- Text Size +
just some interesting facts...not exactly disclaimers. and lenni, sorry bout last night, my internet went out and i couldnt get back. i was fairly pissed. but maybe it was a sign telling me to go to bed. now with my new work schedule, i hope we are able to catch each other online more often.

a)the story about the dance teacher is true. i really did have a dance teacher named miss jen, and she really did have this connection. the only thing false about it is the tickets(i wish it could of happened) lol

b) the group at medival times is based off of the trip i took to florida this year with the band/orchestra. we were in the blue section, and we were REDICULOUSLY crazy. only thing false about it is that the blue knight didnt win....the yellow/red one did(our directors were in that section and wouldnt let the rest of us live it down lol)

c)"Down girl. heel, stay is from rent....i didnt mean for that to happen though lol

Chapter 28

~May 1997~

Another year has passed. Felicia, Lenni, and Ian had successfully made it into high school. Felicia and Ian were still going out, but like before, were not around each other as much as they used to be. Nick now had his own girlfriend, and Felicia was happy for him. The boys were still in Europe, but were coming home for Felicia’s dance recital. Felicia managed to convince Lenni to join her dance studio, and they had all of the same classes, along with helping the pre-schoolers. When Felicia was looking out into the audience from the wings, she saw her mom, the boys, but no Ian. I wonder where he is.

“Nervous?” Lenni asked, coming up from behind Felicia, causing her to jump.

“Don’t do that!” Felicia said. “I almost jumped on stage!”

Lenni laughed. “That would be too funny. But seriously, ya ready, fellow blues brother?” she asked, tipping her hat in front of her eyes.

This caused Felicia to laugh, and a stern look from one of the stagehands. Felicia and Lenni were about to go on for their first of five dances. This one was the Blues Brother’s “Gimme Some Lovin”, and it worked out that Felicia and Lenni were the only dancers in it. They’re costumes were just like the Blues’ Brothers; the hats, the suit jackets and pants, the ties. The only difference is that they had tap shoes on and they had unitards underneath the suits.

“Sure am! But really, it’s a good thing Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi didn’t wear these things.”

“Tell me bout it. It’s horrible!” Lenni giggled.

“Girls! Your on next!” Miss Jen called out to them in a whisper. She wasn’t the head of the dance studio, but Lenni and Felicia managed to have her be the dance teacher for all of their classes. The two girls were extremely good friends with her. Miss Jen used to be on the “King and I” on Broadway, and knew Taye Diggs from the new musical “Rent”. Miss Jen was able to get the girls tickets, along with a chance to meet the cast. Even though Denise and Lenni’s parents weren’t happy with the subject matter of the musical, they still let them go up to see it during winter break.

“Good luck Lenni! I’ll see you onstage,” Felicia said as she made her way backstage so she could get to the other side of the stage.

“It’s not good luck! It’s break a leg!” Lenni called out, a little too loud. “Whoops…there’s my big mouth again,” she mumbled sheepishly, receiving many glares.

~*~*~

After their jazz dance to “Vogue”, except for the finale, the girls were done. Felicia went back to the wings. There was still no sign of Ian. How could he not show up? He knew how much this means to me! Then her thoughts turned to the worst. What if something happened to him? I hope he’s okay.

“You okay girl?” Lenni asked, once again sneaking up on her. This time Felicia didn’t jump.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m fine. I mean, we made it, right?” Felicia smirked, trying to ignore her thoughts.

“Uh huh, sure you are,” Lenni said, but decided this wasn’t the time to talk about it. “Come on, we gotta get to our spots for the finale,” she said before pulling Felicia off to their spots.

~*~*~

Once the finale was over and everyone changed, Felicia and Lenni made their way out to their meeting spots to find their families.

“I know I said this after like, every dance, but we rocked girl!” Lenni said before giving Felicia a hug.

Felicia laughed. “I know, I know. It was so much fun!”

“So…. wanna tell me what was up before?” Lenni asked.

Before Felicia could respond, their families were coming to congratulate them. Thank god. Lenni’s parents went over to congratulate her.

“You were wonderful sweetie!” Denise said and hugged her tightly.

“Thanks mom,” Felicia replied before looking over at AJ who had two bouquets of roses. “Alex, which girls gave you those flowers?” she teased.

The other boys laughed at that as AJ have her a hug. “These are for you Miss Dancer,” AJ said before handing them over. “White ones are from mom, multicolored ones are from the five of us.”

“Aww, thank you guys,” she said, and then noticed Ian wasn’t there. “So, I guess he never showed up.”

“His loss,” Brian said, hugging her gently.

Felicia smiled. “Thanks. So, did you guys like the show?”

Howie came over and gave her a small hug. “Are you kidding? It was awesome! Fatima would be proud.”

Felicia laughed. “Oh yeah.”

