- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I got it done in time! :) I will warn you all. Next week is my week of presentations (and my 21st, woot woot!), and the week after that is finals. After that it is summer vacation and unless a miracle happens, I will be free all summer, which is very good for you all :). Not that its not good for me, I just want an internship. I will have a job where I do nothing and get paid for it (my job at the library right now), and i will be able to write while at work so long as its not a busy day, but yeah. So thats the scoop. I don't want to promise you all a chapter in two weeks and not have it done in time when I should be studying or packing, so it will be updated in two-three weeks. Enjoy! Oh. And the song is "Holding On" by Avril Lavinge. I included it in a different way than past chapters. Hope you like it!
Chapter 56

You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in

~*~*~

Nothing. That’s all Felicia saw when she opened her eyes. Absolutely nothing. “Why aren’t I awake?” Felicia asked herself as she attempted to walk forward, but she couldn’t tell how far she was walking. “I should be back with everyone now, this isn’t right.”

“How is she?” Felicia heard a strange voice say out of nowhere.

“Hello?” she called out loud and walked towards the voice. “Anyone there?” But with every step she took, the more pain and agony she felt. But she kept pushing on, hoping to reach those who were talking, and find out who they were. “I need help getting back to my family!”

“---nothing has really happened,” said another muffled voice.

“Can’t anyone hear me?!” Felicia cried out and fell to the ground, clutching her stomach. “Please….help…” she whispered as she closed her eyes, trying to get away from the pain.

~*~*~

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

~*~*~

“How is she?” Nick asked as he led Kevin, Lenni, and A.J. back into the room and immediately sat next to Brian.

“She hasn’t stopped squeezing my hand,” Brian said and replaced his own with Nick’s. “It looks like her eyes are moving, and her color looks better, but other than that nothing has really happened.”

“Hey Felicia,” A.J. said as he sat across from Brian and Nick. “Time to wake up now. I mean, we know you like to sleep, but don’t you think you are taking this too far?” he joked, hoping she could hear him and yell at him to be quiet like she used to when she was a teenager.

Lenni sat down next to A.J. and kept a hand on his leg as Kevin pulled over another chair next to Howie. Nick held onto Felicia’s hand, kissing it every so often as she squeezed his hand, but frowned when her steady rhythm started to become erratic and weaker at the same time.

“What’s wrong?” Lenni asked, noticing the concern on his face.

“She’s not squeezing my hand as hard,” he said softly and looked at her face as she started to struggle against the oxygen mask. “Something is definitely wrong…”

“I’m paging a nurse,” Kevin said as he pressed the button next to Howie’s bed.

Nick looked up at her heart monitor and noticed her heart rate was as erratic as her hand, as if she was having a seizure. He moved closer to the head of the bed and kneeled next to it, stroking her hair back as he whispered into her ear, at the same time that the nurse was trying to evacuate the room.

~*~*~

So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah

~*~*~

Felicia woke up and looked around, noticing she was in a dark cave. “How did I get here from the recording studio?” she asked herself

The only light she saw was coming from a corner. She walked towards it and once close enough, she noticed it was a fire pit of pure white light, right next to a wooden door.

“Why is there a door in here?” she asked to herself and put a hand to her head as it started to pound. “And why am I getting weird déjà vu?”

“Time to wake up now,” a slightly gruff voice called out of nowhere.

“What…Alex?” Felicia called out and started turning in circles, trying to find him. “Alex! Where are you?” Hearing him out of nowhere and not knowing how she ended up in the cave made her panic and hyperventilate.

“---Definitely wrong,” a different voice said.

“Nicky?” Felicia asked softly, feeling weaker and colder, needing to lay down close to the fire pit.

“Come on babe. I miss you so much, you can’t leave me. It's not your time yet,” Nick said again, this time in a teary, hushed, and hurried tone as he feared the worst. “Please wake up.”

"Not my time yet," Felicia repeated softly, feeling renewed strength when Nick said that. She stood up, having a gut feeling that the fire was not as good as it looked, walked over to the door and opened it. She stood face to face a serene setting; what looked like the stars at night with the Northern Lights all around.

“Here goes nothing,” she said as she stepped into the starry abyss.

~*~*~

Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

~*~*~

“Nick,” the nurse softly said to Nick, as she was on a first name basis with Howie and Felicia’s visitors, “you are going to need go with the others in the hallway, for Felicia’s well being.”

Nick ignored her and continued to brush Felicia’s hair back, willing her to become stable, if not wake up.

The nurse looked back at Kevin who was standing in the doorway, silently asking him to help Nick out of the room as some residents filed in to take care of Felicia.

Kevin rushed to Nick’s side and put a hand on his back. “Come on, we need to leave. We will just stay outside the room, don’t worry.”

Before Nick could attempt a reply, Felicia’s eyes started to flutter open. Nick saw this and stood his ground even more. “Look, she’s waking up,” he said excitedly and took her hand into both of his and kissed it every so often. “Wake up baby, I know you can do it. Just listen to my voice.”

Finally, Felicia’s eyes opened. They were barely open, but open nonetheless. “Nicky,” she breathed, barely any noise coming out of her mouth.

“I’m right here,” Nick smiled and brushed her hair back again. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“Sir,” a resident addressed Nick. “You do need to leave, so we can check her over.”

“No,” Felicia whimpered as her pulse jumped and she held onto Nick’s hand tighter.

Kevin noticed Felicia’s reaction and went to the head resident of the group to explain why Nick should stay with her.

Nick continued to soothe Felicia as the residents and nurses checked on her. Even though the hospital staff was still concerned for her health, he knew that everything was going to be alright.

~*~*~

There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through