- Text Size +
A/N- Okay from this chapter on, this fic will have slight cursing in it. I’m sorry if you don’t like it, but I feel that since teens do talk like this, it does make the story more realistic. Also, there will be other celebs in this fic but only as minor characters; it just made my life easier to do that. Oh, and the group “September Star” is a real group and they’re a local band here in Vegas, so please don’t try to steal that.This chapter will also be split into three parts because I need to show everone meeting on the 1st day, but it would be WAY too long to post it as one. As for what’s going on I don’t support the war, but I do support our troops and their bravery. I pray each day that they do come home safe. I hope you all are safe, and if you have family out there, I hope they come home to you soon. God Bless.

“Lost Souls”

~**Chapter Four: And So It Begins…

Jamelet yawned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up in her bed. She groaned loudly when she realized what day it was. Once again it was time to start yet another school year. Thankfully her last. To Jamelet the first day was always a pain to deal with. She saw it as another opportunity for all the stupid snobs of the school to show off.

‘Speaking of spoiled snobs,’ she mused, her coffee eyes catching sight of Ray Anne.

Ray Anne was out of bed already, curling the last of her sun colored tresses in front of the mirror. She pinned some back contentedly, the spiral curls jumping about her face impishly, and her sapphire orbs shimmering with light. The teen was wearing a light green tank top that said “Angel” on it in a pale yellow, light green shorts and white tennis shoes. The only jewelry being a silver necklace that Jamelet didn’t get a good look of. Ray Anne looked younger, thirteen, instead of sixteen. She appeared happy, and cute, maybe even perky. All this did however was make Jamelet hate her even more. The girl seemed to have everything: looks, talents, money, and a worry-free and cheerful life. What did she get to deserve this? Why did some people get all the breaks?

‘Look at her. Idiotic spoiled rich twit.’ She thought, ‘Never had any REAL problems in her life.’ She grabbed a brush from her dresser and began running it through her messy brunette locks.

“Good morning Jamelet, I know you might have some issues with me, but I thought that maybe we can start over. You know, try to get along. It’ll be making our lives easier for the both of us since we’ll be rooming here together for the entire school year.”

“Oh my God, could you be anymore annoying? Damn take a hint! No matter what you do, we’ll never get along. I don’t like you! Get over it!” she growled.

Ray froze, and then began to turn towards Jamelet. She placed her belongings down on her freshly made bed.

“What is your freaking problem! I’m just trying to be nice! What the hell is up YOUR ass!”

“You.”

“What do you mean me? I’ve been kind from day one!”

“Of Course. You’re so damn perfect! I bet nothing has ever been hard for you in your entire life! You biggest problem being you ran out of make up.”

Ray glared at her, her eyes blazing.

“Listen, you don’t know shit about me. First of all, I don’t wear make up. Second, everybody has their own personal crap to deal with, not just you. Third, get a damn clue. Why don’t you find out something about me before you’re stupid enough to open that big ass mouth of yours. I’m outta here.”

She grabbed her stuff from off of her bed. Ray Anne rushed out, slamming the door behind her. Jamelet watched her go in amusement. A small grin began forming upon her attractive face.

“Mission accomplished.” She stated. She left her bed and started to get ready for school.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nick gazed at his class program merrily; pleased that he had classes that would help him get better at doing the things he loved. He threw on his bright blue sleeveless shirt and his blue jean shorts hurriedly. This way he and Brian might have enough time to grab a bite to eat before class starts. He glanced over at the older teen who had just put on a long sleeved khaki shirt and blue jean shorts. Nick smiled, satisfied that he finally found a roommate that he might be able to become friends with.

Brian loved the artwork he had done, and were hanging about the room. He kept telling him that he needed to start making them public. In fact it was an argument the two of them kept having. Nick knew that it wasn’t true, but the praise was always pleasant to hear. Suddenly, a dark green pillow goes flying through the air and smacks Nick upside the head, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“What was that for?” he asked laughing, his ocean eyes gleaming with happiness.

Brian grinned, his azure eyes sparkling mischievously.

“You’re slow, I thought I’d try to hurry ya up.”

Nick smirked, spiking his golden strands in front of the mirror.

“Shaddup!”

Brian rolled his eyes at him playfully.

“Make me tough guy. Did you get your schedule?”

“Of course.”

“Well what are you doing? Lets see if we have any classes together Blondie.”

“You’re Blonde too!”

