, I'm a senior, but my sister's a junior like you. You'd like her."


Nick perked up, "You have a sister?"


Brian smiled, trying to make the poor boy feel comfortable. It was as if Nick was ashamed to be himself. He nodded.


"Sweet. It's about time some new girls arrived here. I've been here two years and all the girls are stuck up as hell."


Brian laughed, "It's a private school, what do you expect?"


"Yeah. Hey, this place is boring; you wanna go see that new Steven King movie? I heard it was good."


"Sure," he answered, seeing the pleading look on Nick's face. Brian realized he needed something to focus on other than the harsh reality that was his life.


They grabbed their wallets and headed out. Brian looked at the silver necklace he wore unhappily, the red ruby glimmering in the light.


'Why can't I ever just escape and be happy? Why did my life as well as Ray's have to be destroyed so viciously?' he thought dejectedly as he followed Nick out of the quiet dorms.