- Text Size +
Chapter 22

The next day, while AJ was at the meeting with management, Denise was preparing dinner and Felicia was working on her lay-ups. Let’s just say it wasn’t going very well.

“Stupid basketball, why won’t you go in the hoop?” Felicia grumbled as she went to chase the ball one more time. She kept working on it without much luck, until AJ pulled into the driveway.

“Having trouble?” AJ asked, trying not to laugh as the ball almost hit her in the head.

“Well, yeah. But it’s not on my part. The ball just doesn’t like the net,” Felicia said.

AJ laughed. “Sure it doesn’t.”

Felicia stuck her tongue out at him and tried one more time. This time, it actually went in. “I did it!” she squealed. She turned around. “You are officially my good luck charm,” she said.

“Okay, just don’t cut off my foot to put on a keychain or anything,” AJ joked.

Denise came outside. “Dinner’s ready, and no racing!”

~*~*~

“Did you guys work on any new songs?” Felicia asked.

“No, just the meeting,” AJ said. “Can you pass the potatoes?”

“What did they want to discuss?” Denise asked.

AJ sighed. He was hoping she wouldn’t ask. “Lou….Lou wants us to go to Europe.”

“That’s so cool! You get to go to the Eiffel tower, and Buckingham palace. How long are you going to be there?” Felicia asked.

AJ sighed again. “A couple months at a time. He said that the U.S. just isn’t ready for us or something like that.”

“Oh,” Felicia said softly.

“I’m guessing family can’t come,” Denise said.

AJ shook his head. “Nope. You guys can come to visit sometimes, but the majority of the time will be us recording more songs and performing them.”

“When are you leaving?” Felicia asked.

“A week.”

A week?! Felicia just smiled. “Well then, your gonna need to make sure you stay away from the girls.”

“He’d better,” Denise laughed.

“Hey, its not my fault if I’m so hot,” AJ smirked.

Felicia looked at her watch. “Hey! Fresh Prince is on soon!”

“Can’t miss that!” AJ laughed.

“You two go ahead, I’ll clean up,” Denise said as she took away the plates.

Felicia smiled. I’m going to spend as much time as I can with him. Or for that matter, all of the guys.