“Yeah, but I’m not slow.” He teased, tousling Nick’s spiky hair.

“Hey!” he fixed his hair again and grabbed his schedule card as Brian did the same. They examined the cards closely together for a moment. Both boys were a tad disappointed to see they only had one class together.

“Damn Nick, you sing and act too?”

He looked at his feet, his eyes downcast. “Well…um…yeah.”

“Sheez you’re talented.”

“Maybe, but you sing too!” he pointed out.

“But that’s it! Anyways, I’ll be happy to hear you in choir. Ray will have to tell me how good of an actor you are until I can go see you two in a show.” He praised, trying to give Nick the confidence he obviously needed.

Before Nick could reply, Ray Anne burst into the dorm room. Nick beamed. She leaped onto Brian’s bed, sitting next to her brother and dropping her possessions on his dresser. Brian glanced at her, staring into her clear blue eyes and saw the fury swirling against the irises. He immediately saw right through what he called her “happy-go-lucky” façade.

“Annie, you alright?”

She flipped her hair back distractedly, the curls bouncing about her face.

“Yeah, just pissed about my bitchy roommate B-Rok.”

‘She called me B-Rok, that’s a good sign. I’ll let it go then.’ He mused.

“God then…” he looked over at Nick and nodded. The teen boys pounced upon Ray Anne, tickling her endlessly.

“No fair!” she screamed.

“Muhahahahaha!!!” Nick bellowed.

“Guys…quit!” she tried to say between giggles.

“NEVER!” They declared humorously.

“Say Brian and Nick are your masters! That I am the ultimate Littrell!!”

“No!”

The boys continued to tickle her mercilessly, never giving her a break.

“Fine! Frick n’ Frack are my masters! Brian is-”

“Frick n’ Frack?” Nick and Brian asked simultaneously as the stopped tickling Ray Anne and let her sit up and compose herself.

“A comedy team in Europe I saw on TV once, I think. I don’t know, the names just fit you guys. Anywho-”

“FRACK!!” Brian interrupted, pointing at Nick.

“FRICK!!” Nick cried, pointing back at Brian.

Ray Anne whined as they started to repeatedly call each other “Frick” and “Frack”.

“I just had to call them that! What did I just start??” she complained.

“You know you love us Annie.” Brian told her jokingly, putting his arm around his sibling’s shoulders.

She sighed, and rolled her eyes at him. “I still don’t understand why though.”

“Must be one of the great mysteries of life then. Let’s just go and get something to eat. I’m starving. C’mon Frack.”

“Okay Frick.” Nick replied, walking to the other side of Ray and putting his arm around her shoulders as well. The blonde headed trio walked out into the hall, all in high spirits for the moment.

‘They’re probably only being nice and inviting me out of pity,’ he mused gloomily, ‘but I guess I have to start off somewhere.’

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Howie Dorough entered the quaint coffee shop tiredly. He was drained. Howie got very little sleep for last night for he had been tossing and turning all night long. He had been worrying about his stepsister Jamelet. This was their third year at this school and she still wanted to run away. It didn’t matter to her how much her dancing talents are being improved here, she figured she could do the same somewhere else. Howie was scared she might just do something drastic. Also, he liked it here. He had a passion and talent for singing and knew this was the best place to get advice on how to become a professional and get better at it each day. He may hate the people here as a whole, but that he could deal with.

‘I guess, this will do for today,’ he contemplated, looking down at himself in his red silk t-shirt and black jeans as he ran his hands through his dark curly locks sleepily.

His stepsister, Jamelet Ramos then walked into the coffee shop. Her russet strands tied in a low ponytail, her slim petite body was in a knee length flowing black dancer’s skirt with a white frilly blouse. Her black books clicked softly as she walked up to him. She took a seat across from Howie at the table, taking a sip of the cappuccino he had ordered for her as he then drank his coffee.

“Jam, you okay? You look pissed.”

“Yeah, but this carefree, preppy little monster I have to room with is a pain in my ass.”

Howie sneered at her bitterly, “Well, I haven’t met her yet, but try rooming with Justin Timberlake. He’s gotta be worse, and you know I hate the guy.”

“Then lets leave this stupid school!”

“And where would we go J? Home? No freaking way.”

“Hell no! Just away!!!!”

“NO! This is your last year here and I only have one more after that. Then we’ll be gone for good and control out our own lives for once.”

