- Text Size +
Chapter 21

It was April 29, the day before Felicia’s birthday. She once again went to dance rehearsal with AJ, and this time she ate lunch with them.

“So, what are you doing to celebrate tomorrow?” Howie asked.

“I think we’re going to Disney, right?” Felicia looked over at AJ for confirmation.

“Uh huh. By the way, Kev, were you able to get a discount?” AJ asked.

“Sorry man, they wouldn’t let me do it. New management or something,” Kevin said.

“Wait, you guys were going to Disney and didn’t even invite us?” Nick asked, mocking being hurt.

AJ laughed, “I figured you guys wouldn’t want to go since you’ve already been there. This would be Felicia’s first time there.”

“You can never get sick of it Bone,” Howie said, smiling like a little kid.

“And remember, I’ve only been there once,” Brian said, putting on the same smile.

Felicia had to laugh at their antics. So this is what Disney does to people.

AJ just shook his head. “Let me guess, you want to go too, right Kevin?”

“Well, might as well make it a group event,” Kevin said.

“Okay, well, I don’t see why not, unless you mind Felicia.”

“Not at all. I’d like to spend it with friends too,” she smiled.

“Okay, then it’s set,” AJ said, rubbing his hands together. “Operation Disney Birthday is a go.”

Kevin looked at his watch. “Uh guys, we need to be heading back if we don’t want to get into trouble.”

Felicia looked up and blushed. “I think it’s a little to late for that,” she said as she saw Fatima standing in the doorway, tapping her foot.

~*~*~

The next morning Felicia awoke at 7 am. As with all of her birthdays, she also woke up at 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, and 6 am. She never woke up at 5 am, the hour she was born. I hate it when I do that. She would have gone back to bed, but knowing she was going to Disney was too much excitement for her. She headed downstairs and saw Denise already making breakfast.

“Hi mom,” Felicia said and gave her a peck on the cheek.

“Happy birthday sweetie,” Denise said, sounding stuffy.

“Are you okay?” Felicia asked.

“Yeah, just a stuffy nose, no big deal,” Denise said and continued making the French toast.

“Mmmm…that smells good mom,” AJ said as he came downstairs. He gave Felicia a small hug. “Happy birthday.”

“Thank you,” Felicia said smiling.

Denise finished up making breakfast and they started eating. Denise started sneezing.

“Are you sure your okay mom?” Felicia asked.

“Yeah, I-I” Denise sneezed and sighed. “I guess I’m not.” She turned to Felicia. “Is it okay if I don’t go to Disney today? I don’t want anyone else to get sick, or make myself worse.”

Felicia nodded her head. “That’s okay mom, we can go as a family another time. But um, how will we get there? We are meeting the others at Disney.”

“Tsk tsk,” AJ said, shaking his head. “You seem to forget that I am now 16 and have my license.”

“Oy vey,” Felicia said.

~*~*~

After only two close calls, Felicia and AJ made it to Disney safely.

“Heh….you promise not to tell mom about that, right?” AJ asked sheepishly.

Felicia giggled. “I’ll try to remember that. So, where are we meeting them again?”

“Front gate,” AJ said as they got out of the car.

Felicia looked at what was in front of her. “Wow…” she said as looked at the giant golf ball type thing. “Why is there a golf ball right there?”

“Huh?” AJ asked as he looked ahead and laughed. “That’s not a golf ball. It’s spaceship earth. It’s like a timeline of all the different cultures.”

“Ohh…”Felicia said, still in awe of it.

“Hey birthday girl!” Felicia heard Brian yell from across the parking lot. Felicia and AJ stopped in order for the guys to catch up.

“Hey guys,” Felicia said smiling.

“Where’s Denise?” Kevin asked.

“She came down with something. She let me drive,” AJ said proudly.

“Uh oh. Were you traumatized by the experience Felicia?” Howie joked.

Felicia laughed. “Nope, he barely crashed.”

“Hey! I thought I told you not to talk about that,” AJ said.

“You said not to mention it to mom, not to the guys,” Felicia giggled.

Everyone laughed. “Come on! Let’s go before all the lines get too long!” Nick said and started pulling Felicia inside.

~*~*~

Felicia was having a lot of fun. At Epcot, they went on Spaceship Earth, visited the dolphins, visited Innovations, and met a lot of Disney characters, with the help of Kevin.

“This is so cool!” Felicia exclaimed as they walked to the monorail. “But I thought there was a castle at Disney.”

“Yeah, that’s at another part of Disney,” Kevin said.

Felicia’s mouth dropped open. “Y-you mean there’s more?!”

All the guys laughed. “Yeah, there are two more parks, Magic Kingdom and MGM Studios,” Howie explained.

