- Text Size +
here is a short chapter :D

Chapter 46

~March 2002~

It was a few months later, and all of the couples are doing well. Nick was writing for his solo album, AJ was writing for a future Backstreet album and staying sober, Felicia was writing her own music, though she didn’t intend on recording it anytime soon,and Lenni opened a dance studio. The other boys were enjoying their time off, spending it with their families, and writing for a future Backstreet album as well.

It was such a nice day out that Nick, Felicia, AJ, and Lenni decided to go to the beach. While the girls were making sand castles and sand turtle familes, AJ and Nick were sitting with their feet in the water, just watching what was going on out there.

“How’s the album coming along?” AJ asked.

“It’s good. A lot of good producers. Doesn’t really sound like anything we do, but in a good way. It’s just something I need to do, you know?”

AJ nodded. “Yeah, I don’t blame you.”

After a few moments of silence, Nick spoke up again. “Hey AJ, can I ask you something, seriously?”

“I don’t know, are you physically able to be serious?” AJ joked.

“Ha ha, very funny,” Nick rolled his eyes. “Really man, this is sort of important.”

“Is something wrong?” AJ asked, his mood turning serious as he turned to face Nick.

“No, well, I hope not,” Nick sighed. “I’ve known Felicia for nine years now-“

“I know, except for Lenni and the other girls, all of us have,” AJ laughed, but soon shut up when he saw Nicks look. “Shutting up now.”

“Thanks,” Nick rolled his eyes before continuing. “Anyways, well, I’ve loved her for that long as well, even though nothing happened with us. And I guess…well, I don’t know why I feel as if I need your permission, and I don’t know when ill ask her, but um, is….Is it okay if I ask her to marry me?”

“WHAT?!” AJ nearly yelled, but not catching the attention of the girls. “Frack! Shes only 20!!!” he added, being the protective older brother he is.

Nick winced. “I know, I know. That’s why I’m saying I don’t know when I’ll ask her , or even if we get engaged, when we will have a wedding. For all we know it will be a 7 year engagement. I just want your permission, that’s all. Right now, all I have is a promise ring to give to her, and when the time is right, I’ll propose. I just want that option available, you know? And since you are her brother, I just think I should ask you if its okay.”

AJ breathed a sigh of relief. Thank god, she is just way too young. “You have my permission bro, as long as you wait a couple of years to get married. Like, when shes 30,” he half joked.

Nick laughed. “I’ll try,” he said and turned serious again. “Thanks man.”

AJ just smiled at him before looking at the ocean again. But soon after his head, as well as Nick’s, had sand dumped on it. The boys looked at each other before turning around, being met with two very guilty looking girls.

“Lenni! It’s going to take forever to get the sand out!” AJ whined, trying to get some out right now.

“So?” Lenni smirked. Before she could react, AJ stood up, picked her up, and carried her into the ocean, throwing her into a big wave.

Felicia laughed at the couple, but soon the laughter turned into a squeal as Nick did the same thing to her.

~*~*~

“That was so much fun,” Felicia smiled as she and Nick walked back into her house.

“Yup, what were those turtles names again?” Nick asked, still dusting some sand off.

“Squirt and Dude,” Felicia giggled, then grabbed Nicks hand. “I just vacuumed yesterday, don’t get the carpet dirty again.”

“You should hire a housekeeper,” nick sighed, picking her up and sitting on the couch with her in his lap.

“Nick, I don’t need a housekeeper,” Felicia said, holding onto him. “I am perfectly capable of taking care of my own house, isn’t that right Bagel,” she cooed as Bagel jumped onto the couch and onto her lap, receiving a belly rub.

“I know I know,” nick smiled, kissing her cheek. “Sweetie, I have something to give you.”

“you do? But nick, my birthday isn’t for…a month!” Felicia giggled as Nick moved her off of him, and went to go get it.

“I know, can’t a guy get his favorite girl in the whole universe a present?” he smirked, pulling the box out of a desk drawer.

“I guess so,” Felicia blushed, scooting over so Nick could sit back down.

“You’re cute when you blush,” Nick smiled as he kissed her cheek, wraping one arm around her and holding a tight grip on the small blue box.

“What’s in it?” Felicia asked, looking down.

“Well, um. I don’t really know what I should say, so just open it and you’ll see what it is,” he smiled nervously as he handed it over.

Felicia kissed his cheek before opening the small box, gasping at the sight. There was a small, two tone ring with a diamond flower on top. “It’s beautiful,” she whispered, her voice seeming to have gone.

“It’s a promise ring for you. So you know you will always be the only one for me, forever,” Nick said.

Felicia turned to him and kissed him passionately. A few moments later, she finally pulled back.

“Whoa…” Nick said, catching his breath.

Felicia giggled. “I get you everytime,” she said softly, resting her head on his shoulder, looking at the ring.

Nick smiled, took the ring and put it on her right ring finger. “And you will forever.”