- Text Size +
Chapter 26

~April 1996~

Since Felicia’s visit to the guys, she has gone back about once every two months. Unfortunately for her, Denise managed to schedule most of the visits on days Felicia’s school was off. Felicia started taking dance lessons at the beginning of this school year, and was even allowed to choreograph dances for the pre-school classes. Felicia and Ian were officially a couple, and after a few days, or weeks, Nick managed to get over it. Ian was still her only friend, but she was okay with it. This year, they had every class together, except for choir.

“Did you understand number eight in geometry?” Ian asked as they walked from the lunch line to their table.

“Sort of. I have the concept down, I just don’t get how to write out the proof for it,” Felicia said and sat down.

“Yeah, this one’s hard; probably our hardest yet,” he said and sat down next to her.

“Thank god its almost over though,” Felicia said. She looked up towards the lunch line and saw a girl looking around for a place to sit. “Is she new?” she asked Ian.

He looked up to where she was looking. “I think so. I know I’ve never seen her before.”

“Man, that’s got to be bad for her to move this close to the end of school,” Felicia said and waved to her to come over.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m letting her know she can come over. I don’t want her to feel like an outcast,” Felicia said. Ever since she came, she was the only new kid in her grade. The girl came over and stood by the table. “Hi, do you want to sit with us?” Felicia asked.

“Um, sure,” the girl said softly and sat across from the couple.

“I’m Felicia, and this is Ian,” Felicia smiled. “What’s your name?”

“Lenore,” she said. “All of my friends called me Lenni though.”

“That’s cool,” Ian said. “Where are you from?”

“Canada. And just so you know, it is so much warmer down here,” Lenni smiled and ate some of her food.

Felicia laughed. “Totally. I’m actually from Ohio myself. Just wait until winter; you will have a hard time adjusting to no snow.”

“Aw, so no more snow men?” Lenni joked, causing both girls to giggle.

“So, what are your classes?” Ian asked.

Lenni showed the two her schedule.

“Well, we only have gym together, but other than that, we have the same teachers,” Felicia said. “Just warning you, geometry is tough today.”

“Let me guess, proofs?”

Felicia nodded and showed her the homework. Lenni looked it over.

“Um, is our teacher, like, legally insane?”

Felicia and Ian laughed. “She could be,” Ian said.

The group of friends finished their lunches and went off to gym class. Even though Ian wasn’t in the same class with the two girls, he still had it at the same time.

“So, what are we doing today?” Lenni asked as they walked into the locker room.

“Dance-aerobics,” Felicia said. This was, by far, her favorite gym activity the whole year. Well, aside from basketball.

“Sweet!” Lenni said. “Will I still be able to do it even though I don’t have a uniform yet?”

“I don’t see why not. I mean, it’s only your first day,” Felicia said and went over to her locker. She changed and went back to Lenni as they walked out. “So, you like to dance too?”

“Sure do. Been doing it for eight years now.”

“No way! That’s how long I’ve been doing it too!” Felicia said.

“Freaky,” both girls said at the same time, causing both to giggle again.

“Lenni, I think this is the beginning of a be-u-ti-ful friendship,” Felicia said and put her arm around Lenni’s shoulder.