- Text Size +
Chapter 18

It was Christmas Eve day. The McLean house was full of decorations. That night, all of the boys would be coming over, along with their families. Even Brian and Kevin’s families were coming down from Kentucky. The boys had a mall performance in the morning, but after that, they were done until after New Years. The performance had been over for a couple of hours, and now AJ was ‘helping’ Felicia string popcorn.

“Alex, I don’t think you’re supposed to eat the popcorn,” Felicia giggled.

“Think of it this way, the more I eat, the less you need to string,” AJ grinned.

Felicia rolled her eyes. “There. I’m done,” she said, holding up part of her string.

“Wow, you got a lot done,” AJ said. The string went all the way to the tree, which wasn’t exactly close.

Felicia laughed. “Just think, it would have been longer if you didn’t eat all of that popcorn.” She stuck out her tongue.

“Sure, sure, blame it on my stomach,” AJ laughed as he took the string from Felicia. “I’ll hang this up for you.”

“Thanks,” Felicia said, and the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.”

Felicia ran to the door and saw Nick and his family was there. “Hi Nick. Hi Mr. and Mrs. Carter.”

“Hello Felicia. Where’s your mom?” Mrs. Carter asked, holding a plate of cookies.

“In the kitchen,” Felicia said, and looked down and saw Aaron. “Hey Aaron.”

“Hi pretty lady.” Aaron said.

Everyone laughed. “Is that my name now?” Felicia asked.

Aaron nodded. “Uh huh.”

“Well, come on in,” Felicia said, moving out of the way. The Carter family, minus Nick, made their way into the kitchen.

“Sorry about Aaron. He’s just having trouble pronouncing your name,” Nick said as they made their way back to AJ, who was having some technical difficulties with the tree.

“Hey Nick,” AJ said, almost falling off the stepladder. “I think that’s my cue to get off this thing.”

Felicia laughed. “Yeah, mom might not be too happy if you hurt yourself.”

“So, I take it we are the first one’s here?” Nick asked, looking around.

“Yup. The others should be here soon though,” AJ asked as they sat down on the couch. On cue the doorbell rang.

“Your turn Popcorn boy,” Felicia smirked.

“That’s me!” AJ grinned before getting up to get the door.

Nick had a confused look on his face. “Popcorn boy?”

~*~*~

Dinner was wonderful. All of the other moms brought some food to help Denise out. After the meal, all of the kids were watching “Babes in Toyland”, and Nick and Felicia were sitting next to each other against the couch. Aaron came up from behind them and had some mistletoe. Kevin was the first to see this.

“Hey guys, you might want to look up,” he said.

Felicia and Nick looked up, then over at Aaron, who had a big grin on his face. Nick rolled his eyes.

“What’s that you’re holding?” Felicia asked. She knew some stuff about Christmas, but not many of the traditions.

“Mittletoe,” Aaron said, mispronouncing it.

Felicia had a confused look on her face.

“If you are underneath the mistletoe with someone else, you are supposed to kiss them,” Nick said.

“Oh…” Felicia said.

“Well, might as well not break tradition, right?” Nick asked.

Felicia smiled. “Okay.”

They gave each other a peck on the lips, but Felicia didn’t feel any connection. Oh well, Felicia thought.

Aaron started poking Felicia’s shoulder. Felicia looked at him, and now he was holding the mistletoe over himself and Felicia. Felicia had to laugh. “Do you want a kiss too?”

Aaron nodded his head. “He’s a little player,” Nick said laughing.

“What’s a pwayer?” Aaron asked.

Felicia laughed. “Don’t worry about it.” She gave a quick peck on his cheek.

“Aww…. Aaron has a girlfriend,” Nick joked. Felicia playfully slapped him on the arm before turning her attention back to the movie, and soon after falling asleep next to Nick.