“D! I don’t think-”

Howie sighed, even though he was the younger of the two by one year, at seventeen, it usually felt if it was the other way around.

“NO. Come on, or we’ll end up in Dean La Bonbons cause we were late for first period.” He told her. The dean’s name was really Dean La Bond, but she was so mean and so overweight everyone called her Dean La Bonbons behind her back. The stepsiblings walked out into the parking lot, Howie to his purple corvette and Jamelet to her black Mercedes. They agreed to talk during their Home Ec class third hour, waved, and drove off to get back to Bright Sky.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kevin grins as he and Alex walk into their first class. Journalism II, otherwise know as Bright Sky’s newspaper, “The Investigator” staff. As much as Kevin loves music, he loves being a reporter as well. He could’ve been Editor n’ Chief by now if he wanted, but chooses not to, he’s happy where he is. AJ is their photographer. The boy took amazing pictures.

He catches sight of a newbie walking in the room uncertainly. He was 5’7” with reddish blonde hair and cobalt blue eyes. He sat off away from everyone, gazing about wordlessly.

‘Ah, so that’s the new reporter.’ He thought. The school was small enough that whenever someone new came, everyone knew about it. He strolled over to him and sat down.

“Hey, I’m Kevin, you’re the new reporter right?”

“Yep, I’m Brian. Brian Littrell.”

“I was surprised when I heard about you, very few people actually take this class.”

“I know, my sister is an amazing photographer, our mom taught her cause she was one for a living. I tried to convince her to take this class, and show some of it off, but she wouldn’t hear of it.” He felt guilty, knowing that wasn’t the entire story. After the accident Ray swore she would never take picture professionally again. Cause then she used to submit them to contests and even had a part time photo job at their old neighborhood’s local newspaper. He smiled at Kevin, happy that someone in this school knew the meaning of the word “friendly”, cause people had been snubbing him all morning.

AJ walked over to the two guys. Kevin noticed the awkward silence between the three of them and spoke up. “Oh, Brian this is my younger brother AJ. AJ this Brian.”

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nick sat beside Ray quietly as the bell for first period, which was U.S. History, rang. Their teacher, Ms. Jensoni was now beginning to talk of course expectations and what they would need for class. Out of the corner of her eye, Ray Anne noticed Nick staring at her. Ray grinned, excited at the possibility that Nick might like her. Last night she had asked around about Nick and AJ and discovered that they were the most sought after boys in the junior class. What really surprised her was the fact that Nick Carter hasn’t dated ANYONE in the school yet. She was glad she has done the research, for she now knew she was going to be the one that has to make the first move.

“So…” She whispered to him, “ What-”

“MS. RAY ANNE LITTRELL!!!”

She looked up to see her teacher glaring down at her angrily by her desk. Ray’s curls begin to bounce about as she looked up, and brushed them out of the way, annoyed.

“Um, yes?”

“I’m SO sorry to interrupt, but I am trying to instruct the class. I do not want any more distractions. May I continue now?”

Ray smirked naughtily, “Oh by all means, go ahead. It’s such thrilling info.”

The class laughed softly as Ms. Jensoni walked back up to the front of the class and continued to lecture. She listened for five minutes, ten tops, before she was bored again. She pulled out a notebook and began to write furiously. (a/n excuse all the abbreviations, and the spelling and grammar errors from here on to where the notes stop. It’s because they’re notes, and I’ve never seen a note that has been correct in those ways.)

‘oh Nicky boy,

this class stinks!! i am so bored. anywho, keep me entertained. tell me about yourself! i know ur an actor & an artist, but there’s gotta be more to ya than that! fave movie? fave music? c'mon, i'm nosy! hehe.

Ray Anne Littrell.’

She folded the note up and handed it to Nick quickly. A few moments later she got one back from him.

‘Ray of sunshine,

just so you know, i sing 2. i luv rock music, but my fave group’s from the 80’s and its called “journey”. fave movies are the “aliens” series & “the goonies”. what bout u?

Nicky boy’

Ray blushed at “Ray of sunshine” beaming widely as she wrote a reply and gave it to him.

‘Nicky boy,

i luv pop, rock, & when they’re mixed together. fave movies are “friday the 13th”, “interview w/ a vampire” & “cruel intentions”. my fave group’s “september star”. want my fave color & food 2? colors: BLUE & purple, food: anything italian, especially pizza. Hey, lightbulb! We should go do something later.

