- Text Size +
Author's Note: Camp Wise is a real camp that I went to. Characters you may not be familiar with would be my family, my friends, and myself. However, none of the events are true on my part, but go along with what has happened with the backstreet boys. Like some of their girlfriends, their tours, that type of stuff. The main reason why I started to think of these plots was because at the time I wanted to be someone else and somewhere else. And I know that "Here's to the Night" wasn't released until after 1991, but this is my favorite camp song :). The only people I DON'T own are Brian, Howie, AJ, Nick, Kevin, any of their family members(except for Felicia), and their management. As for body gaurds, I own the names, not the fact that they have them lol. For songs, i will mention at the begging of each chapter if Felicia wrote a song and who it belongs to in real life.

Prologue

~July 1991~

Eve 6’s “Here’s To The Night” rang through the mess hall. It was CW Night, the last night of camp where everyone stayed up late, just to have ice cream right before they went to bed. After all the ice cream was eaten or melted, everyone went to bed. Except for one girl. Felicia Levine, a 10-year old from Solon, OH was too excited to sleep. For her, like most other campers, it was a bittersweet moment. Sure, she had missed her family, but she didn’t want to leave her friends. She went into her sleeping bag with a flashlight and brought her letters from home and her diary with her. She read the letter from her parents that confirmed tomorrow.

“We miss you so much, and so does Erica. She wants her big sister back. We will be there, probably a half hour early so we can be close enough to the buses to find you. We will go over to your grandparents after that to eat diner. We love you.

Love, Mommy, Daddy, and Erica”

Felicia smiled and put it in the front of the diary. She started a new diary entry.

“Dear Diary,

Well, it’s my last night of camp. It went by so fast this year. Let me update you on what happened this week. The musical went very well. We did Peter Pan, and I rocked the part of Tinkerbelle! I know in my heart though that if I were older, I could of gotten Wendy or Peter. Oh! And my team won Macabea! We were Cotton Candy Tie Die, and we ruled! I’m really gonna miss my friends this year. Except for Tali, because she lives in Solon too. Well, I should be going to bed before my counselor realizes I am awake. More tomorrow!”

Felicia put her stuff in her empty cubby and went to bed.

~*~*~

The next day, Felicia said her goodbyes to her friends and boarded her bus. Most of her cabin mates were being picked up at Camp Wise or they were going to other cities. To occupy her time, she started writing poems. It seemed like only minutes passed, and they were already at the Mayfield JCC. She got off the bus, but her family wasn’t there yet. Maybe they are just stuck in traffic…. they should of left earlier. She sighed and went over to the extra luggage and sat on her suitcase.

~*~*~

An hour had passed and they haven’t arrived yet. Felicia was starting to worry, and then it started to rain. Her village supervisor came out to help her move her things inside. Two police officers came inside and talked to the camp director, John.

“Felicia? Can you come over here?” he asked, his voice starting to shake.

“Sure….” Felicia said, starting to get a bad feeling in her stomach.

“This is Officer Iwan and Officer Nunney, they need to tell you something.” Officer Nunney bent down to Felicia’s level. “I’m so sorry, but you parents and sister were in a car crash…they didn’t make it.”

Felicia didn’t comprehend what he was saying. “No…they are just stuck in traffic. They will be here anytime now….”. A tear ran down her cheek.

John sighed. “Its true Felicia…” Officer Iwan pulled out her sister’s teddy bear; the one Felicia picked out for her when she was born.

“No….” Felicia cried. John tried to sooth her as best he could.