- Text Size +
i know, its been awhile lol...after i got back from pennsylvania, i had some writers block, so i took a break from the story until after the concert....not a smart move lol. ive been on a bsb high since then, so that didnt help either (well, it didnt help the story, i havent stopped singing their songs since lol) anyways....last night as i was going to sleep, i figured out what to do, so here it is!

Chapter 39

Because Felicia was so weak, she was forced to stay in the hospital for a week. During this time, Gray and Vinton made a few visits to have her look at a photo line up and to get her statement for evidence in court. Because of her attorney and statements made by the boys, the jury was able to find Jono guilty within a day, resulting in Felicia not being able to attend.

“It’s okay,” Felicia told Nick a couple of hours before the verdict would be read. “I don’t need to be there. I don’t think I would be able to handle seeing him again.”

Three days later, Felicia was going home. Lenni was going to take her home while the rest of the gang would be prepping her house.

“I can’t wait to get out of here,” Felicia said, slowly putting on her clothes with Lenni’s help.

“We can’t wait to have you back either,” Lenni said, tying Felicia’s shoes. “Especially Bagel.”

“Are you sure she wasn’t any trouble?” Felicia asked. “I know when she wants to, she can be a little terror.”

“She was an angel. Especially with Cream Cheese watching after her,” Lenni said, referring to her own Golden Retriever.

Felicia rolled her eyes. “I still can’t belive that you named her that. Especially after I named my dog Bagel,” she said, slowly getting into the wheelchair with Lenni’s help.

“Hey, they are best buds, just like their momma’s. Might as well have their names go together. It’s like the Frick and Frack of the dogs,” Lenni said, pushing Felicia outside.

Felicia laughed. “Man, if they hear that they are like Bagel and Cream Cheese, they will freak.”

~*~*~

When the girls arrived at Felicia’s home, Lenni ran around to the trunk to get the wheelchair out. Felicia wouldn’t need to stay in it all of the time, but the doctor didn’t want her walking or standing, unless she absolutely needed to.

“Is Kevin back yet?” Felicia asked as she got into the chair.

Lenni nodded. “He got back late last night. He said next time, he’s giving a contact number.”

“Next time?” Felicia asked as Lenni wheeled her to the backyard. “Does that mean hes going to get married again?”

Lenni rolled her eyes. “And sometimes I wonder if going out with Nick made you an honorary blonde,” she joked.

“Hey! I have my own blond highlights, thank you very much!” Felicia laughed. “I don’t need assistance from Nick in that department.”

Lenni laughed and pushed her into the backyard, leading her to a ramp into the house.

“Wow…since when have I had a ramp?” Felicia asked.

“Dear god,” Lenni laughed. “I’m not even gonna answer that.”

“Meanie,” Felicia pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

Lenni just shook her head and pushed her into the dark dinning room.

Felicia knew this scene all too well. She helped plan AJ’s surprise party for his 21st birthday, but decided to play dumb for this. “Maybe we should turn on the lights. Ya know, so ya don’t run me into a wall or anything like that.”

“You know I would never do that,” Lenni joked, jerking the chair some just to scare Felicia.

“Lenni!” Felicia squealed, holding onto the arm rests for dear life.

Lenni laughed before patting Felicia on the shoulder. “Sorry, it was just too tempting,” she said before going over to the wall to turn on the lights. But not before running into something.

“OW!” Lenni and a mystery voice yelled, soon followed by a loud thud, most likely Lenni hitting the floor.

Felicia couldn’t hold in her laugher. “That’s what you get for scaring me like that,” she said, not letting the group know she heard someone else yell.

Lenni rolled her eyes, not like it mattered though because Felicia couldn’t see her. Before heading to the wall one more time, she lightly kicked who she ran into. All of a sudden, the lights went on, revealing a room overdosed on streamers and balloons, all of Felicia’s friends around her, and AJ on the floor, holding his arm and glaring at Lenni.

“Heh…surprise?” Lenni said sheepishly.

Felicia laughed. “Aww…thanks guys.”

“No problem babe,” Nick said before going over to Felicia and kissing her softly.

“Awww.”

“How cute!”

“Get a room!---HEY! Now both my arms hurt!”

~*~*~

After a lot of laughs, a lot of food, and more bruises on AJ, the party guests had died down just to the five guys, Lenni, Leighanne, Kristin, and Denise.

“Man, it’s a good thing I have the tattoo’s to cover up the bruises,” AJ said, inspecting himself. “Management would NOT be happy with a beat up AJ.”

Felicia laughed. “well, if you just stayed hidden in the first place, you would be short one bruise.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever,” AJ rolled his eyes.

Felicia yawned and covered her mouth, hoping the others wouldn’t see she was tired. But nothing can get past a mom.

“Sweetie, I think we should head out now. You need to rest,” Denise said standing up.

“I’m not….tired,” Felicia said, having to pause to cover another yawn.

Denise chuckled and went over to hug Felicia. “Have a good night sweetie.”

Felicia sighed in defeat. “Night mom.”

As everyone was saying their goodbyes, AJ pulled Nick to the side. “Are you sure you don’t mind staying with her?”

“Of course not man, why would I mind?” Nick said. While they were decorating the house, the whole gang decided it would be best if Nick stayed with her until she was 100% better.

“I don’t know, I guess I’m just making sure. If she needs anything, call me,” AJ said.

“Man, you really are being a protective older brother,” Nick laughed. “We will be FINE. Now leave, before you stay too.”

AJ laughed. “Okay okay, I’m good as gone.” He went over to Felicia real fast to give her a hug. “Don’t keep Nick up all night, okay?” he joked softly.

Felicia hit him, again. “Alex!!” she laughed before kissing his cheek.

AJ laughed and rubbed his arm. “Okay, I’m gonna go before I need to go into traction. Have a good night you two,” he said before letting himself out.

“Finally, I thought he would never leave,” Nick laughed and sat down next to Felicia, wrapping an arm around her.

Felicia sighed and leaned her head against his shoulder. “You don’t have to stay if you don’t want to.”

“But I do want to,” he said, kissing her head. Felicia yawned. “Maybe I should get you upstairs.”

Felicia’s heart skipped a beat when he mentioned upstairs. She was freaked out about going back to her bedroom, but she didn’t want to let Nick know that. “Okay,” she said after a pause. She tried to stand up on her own, but quickly fell back into the chair.

Nick chuckled and kissed her softly. “I’ll carry you up there. And no, I don’t mind,” he added when he saw she was going to say something. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her to her room.

“Thank you,” she said softly, wraping her arms around his neck. As they made their way into her room, Felicia closed her eyes, thinking if she opened them Jono would be there, ready to attack again.

Nick sat down on her bed with her in his lap. “Are you okay sweetie?” he asked, seeing her eyes were closed and the look on her face.

“Is he here?” she asked, so soft Nick almost couldn’t hear her.

“Is who here?”

“Jono….” she said, opening her eyes.

Nick sighed. “No sweetie. Remember, he’s in jail.”

“He could of gotten out, and no one told us yet, and-“

Nick placed a finger on her lips. “Shhhh. He’s in jail, for good. He won’t ever bother you again. I won’t let him.”

Felicia nodded and hugged him tightly. “Stay with me?”

Nick nodded and returned the hug. “Of course.” He laid down with her, never letting go.

“I love you,” she mumbled, finally letting sleep take over her.

“I love you more,” Nick said kissing her softly, watching her sleep