- Text Size +
Chapter 24

Felicia had finished her homework and was now waiting for Denise to stop talking to AJ. Denise looked over at Felicia.

“Are you done?” Denise asked, putting her hand over the mouthpiece.

Felicia nodded, really wanting to talk AJ.

Denise chuckled. “Okay,” she said and went back to the phone. “Someone here wants to talk to you,” she said and gave the phone over to Felicia.

“Hi Alex,” Felicia said, sitting down on the couch.

“Hey Leisha,” AJ said.

“Leisha?” Felicia asked. “Where’d that come from?”

“Eh, just something I made up. I’m too tired to say the fe- part of it,” AJ said as he heard a giggle from the other end of the phone. “So, mom said you started school today. How was it?”

Felicia looked around and saw that Denise went out to the backyard. “It was okay.”

“Did something bad happen?”

“No..well, sort of,” Felicia sighed. “My English teacher asked why I moved down here, and I told her it was because I was adopted. After that all the kids were starting rumors about me.”

“Why would your teacher ask that in the first place?” AJ asked, furious at what happened.

“It’s not her fault, she had no idea about it,” Felicia said. “But she’s really nice, so is my choir director.

“Well, I’m guessing that there weren’t too many friends to be made, considering how WONDERFUL that school is,” AJ said sarcastically.

“Well, I did make one friend. His name is Ian,” Felicia said.

“A he? Oooo…. someone has a boyfriend,” AJ teased.

“Alex! We are just friends, plus I have only known him for a day,” Felicia said, sounding embarrassed.

“I’m just joking sis,” Alex said.

“What time is it over there?” Felicia asked, trying to change the subject.

“Eh, midnight?” AJ said, not really sure.

“Midnight?! Shouldn’t you be in bed?” Felicia asked, feeling bad that she was keeping him up late.

“Yes mom,” AJ joked, receiving a giggle in return. “Well, I guess I should get going. I’ll see you next Friday.”

“Okay. Tell all the guys I say hi.”

“Will do. Love ya,” AJ said.

“Love ya back,” Felicia giggled and hung up. Even though she finished up her homework, she wanted to make sure her English poem was just right.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, over in Europe…

“Felicia says hi,” AJ said to the rest of the guys. Nick and Brian were playing a video game, while Kevin and Howie were on the couch behind them talking.

“So, did I mishear or does she have a boyfriend?” Kevin asked, turning to face AJ.

AJ laughed. “Well, according to her she doesn’t. I was just joking with her though.”

“Wait, what?” Nick asked.

“Felicia met a guy at her school. Thankfully. It sounds like everyone else is horrible,” AJ said and plopped down next to Howie.

“Does she like him?” Nick asked.

“Ha! Beat you again!” Brian said proudly, not noticing Nick had stopped.

Nick rolled his eyes. “Well?” he asked AJ expectedly.

“Not really sure, I think so. Why? Does someone have a crush?” AJ asked, raising his eyebrows.

“No,” Nick said, but wasn’t very convincing.

Brian and AJ looked at each other. “Felicia and Nicky, sitting in a tree,” they sang.

“Shut up!” Nick blushed before he ran back to his and Brian’s room.

Kevin shook his head. “That was REAL smart guys.”

“We were just joking,” Brian said softly.

“Well, I don’t think he realized that,” Kevin said.

“Sorry,” Brian and AJ mumbled.

“Maybe you should tell him that,” Howie said, nodding towards the door.

AJ and Brian got up and went over to the room. When they walked in, the lights were on and Nick was in his bed, curled up and facing the other way.

AJ sighed. “We’re sorry bro. We were just joking. We didn’t think you would be offended.”

Nick didn’t answer.

AJ sighed. “Well, it is getting late. We should be getting to bed,” he whispered to Brian, who nodded in return. “Night Kaos,” AJ said before returning to his room.

Brian went over to his bed and sat so he faced Nick. He realized that Nick was asleep, so he got ready for bed and turned off the lights before getting comfortable in his bed.

“Night Frick,” he heard Nick say, his eyes still closed.

Brian chuckled softly. "Night Frack."

Almost done catching you guys up to where my story is. I am off tomorrow so i will be able to work on it then, but once i get the story caught up, the updates wont be too fast :(

edit: i didnt like how the ending sounded so i changed it a smidge. not like it really affects it, but i just thought ya should know