Ray of sunshine’

‘Ray of sunshine,

color-green, food-pizza. You’re right we should do something. but like what?

Nicky boy’

‘Nicky boy,

how bout a movie? party? club? arcades? ice skating? somethin' like that i guess.

Ray o’ sunshine’

‘Sunny,

that’s ur new nickname cuz Ray of sunshine is 2 long for ya. I think u have a good idea. U, me, brian, aj, and his brother Kevin, (u haven’t met him yet) can all go 2 da “Enforcer”. I know some1 who can get us in.

Nicky boy’

Ray groaned mentally after she read what Nick had written. A group thing wasn’t exactly what she had in mind. But it wasn’t like she could tell Nick that. Besides, the group and Nick was better than no Nick at all, she figured. The bell rang to signal the end of class. As she stood up, Nick gazed at her earnestly for her answer.

“So Sunny that cool?”

She nodded, not wanting to say something embarrassing that she’d regret. The two teenagers walked through the hallways to their lockers together.

“So what class do you have next?” Nick asked her shyly.

She glanced at her class program card, “um…well…” she stuttered.

‘Come on,’ she demanded herself noiselessly, ‘TALK!!’

“Oh! Concert Piano.”

Nick’s face fell a little. “Oh, I have Geometry. I guess I’ll see by Drama class then?”

Ray slammed her locker door shut, knowing she wouldn’t need anything until third period.

“I guess…”

“Bye Sunny!”

“Later Nicky boy”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brian goes down the halls of Bright Sky joyfully. Journalism II or J2 as it was called was a blast. This was going to be nearly as bad as he believed it would be. He catches sight of Ray Anne and was about to head over to her, but he then noticed Nick with her at their lockers and smiled. She needed this, someone who could help her in the ways Brian couldn’t. Nick liked her, that much was evident. His problem was that he was to shy to act on it. That was where Ray would come in. She will be too stubborn to give up, and will get what she wants soon enough. Brian went down to his second class, Anatomy. He sat down next to a brunette whose hair was tied in a low ponytail, and had deep brown eyes. She looked familiar, but he couldn’t put his finger on it.

“Hi.”

She gazed at him strangely and said nothing.

“Look, I know I look crazy, but I am completely harmless, I promise.”

She laughed gently.

“I’m Brian.”

“Jamelet.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alex goes into his history class, annoyed and bored after the first fifteen minutes of class. He was sitting in the very back corner of the classroom. He looked over at the guy next to him, red silk shirt, black jeans, and strong Spanish features. He knew the guys from somewhere but didn’t know where. He grinned evilly, it was about time he entertained himself and had some fun around here. He pulled a brush out of his bright yellow backpack along with a small video camera Kevin had given him last Christmas. He holds the brush in his right hand as if it was a microphone. AJ turns the camera on, holds it in his left hand and points it at himself.

“Hello.” He says in a false British accent, “Welcome to another episode of ‘Lifestyles Of the Rich and Snobby’. Today we are in AJ McLean’s U.S. History class. It’s very dull, so enough about that.” he points the camera at the guy next to him and holds the brush towards him. “Here we have…”

“Howie Dorough, future Latin singing heartthrob” he joked in a false accent, smirking.

“Oh yes, the infamous ‘Sweet D’ otherwise known as dancing sensation Jamelet Ramos’ little brother.”

He see the teacher heading towards him and whispers “We’ll be right back after this dumb lecture.” and stuffs the camera into his bag quickly along with the brush.

“Mr. Alex McLean?”

“Yes?” he asks, still using the British accent. Ms. Jensoni looks at him strangely and shakes her head.

“PAY ATTENTION!”

“Of course miss, wouldn’t miss it for the world my lady.” The class laughs and she heads back to the front of the class to continue lecturing. He pulls out the camera again.

“Okay gents and ladies, that about wraps it up for today, stay tuned for next time in ‘Lifestyles Of The Rich And Snobby!” he turns off the camera.

Howie looks at him in disbelief. “Dude, I can’t believe you just got away with that.”

AJ nods, “What can I say? I’m just good.”

“So you’re the infamous AJ McLean?”

“One and only.” He says. He liked Howie, he needed people that weren’t prissy in this school. So he wanted to get to know the guy better.

Howie laughs, “Well, I know one thing, it’s gonna be an interesting year with you in this class.”

AJ grins at him crazily, “Dude, would you really want it any other way?”