- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am SO sorry for the delay with these chapters! This was the first time in quite some time that I had been able to write (no work, no school) and i wanted to get this chapter out before i got busy again. i am already working on the next chapter and i hope to get it out by this weekend, so be on the lookout for that :)

P.S....dont kill me!
Chapter 50

~December 2004~

While the boys were recording their next album, Felicia had been convinced by Howie to sign under his own label. Although every day she doubts herself, the boys try to convince her she will be a hit. The gang was planning on celebrating Christmas in Kentucky at Brian’s house so those who remember snow can experience it again, however Felicia and Howie would be coming up just in time for Christmas Eve dinner.

“I really wish you could come up with me now”, Nick said as he held onto Felicia’s waist outside the airport.

“I know, I do to. But this was the only studio time Howie was able to get for me, and I really want to make progress on the album,” Felicia said and went on her toes to give Nick a quick kiss. “I promise I will be up there soon.”

“But how am I going to last without your latkes?” Nick pouted. “That’s my favorite part about Christmas now, is the un-Christmas food.”

Felicia smirked. “Are you sure it isn’t the mistletoe?”

“Well, that too.... but you know Baylee loves your latkes too. How am I going to tell him he is going to have to wait for his Aunt Fishy’s latkes?”

She just gave him a look. “He’s a two year old; I think he can be distracted enough for two days. You on the other hand? Boy, Brian is going to have his hands full with all the kids running around,” she joked.

“Hardee har har. You are oh so funny,” Nick just shook his head and kissed her lips. “Call me once you guys are on the plane, alright?”

“Of course I will. I love you,” Felicia smiled and gave him one more peck on the lips.

Not to be out done, Nick gave her one more tender kiss. “I love you more,” he said as he headed into the airport.

~*~*~

“Please remain seated until the aircraft has made a complete stop at the terminal. We would like to thank you for flying with Continental Airlines today, and from our family to yours, have a very merry Christmas and a happy holidays.”

“Thank god,” Felicia mumbled. Once the plane had stopped she and Howie grabbed their carry-ons from the overhead as soon as possible and booked it off the airplane, although Felicia seemed to be very out of it. Last night she had a terrible nightmare; she couldn’t remember it at all, just that it was terrible. She wasn’t able to go back to sleep from being scared, and she didn’t have anyone to comfort her once it happened, so she had been both tired and scared the entire day. Her last session in the studio today took longer than both she and Howie anticipated, and once they were at the airport in Orlando they found out that their flight was a bit delayed. The only good that came out of that was her buying a cute bunny stuffed animal for Baylee. She looked up ahead of her and saw Howie was waiting for her patiently by the entrance to the waiting area with a look of concern on his face. “What?”

Howie just shook his head. “Nothing, just worried about you. You were zoning as you were walking.”

“I’m fine, really. Now lets just make it past all these people and eat some yummy food,” she managed a small smile and walked through the entryway, keeping her head down and making sure she and Howie did not get separated. Thank god these people aren’t the fans, no way would we have made it out together if they were waiting for him. Once they made it through and the crowd converged on their loved ones leaving the plane, she took out her cell phone and called Nick as Howie led them to the rental car place.

“Hey baby,” Nick’s voice rang out through the phone. “Where are you right now?”

“We just landed, we are getting the car as we speak” Felicia said. Howie took the keys after filling out the proper paperwork and led Felicia out to the car. “I miss you so much,” she said, starting to get choked up, her emotions from the entire day finally catching up with her.

That worried Nick. “You okay? You sound like your going to cry.”

“Yeah, I’m okay,” Felicia said, taking a deep breath. I am not going to break down in public. “It’s just been a very long day. I’ll tell you about it later.”

“Dat Fishy?!” A teeny voice rang out in the background.

Felicia managed a chuckle as Nick tried to keep Baylee from the phone, wanting his own private time. “Someone wants to say hi to you,” Nick grumbled playfully.

