- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I know, VERY long time no update :( I am VERY sorry about that. If it helps any, i have a few chapters written, two more to be exact. I plan on posting those next week as i write more, but i cant write any more this week because i still have school til friday. So hopefully this can tide you over :)
Chapter 52

“It’s so peaceful out here,” Felicia said softly as she put down her camera so it rested around her neck. She decided to take a day trip by herself into the woods to relax and take pictures of nature.

After a few moments of taking in the beauty around her without the camera, she got up from the tree stump and made her way back to her horse.

“You’re such a good girl Penny,” Felicia said and kissed the top of her head. She mounted Penny as they made their way back onto the trail. As the duo made their way through the woods, Felicia spotted a cliff overlooking more mountains and trees. She pulled back on the reigns to stop Penny and started taking pictures. After taking enough pictures from that point of view, she turned Penny around to take pictures of the forest behind her when Penny started to act up.

“Whoa! Calm down girl! What’s wro-“ Felicia was cut off as she heard the growl of a black bear that was only ten feet away. Felicia looked at the bear wide eyed as the bear made its way forward, pushing Penny and Felicia closer to the edge.

“It’s okay girl, stay calm,” Felicia whispered, patting Penny’s side. The bear stood up and gave an echoing growl, causing Penny to rear back. Felicia held onto the reigns tight but for some reason they were too weak and snapped.

“AHHH!” Felicia screamed as she slid down the cliff, thanking god that it was at a small angle outward. She kept trying to reach for some sort of branch or rock to grab onto, but instead started rolling down the rest of the way. Finally she came to a stop, however she hit her head against a rock as thunder sounded off in the distance and the sun was going down.

~*~*~

Felicia winced as she finally woke up. “Ow…” she said as she held her head and her stomach. She looked around to see her surroundings and saw the rock she landed against, along with her now broken camera and the ripped strap. “Just great…” she trailed off as she noticed the rain coming down harder and the sun disappearing completely. She looked around one more time and noticed a cave that wasn’t there before. “That better not be Mr. Bear’s home,” she said as she made her way into the cave, trying her best not to trip over rocks.

“I need some light, otherwise I might kill myself in here,” she said as she reached a wall with her hand and used that to lead her through the twists and turns of the cave. Soon she saw a small light in front of her but far away. “Maybe someone else is in here,” she said to herself as she continued down the cave, realizing she was very cold.

As she made her way closer she noticed that there was a little girl sitting in front of a fire pit, however instead of a normal orange glow that a fire usually is, it was pure white. “Strange…”, she said then got even closer to the girl, who even from behind didn’t look any older than seven years old. “Are you okay little girl?” Felicia asked and sat next to her, but wasn’t able to see her face because the girl had her head down on her knees.

“I’m okay Felicia,” the girl said, not moving her head.

Felicia scooted away some, almost scared that this girl knew who she was. “How did you know my name?”

“Geeze, I’m only gone for thirteen years and you don’t even recognize my voice,” the girl said and looked up, giving Felicia a sad smile while Felicia gasped.

“Erica?”

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”