- Text Size +
this one is fairly suspensful at the end. i would of gone on, but i wanted the suspense hehe, cant really do that with just ~*~*~

Chapter 40

A couple of weeks later, Nick was still staying with Felicia, helping her improve both physically and mentally. Felicia was pretty much able to walk around the whole house, she just needed there to be a chair nearby incase she tired quickly. Felicia’s mental state hasn’t improved too much though. She had nightmares nearly three times every night, so she didn’t get much sleep. And even though she knew Nick was just going to shower , she freaked out in her head when he left her alone, afraid that would be the moment Jono would break into her house again.

Today, Nick and Felicia were curled up together watching The Empire Strikes Back. When Hans Solo was being carbon freezed, he heard a sniffle coming from Felicia.

“Felicia? Are you okay?” Nick asked.

“Uh huh,” Felicia said, grabbing a tissue.

Nick realized Felicia why she was crying. “Felicia, it’s not that sad. You know he comes back in the next movie, right?”

Felicia nodded. “But it is sad! Leia is all alone now!” she explained, receiving a chuckle in return. “I’m a girl, be quite,” she said, hitting him playfully as Chewbaca made a sad noise. “Even he’s upset about it!”

Nick laughed and gave her a hug. “I love you so much.”

Felicia smiled softly and melted into the hug. “I love you too.” All of a sudden, the phone rang. “Stupid phone, interrupting my Star Wars,” she mumbled, not really wanting to get up.

Nick laughed and kissed her head before moving her so he could get up. “I’ll be right back.”

“Want me to pause it?”

“Naw, I’ve seen it already,”he said before going to the other room to pick up the phone. Felicia was to into the movie to notice how far away he was. “Hello?” he asked, leaning against the table.

“This is Detective Vinton, is Miss McLean there?”

Nick was surprised to hear him on the phone. The police haven’t talked to anyone since the trial. “Dectective Vinton, this is Nick Carter. Felicia is busy right now. Is something wrong?” he asked, lowering his voice in case Felicia could hear him.

Vinton took a deep breath before he spoke again. “Mr. Novak has escaped.”

“What?!?!?!” Nick nearly yelled, remembering to keep his voice down. The last thing I need is for Felicia to worry. “How…how could that happen?” He asked, pacing the kitchen.

“It appears that while he was being taken to the restroom, he over took the guard. He nearly killed him, and took his gun before he left,” he paused, worried how Nick might take the news, along with what he had to say next.

“Oh god,” Nick breathed. “There’s….there’s more, isn’t there?”

Vinton sighed. “Mr. Novak’s cell has been examined and his cellmate interviewed. He claimed that for the past two weeks, Mr. Novak has become emotionally unstable. He said he kept mentioning Miss McLean and yourself. And under his mattress, we found pieces of paper, describing how he was going to attack you both.

Nick looked at Felicia from the doorway, to make sure she was okay. “When did he escape?”

“Not long ago, but it has been enough time for us to examine the room. I am having a few officers come over to watch you both, and we contacted your management so they can send your bodyguard. That way there is a familiar face. Until they show up, lock all the doors, and don’t leave each other alone, okay?”

“Okay,” Nick said softly before hanging up, not wanting to discuss this anymore. He checked Felicia real quick before locking every single entry way into the house. On his way back down from her room, he heard glass shattering.

“AHHHHH!”