- Text Size +
I think some people will be VERY happy with this chapter hehe.

bagel the beagle is named after my friends dog.

Chapter 33

The next day, Jono planned to get to the bottom of this; if Felicia loved him or Nick.

“Did you have a fun time at the wedding?” Felicia asked as she sat down next to him on the couch. Felicia bought her own house after the Millenium tour was over with, but it was within reasonable distance to her friends and family’s houses in Orlando.

“Uh huh,” Jono replied, turning on the baseball game.

“Is something wrong?” Felicia asked, wrapping an arm around him.

Jono sighed and looked over at Felicia. “Do you like Nick?”

Felicia laughed. “Of course! He’s my best friend! How could I dislike him?”

Jono rolled his eyes. “Not like that! I mean, do you like him as in LOVE him,: he said, getting annoyed very fast.

“What?! Of course not! I mean, yeah, I used to have a crush on him, but I was 12 at the time!” Felicia asked, withdrawing her arm. She was completely shocked that he would even think that she had those feelings. Then again, I did feel something last night.

“Then what was going on at the reception? I saw you two dancing together.”

Felicia gave him an aggravated sigh. “We were just dancing as friends. I was by myself, he wanted me to have fun, so we danced. That’s that.”

“Didn’t look like that. Sure looks like you have feelings for him, and I bet he feels the same way,” Jono mumbled, staring past the tv.

Felicia sighed. “What do I need to prove to you that I love you more than him?”

Jono thought about it for a little bit, looked at her with a gleam in his eyes. “Have sex with me.”

“WHAT?!” Felicia yelled, standing up and backing away from him.

“Have sex with me, and that will prove that you love me more than him.”

“No way, nuh uh,” she said, shaking her head. “I told you when we started this relationship that I want to wait until marriage. I’m not going to have sex with you to prove a point! You said you would respect that!”

“So then you do love that pussy,” Jono snickered.

Felicia glared at him before slapping him hard across the cheek. “How dare you say that about him!! I thought you were his friend! I want you out of my house….NOW!”

Jono stood up and grabbed his coat. “Fine. Have a nice life….bitch,” he said before heading to the door.

Felicia helped him though when she shoved him outside and slammed the door behind him. Instead of crying though, she went back to the couch to think. Her beagle puppy, Bagel, climbed onto her lap and Felicia pet her as she thought about what just happened.

Thank god he doesn’t live here. I can’t believe he acted like that. Nick and I are just friends, he had no reason to doubt me. I mean, I had that dream so long ago, we were just friends in it. Then the mistletoe….but we grew up…..and it’s been so long. Felicia remembered one part of her dream, the hallway. A never ending hallway…. maybe it means something…..I need to find out for myself. She stopped thinking about the whole ordeal and called Nick’s home phone.

“Hello?”

“Nick? It’s Felicia.”

“Oh, hey girl! What’s up?”

“Um…. are ya busy?” Felicia asked, giggling when Bagel licked her ear.

“No…what’s going on? Jono up to something?” he joked, not missing the giggle.

Felicia tensed up when he said Jono’s name. “Um, no. That was just Bagel. Do you want to come over?”

“Yeah, sure, I’ll be there in 15,” Nick said, not picking up the change in her tone.

“I’ll see you then,” she said.

“Later,” he said before hanging up to get ready. Felicia hung up as well and kissed the top of Bagel’s head. “Hungry girl? Come on, let me get you some food,” she said before going to the kitchen.

~*~*~

Felicia put Bagel in the backyard and was coming back into the house when she heard the doorbell ring. “I’m coming!” she yelled before running to the door. She was so nervous about what was going to happen. I have nothing to lose now. She opened the door and saw Nick brought some McDonalds with him.

“I figured it’s dinner time, why not bring over some food for ya while I’m hungry,” he smiled as he walked in.

Felicia smiled back and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks Nick,” she said and lead him to the couch. She took her bag from him and looked inside. “Yummy, I love my chicken nuggets,” she said and took them out.

Nick made a gagging noise. “But from what part of the chicken are they from?” he joked.

Felicia laughed. “Hey, chicken is healthier than red meat, that’s my motto. Its not like I’m eating chicken livers or anything,” she shuddered and popped one into her mouth.

“Girl, don’t make me lose my appetite! I haven’t even had my food yet,” Nick laughed as they continued to eat and make jokes.

~*~*~

Once they were finished, Felicia and Nick subconsciously cuddled on the couch like when they were younger.

Might as well get it over with, Felicia sighed and looked up at Nick. “Nick? Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah…. something else or was that your question?” Nick joked.

Usually, Felicia would of laughed or elbowed Nick for being a smart ass, but she was too worried about what he might say to care. “I’m serious Nick.”

Nick wiped the smirk off his face and looked at her concerened. “What is it? Is something wrong?”

I hope not. “Nick….. do you love me?”

Nick just stared at her. “Why does it matter? You have Jono.”

“We broke up, just before I called you,” Felicia whispered, looking down at her lap.

“I’m sorry,” Nick said before looking past Felicia, out the screen door.

Felicia looked back up at him. “You didn’t answer my question.”

Nick continued to stare out the window.

“Oh…”Felicia said, looking back down at her lap, feeling rejected.

Nick looked down at her and tilted her chin up. He gazed into her eyes before kissing her. After what seemed like an eternity, they broke apart, their eyes never leaving each other.

“Is that a yes or no?” Felicia asked.

Nick chuckled before they kissed again.