- Text Size +
Chapter 20

~April 1994~

April was a big month for AJ. It was the guys’ one year anniversary, and it was Felicia’s first birthday with him and Denise. I wonder what I should get her, he thought. Felicia once again joined the guys for dance rehearsal. Felicia was even helping Fatima choreograph the dance for “Roll With It”. While the two girls were working on the dance, the guys went to the cafeteria.

“I can’t believe its been a whole year already,” Howie said as he got his food.

“I know man. A year ago, I was prepping for my A.P. tests. I never did get a refund on them,” Brian chuckled.

“Hey guys, Felicia’s birthday is coming up. What should I get her?” AJ asked, eating his chips.

“Well, I think she has enough picture frames and albums to last her awhile,” Kevin laughed. “Think we went overboard much at Christmas?”

“Why don’t you just ask her,” Nick said.

“Well, that would make everything so easy,” AJ said. “I want it to be a surprise Kaos.”

“Oh…. then don’t tell Nick what your getting. He’ll tell her when she’s not even asking about it,” Howie laughed as he ducked away from Nick.

“What if you draw something for her,” Nick suggested.

“Hm….not a bad idea. Now, you’re sure you wont tell her?” AJ joked.

Nicked pretended to lock his lips and threw away the key.

~*~*~

It was five days before her birthday. Felicia was excited, because she was finally going to be a teenager. No more pre-teen for me! Felicia was playing Super Mario Brothers with AJ, and Felicia was actually winning this time.

“Yeah, I’m just letting you win,” AJ said.

“Sure you are,” Felicia laughed as she won.

“Beginner’s luck,” AJ scoffed.

“Yeah, tenth time beginner’s luck,” Felicia said as she laid back against the couch.

AJ laughed. “Okay, so maybe I was just having an off day.”

Felicia laughed and looked around the room. She saw a miniature Mickey and Minnie mouse by the window. “Where’d you get Mickey and Minnie? I never saw them before.”

“Disney World,” AJ said.

“You’ve been to Disney?” Felicia asked, wide eyed.

“Yeah. It’s only like, five minutes away. Haven’t you been there before?” AJ asked. How could she not have been to the happiest place on earth!

Felicia shook her head. “Nope. Before I moved down here, I’ve never been to Florida. The only amusement parks I have been to were Geauga Lake and Sea World, but they were in the next town over.”

AJ’s mouth dropped open. “Okay, then for your birthday I’ll ask mom if we can go to Disney.”

“Really?” Felicia asked.

“Uh huh, maybe Kevin can get us a discount or something.”

“How could he do that?” Felicia asked.

“He used to work there.”

“Really? That’s so cool!” Felicia asked.

AJ smiled. “Trust me, it really is the happiest place on earth.”