“Plus the two water parks,” Nick chimed in.

“And the shopping area,” Brian added.

“This…. this is like heaven!” Felicia exclaimed.

Everyone laughed. “So then, where do you want to go next?” AJ asked.

“Um…Magic Kingdom,” Felicia said. It’s a kingdom, that’s where castles are, so that must be where this castle is. Right? Right.

“Okay, then lets take the monorail instead of the bus,” Kevin said. The climbed the ramp and waited for it to come.

~*~*~

After visiting Magic Kingdom, the gang went to MGM.

“We’ve gotta do the Tower of Terror first!” Nick said as they made their way off the monorail again.

“What is it?” Felicia asked.

“It’s like you are in an elevator. You go up to the top of the building, and then it drops you down, and it takes you up and down a little bit longer,” Kevin explained.

“How tall is it?”

“Thirteen stories. Cause its supposed to be unlucky and all,” Howie said.

“Th-thirteen stories?” Felicia asked. They arrived at the ride and Felicia looked up. Her face went pale.

“Are you okay?” AJ asked. “You haven’t looked like that since the plane ride.”

Felicia had a feeling if she didn’t go she would be the only one sitting out. “Y-yeah, I’m fine. Lets go.”

“Are you sure? I know I’m going to be sitting out of this one. I hate heights,” Brian said.

Felicia sighed in relief. “Well, if someone else is going to, then I’ll sit out.”

“Are you sure? We don’t need to go on it,” AJ said. Nick gave him a look, but no one saw it.

“No, really, its fine. It’s not like it’s a huge wait time or anything,” Felicia said, looking at the timer at the entrance of the ride.

“Okay, then we will meet you at the exit,” Kevin said as the four of them went into line.

“Want to go to the exit now? That way we are in the shade,” Brian suggested.

“Sure,” Felicia said and headed over that way. “So why don’t you like heights?”

“Not really sure. Just one time I was on a diving board, I looked down, and freaked out,” Brian said as they sat down on a bench.

Just like that, the others came back out. Felicia looked over at them, very confused. “What happened? I know that wasn’t thirty minutes yet.”

“The ride is closed do to technical difficulties,” Nick mumbled.

“That’s okay. It helps that we live down here. We can pretty much come back whenever we want to,” Howie said.

“Well, what else is there here?” Felicia asked.

“They have an Indiana Jones live action show,” Brian said.

“Awesome!” Felicia said.

~*~*~

After going to every attraction they could in those three parks, Felicia was dead tired.

“It’s getting dark, we should get going before its completely dark,” Kevin said.

“Plus we have the meeting tomorrow with management,” Howie added.

“That might be a good idea. A certain 13-year old looks like she’s getting sleepy,” AJ said as Felicia yawned.

“Today was a lot of fun guys,” Felicia said and yawned again. “Thanks.”

“You don’t need to thank us,” Brian smiled.

Felicia smiled back and leaned against AJ, really getting tired.

“Bye Felicia. See you tomorrow AJ,” Nick said as the others went back to Kevin’s car.

Felicia got into the car, and just so she wouldn’t be a witness to AJ’s driving again, fell asleep. It helped that she was tired too.

~*~*~

“Mom, were home!” AJ said as he and Felicia walked inside. Denise was watching a movie on TV.

“Hey guys, how was it?” she asked as she turned around, still sounding stuffy.

“It was a lot of fun. We didn’t get a chance to go to the water parks though,” Felicia said as she rubbed her eyes.

“I can see your tired, but don’t fall asleep yet. We still need to give you our presents,” Denise said as she went to get them. AJ and Felicia sat on the couch, and Denise came back with he present and AJ’s present.

“Open mine first,” AJ said, hoping she would like it. “It’s the one with the stars on it.”

Felicia opened it up, and saw his drawing. It was of a girl sleeping, all the while in different thought bubbles, dreaming of music notes, a guitar, dance shoes, and a book. “Thank you Alex,” she said and gave him a hug.

“You’re welcome,” he said.

Felicia went to open Denise’s present. It was the picture of Felicia and AJ asleep on the couch from a couple months back, but it was framed. Felicia gave her a hug. “Thanks mom.”

“You’re welcome sweetie,” Denise said as she returned the hug. Felicia yawned again. “You should head to bed now, before you fall asleep down here.”

“Yeah, then I would need to carry you upstairs again,” AJ mocked.

Felicia giggled. “And we WOULDN’T want you to do that, would we?” She stood up. “Goodnight,” she said as she headed to her room. Felicia didn’t even turn on the lights. She put her two presents on her desk with her glasses, and then fell onto her bed. She was out like a light.