Kev smiled before giving her his hug. “And I loved the model walk during Vogue. I wonder who your inspiration could have been.”

“I don’t know…. that’s real good question,” Felicia giggled.

“Oh, Felicia, we have good news,” Nick said smiling, coming up to her.

“What’s that?”

“Well…. Lou thinks we are ready to debut in the U.S. We aren’t going back to Europe,” he said.

“Really?!?!” Felicia asked before giving Nick a humongous hug.

“Down girl, heel, stay,” Lenni laughed as she came back over with her parents.

Felicia realized what she did when she heard that plus all of the laughing; she backed away, red in the face. “Sorry…. just got a wee bit excited.”

“So, are we still going to go out to eat?” Trisha, Lenni’s mom, asked.

Denise nodded. “Where do you girls want to go?”

Felicia and Lenni looked at each other, putting on evil grins before turning to face the group.

“Medieval Times!!!!”

~*~*~

“That was so awesome,” Felicia said as herself, Denise, and AJ headed back home. The rest of the guys would be spending time at home, except for Kevin and Brian. Before they came back over, they managed to find an apartment that they could rent, so they wouldn’t need to worry about spending nights at the other guys houses. Their group ended up sitting in the blue section, along with a fairly crazy group of band and orchestra kids. They won, and Felicia was psyched, still wearing her crown. She even managed to catch one of the roses the blue knight threw to the crowd.

“Totally! And you know who had the best spirit,” AJ said, smiling big.

Felicia giggled as they pulled into the driveway. “Those kids were just completely PSYCO!”

“The food wasn’t too bad either,” Denise said. She opened the door and checked to see if there were any messages on the answering machine.

Felicia and AJ brought her costumes up to her room. “Wanna bet I won’t wear these again?

AJ laughed. “yeah, why do they make you pay for them anyways?”

“I really don’t know.”

“Felicia! Ian called!,” Denise called up.

Felicia picked up the phone and dialed Ian, shoeing AJ out the door.

“I can see when I’m not wanted. Have fun talking to your boy toy!” AJ said while being pushed.

“Shaddup,” Felicia said, sticking out her tongue and closing the door. Thank god I have my own extenstion. As she made it back to her bed she heard someone pick up.

“Hello?”

“Hi Mrs. Spreat. It’s Felicia. Is Ian there?”

“Sure, let me go get him,” Mrs. Spreat said while she put the phone down.

“Felicia?”

“Hi Ian,” Felicia said. Well, at least he’s okay. But why didn’t he show up. “Where were you today?”

“Uh…home?” Ian said, not really knowing what she was talking about.

Felicia sighed. “You forgot…”

“Huh?”

“My dance recital…. it was today…”Felicia trailed off.

“Oh…yeah….”

No apology?! Felicia was fuming, but decided not to let it show. “So, you called?”

“Uh yeah….”Ian said, getting nervous. “Felicia….I think we should stop seeing each other.

Felicia was floored. “Wh-what did you say?”

“I think we need to stop going out.”

“But why?!”

“You barely pay attention to me! And when you do, almost every conversation is about your brother and his friends!”

“Okay…f-first of all, not every single conversation is about them! I just talk about them when it comes up, then I drop it! Secondly, how am I not paying attention?” Felicia asked, crying.

“All you do is dance, write, and hang out with Lenni. There is never enough time for me anymore!” Ian yelled, exasperated.

This was making Felicia furious. “So, you think that just because you were the first friend I made, it means that I am only supposed to be with you? Is that it?!” Felicia didn’t get any response. “Well, then I’m glad its over!” she yelled before disconnecting the call. No sooner than she did that did she sob into her pillow.

AJ walked by her room towards the end of the call. He couldn’t tell what was going on exactly, but knew it was bad. “Felicia? Can I come in?’ he asked softly. Receiving no reply, he opened the door and sat next to her on the bed. “What’s wrong sweetie?”

Felicia sat up and leaned into AJ putting her face into his shoulder. “Ian dumped me,” she cried.

AJ rubbed her back. “I’m sorry sweetie…I knew there was something about him that I didn’t like.” Felicia was still bawling into his shirt. “I’m sure there is someone out there waiting for you.” Too bad he currently has a girlfriend right now. AJ got an idea. “Hang on, I think I might have something to cheer you up.” He kissed her forehead as he went to his room to get the cassette. He came back, and put in the tape.

“Alllll…Everything I have is for you,” the boys voices came over the stereo.

“W-whats this?” Felicia asked, wiping her nose.

“A conversation mix of All I Have to Give,” AJ said.

Felicia listened to it and giggled after every part. “It sounds like a cheesy dating video.”

“I knew that would make you happy.”

“Not happy, just better,”Felicia said as she snuggled into AJ, just like she was a little kid.

AJ sighed and hummed “I’ll Never Break Your Heart” as she fell asleep.