- Text Size +
yeah, think its been long enough? lol. just a filler chapter that starts to set some stuff up in future chapters. feedback is a must, and the song is nobodys home by avril lavigne. real life, not mine.

Chapter 42

~May 2001~

Since the Jono ‘saga’, Felicia has never been better. Mario was soon followed by the police officers that were promised to come. They called it self-defense, so Felicia never had charges brought against her. She hasn’t had a nightmare since the incident, and she’s not complaining. Especially because Nick has unofficially moved in with her, but he claims its because she knows how to do laundry better than him.

At this point in time, the boys are on their Black and Blue tour. Lenni was back as a dancer, and Felicia was back as a co-choreographer. However, one of the girls had mono, so Felicia is more of a dancer this time around.

Somewhere in the U.S., for unknown reasons, the gang has an off day, and Felicia managed to take out her guitar for once.

“That doesn’t sound right,” Felicia said as she erased what she just wrote before writing something else down and strumming her guitar again. “There we go,” she said before someone knocked on the door.

”Felicia? Are you in there?” Brian asked through the door.

“Yeah, hang on,” Felicia said. She finished writing something down before she went to let him in. “What’s up?”

“Um, did I leave my wallet in here?” Brian asked, both sheepishly and nervous, glancing around.

Felicia shrugged. “I don’t know. I mean, I didn’t look for it. Go ahead and look around though,” she said before returning to her bed and picking up her guitar once again.

While Felicia played around with whatever she was working on, Brian checked every inch of the room. “Phew! Found it!” Brian said, standing up from behind the chair with wallet in hand.

“Where was it?” Felicia asked not really paying attention, strumming her guitar. “Damnit,” she mumbled, not happy with the results and erased the work once more.

“Behind the chair. What was worth the ‘damnit’”? Brian asked, walking to her.

“Nothing,” she said absentmindedly, looking down at her paper.

“Uh huh,” Brian said and looked over her shoulder. “Doesn’t look like nothing.”

Felicia looked up suddenly, realizing he was looking at her work. “Promise you wont make fun of me?” she sighed, turning around so she could face him.

“I’ll always find something to make fun of you,” he joked. “But it wont be about this.”

“You know my journals? From when I was younger?”

“Who wouldn’t know about them.”

“Ha ha,” she said dryly. “Anyways….I thought I would try to make songs out of them.”

“Really?”

Felicia just gave him a look. “No, I made this all up just because I could,” she replied sarcastically.

“Okay okay,” he chuckled, holding his hands up. “No need to get an attitude.”

“Sorry. I think just working on it is getting to me. It just…I guess the chords just don’t sound right.”

“Let me see it,” Brian said. Felicia gave him the staff paper and looked down at the bed, afraid of what he would say.

“This is actually pretty good,” he said after a minute or two.

“Seriously?”

“Uh huh. The chord progressions look good, and so do the melodies, rhythms and all that other technical stuff. I think its just a matter of writing down the right chords.”

Felicia gave him a confused look. “I thought you said the chords were good.”

“What I meant to say, was that you have the right idea, but you wrote them down wrong on the staff paper.” When Felicia’s look didn’t change, he continued. “Here, let me show you.”

~*~*~

“I suspect…” Lenni said while looking at her cards. “That it was Mrs. Peacock, in the study, with the rope.”

“Are you sure this time?” Howie smirked as he picked up the black envelope from the middle of the board.

“Yes I’m sure. I mean really, who has ever heard of someone loosing “Clue” five times in a row because they kept predicting it wrong?”

“Actually….Aaron does it all the time,” Nick said, smiling cheekily.

“Just read the verdict Howie,” Lenni said, closing her eyes tight.

“It was Colonel Mustard, in the kitchen, with the lead pipe,” Howie announced proudly as Lenni sulked back.

“Damn. Well, at least we aren’t betting on this. I would be in debt to you two now.”

“Actually…” Howie smirked, “you might not of been betting on it, but we were,” he said before turning to Nick. “Pay up.”

“Well, that’s the last time I play board games with you two,” Lenni pouted as Nick handed Howie his money.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” Felicia asked as she followed Brian into the living room of the suite.

“Felicia, your boyfriend bet on me,” Lenni pouted.

“Hey! I lost, remember?” Nick chuckled and pulled Felicia down on his lap.

“Sorry Lenni. My theory, as long as he doesn’t HIT on you it doesn’t matter what he does,” Felicia said before kissing Nick quickly.

“Some best friend I have,” Lenni joked. “Anywhos…. what were you and Brian up to in there?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Lenni!” Felicia said before whacking her upside the head.

“For your information, we were working on a song,” Brian said, trying to ignore the bickering between the two girls.

“Lets hear it Brian,” Howie said, cleaning up the game board. “I think Lenni can use a break from losing.”

“Actually, it’s Felicia’s song.”

“You wrote a song?” Nick asked, causing Felicia and Lenni to stop fighting over something only they could fight about.

“Uh huh. Brian helped fix it up though,” Felicia said, leaning back into Nick.

“Well….go get your guitar girl! I wanna hear it,” Lenni said, laying down on the floor.

“You are so demanding Lenni,” Felicia laughed before getting up and going back to her room to get the guitar.

“So, where are Kevin and A.J.?” Brian asked.

“Kev went to call Kristin, again. And A.J? Who knows,” Nick sighed.

“He’s really been out there lately. Think everything’s okay with him?” Brian asked.

“He’s probably just in a really big mood,” Howie said.

Before they continued on their conversation of A.J., Felicia came back out with her guitar and the sheet music and sat down on the floor next to Nick.

“What, is my lap not comfortable enough now?” he joked.

“Nope, not at all,” Felicia replied, smilng cheekily.

“Come on, lets get on with it,” Lenni whined, getting antsy.

Felicia laughed. “Okay okay. Here goes nothing.” She took a big breath and held out her hand as if she was going to strum, but didn’t. “And I want you guys to be honest, okay?”

“We will,” Howie said.

“Okay….maybe I should wait to play it until Kevin and Alex get here…”

Nick chuckled. “Just play it sweetie.”

“Yeah, its good, just play it,” Brian said.

Felicia took another big breath. “Okay,” she said softly and started to play her song.

I couldn't tell you why she felt that way, She felt it everyday. And I couldn't help her, I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

What's wrong, what's wrong now? Too many, too many problems. Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs. She wants to go home, but nobody's home. It's where she lies, broken inside. With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes. Broken inside.

Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why. You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind. Be strong, be strong now. Too many, too many problems. Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs. She wants to go home, but nobody's home. It's where she lies, broken inside. With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes. Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides. Her dreams she can't find. She's losing her mind. She's fallen behind. She can't find her place. She's losing her faith. She's fallen from grace. She's all over the place. Yeah,oh

She wants to go home, but nobody's home. It's where she lies, broken inside. With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes. Broken inside.

She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah

Once she finished, she looked up, expecting the worse, even though Brian said it was good when they were working on it.

“Wow….”Nick said, in shock.

“Yeah….”Howie said the same way.

Felicia looked over at Lenni, hoping to get a clearer response. “Lenni?” she asked hopefully.

“THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!”

Felicia blushed and took off the guitar. “Thanks, even though I don’t think it’s THAT good.”

“But it is,”Nick said before pulling her back into his lap. “Some of us just know how to control ourselves.”

“Felicia, you better keep your boyfriend quiet,” Lenni threatened playfully.

“Don’t worry, I will,” she said before kissing him gently.

if you read it, please please please review :)