“Well put him on then,” Felicia chuckled. “I love you Nick,” she said as she put her bags in the backseat and got in the front seat herself, thankful that the rental cars were kept in a garage and she didn’t need to get her snow gear out.

“I love you more,” Nick replied. “Baylee, don’t go throwing my phone around this time,” he told Baylee, his voice more distant than before.

“Hi Auntie Fishy!” Baylee squealed, Nicks yelling becoming more distant as Baylee ran about the house.

Felicia giggled. His energy is infectious! “Hey there Baylee. How is my most favorite Backstreet Boy doing?”

“Goods!” Baylee giggled back. “When’s you gets here? Wans watkes!”

“Probably... a half hour. Have you been good for your daddy and mommy?”

“Uh huhs! Weally goods!”

“That is very good Baylee. Cause I got you a present and only good little boys get presents.”

Baylee squealed even louder than before, making Felicia hold the phone even farther away than before. “Yays!......Unca Owie dere too?”

Felicia laughed. “Uh huh, he’s driving.”

“Hiya Bayster!” Howie called out.

“Hiiiiiiiiiiii!” Baylee called out. “Uts ohs...Unca Nicky chase me....BYE!” And with that the conversation was over.

Felicia and Howie burst out laughing as she closed the phone. “I wonder if Brian was ever like that when he was a kid,” Felicia commented as she turned on the radio.

“Probably was,” Howie said as they talked and listened to the radio.

~*~*~

45 Minutes Later...

Nick sat sulking at the window, as Baylee had once again thrown his phone, this time into the toilet. He just wanted to call Felicia to hear her voice, needing the confidence to talk to her. He took out the box and looked at the ring. You can do this. You already have A.J.’s permission, you know she will say yes, you can do it. Every time he thought he heard a car he looked up but was disappointed each time when it went past the house.

Brian came in carrying a subdued Baylee. “Someone here has something he wants to say,” he said as he sat down on the couch next to Nick.

“I’s sowies,” Baylee mumbled. “Didn’ts means to phow da phone in da potty.” Baylee stood up and hugged Nick and gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

Nick chuckled and hugged him back not being able to stay mad at the boy for too long, and still holding the box. “It’s okay Baylee. I’ll just get another one soon.”

“What dat?” Baylee asked as he took the box out of Nicks hand, not able to open it though.

“Is that what I think it is?” Brian asked with a small smirk.

Nick smiled and nodded, and took the box away from Baylee as soon as he started to shake it. “I’ll show you what’s inside Baylee if you promise to not tell your Aunt Fishy about it. It’s my Christmas present to her.” When Baylee covered his mouth and nodded, Nick opened up the box to show a ring, similar to the promise ring but different enough to show what it really was. “I’m going to ask your Aunt Fishy to marry me.”

“Ooooo.......shiny....” Baylee said in awe as he reached for it, but Nick was fast enough and closed up the box.

“Do you think she will like it?” Nick asked Brian nervously.

“Uh huhs!” Baylee answered for his dad.

Brian laughed. “What he said. Are you sure your both ready for it though?”

“I’m positive. And this is just an engagement. Whenever she is ready to get married, I’ll be ready. I already know we will spend the rest of our lives together, I just want to make it official,” Nick said, glowing the whole time as he spoke.

Brian had to smile. His little buddy, his Frack, was turning into a mature guy. “They grow up so fast,” he joked, wiping a fake tear away.

Two could play at that game. “I know. You better watch out Frick, in a few years Baylee will be taller than you.”

“Ha ha ha. When we play basketball I still wipe you’re a-“

“Guys?” Lenni called out softly from the doorway.

“Yeah?”

“There was an accident...”

“An accident?” Nick repeated as he raised an eyebrow, then noticing tears running down her face as well as the commotion from the other room.

Lenni just nodded and rubbed her arms. “Felicia and Howie are in the hospital.”