- Text Size +
A.N.: Yes, I got this idea from Felicia. So, sue me. Lol. Enjoy! Disclaimer: Own myself & the Mini Putt idea - Felicia really owns the story idea - kinda. Jen, & Jacquie own themselves. Oh, & I own the Backstreet Boys. Muah hahahahaha! *evil laughter* Nah, just playin' yah. Like always, they own themselves. Thank-you. Note: Everything, except it being September & six days until my concert & about the Boys showing up, is based on actual reality - though, I think the Mini Putt actually closes Labour Day weekend & not after-lol.

It was a cool September night, yet three friends were still out Mini Putting. Others were out Mini Putting too, as the season would very soon be over for the year, and not open again unti lthe following May.

"I'm last on hole 19!" Lenore called out. She was 5'2", with hazel eyes, and shoulder length dark brown hair with blondish streaks.

"You're always last on hole 19," Jen pointed out. She was about 5'3"-5'4", and had light brownish blond hair and brown eyes.

Jacquie giggled. She was about 4'9" and had dark brown, almost black hair at the moment - her hair was normally a blondish colour, but she'd dyed it. She also had brown eyes.

"Duh!" Lenore exclaimed with a laugh. "I don't like going first on it."

"You just like watching the balls go around," Jen accused jokingly.

"Damned straight!" Lenore grinned. "The more they go 'round, the better!"

Jacquie just laughed again.

"Whose first?" Lenore asked.

"Jack," Jen answered, writing their names on the score card. "Then me, and then you. Youngest to oldest."

"I'm not THAT old!" Lenore argued. "Just a month."

"Old enough," Jen teased.

"Shaddup!" Lenore replied. "Go Jack!"

Jacquie set her ball down and hit it down the green.

"We playin' by the rules?" Lenore asked, as Jen putted hers.

"Yep," Jen answered, going to stand down by the hole while Lenore took her shot.

"Alright," Lenore replied, taking her shot. She then proceeded to chase her ball down the green. "GO! GO! GO IN, DAMMIT!"

Jacquie laughed and Jen smiled.

"Whose closer?" Jacquie asked, once Lenore's ball had stopped.

"Jen," Lenore answered. "Go Jen! Go Jen!" She started to do a lil' victory dance with her golf club. "Go Jen! Go Jen! Go! Go!"

Jacquie laughed yet again. "You're so silly."

"I know," Lenore smirked.

They played a couple more holes, before getting to hole number five - the second real difficult one. The first difficult one, was hole number two.

"Man! I HATE this hole!" Lenore whined.

"Just mark me down as a six," Jacquie stated.

"No," Jen answered. "Not until you've used your five turns."

Jacquie sighed. "Oh, alright."

"Go Jacquie! Go Jacuie! It's your birthday! Go Jacquie!" Lenore sang, dancing with her golf club again. She could hear the group of people behind them chuckle.

"Lenore, you're making people look!" Jacquie laughed.

"So what" Lenore shrugged. "I'm havin' fun, that's all that matters. They don't like it, they can kiss my ass."

"So, when is the concert again?" Jen asked out of the blue.

Lenore's whole face suddenly lit up - which didn't go unnoticed by the people behind her and her friends.

"The twelfth!" She answered excitedly. "I'm gonna see my Boys again!" She gave a slgiht squeal.

"Don't forget to get a picture of Nick," Jacquie reminded her, as Jen took her turn. "I never got one when we went."

"I'll try," Lenore said, giving a slight laugh. "But I can't promise anything. I don't wanan spend all my time taking pictures, 'cause then I can't truly enjoy it. And God help ANYone who even THINKS of trying to confiscate my damned cameras!"

Jacquie and Jen both laughed.

"I can see you chasing them for the camera," Jen smirked.

"Damned straight!" Lenore exclaimed, as she putted her ball. "Dammit! Go IN the hole! NOT around it! Stupid piece of shit!"

Again, the people behind them chuckled softly.

Lenore glanced back at them, and watched them play a moment while her friends took their turns. "Yanno, I'm startin' to think those guys are listenin' to use, more than they're playing."

"Why do yah say that?" Jacquie asked.

"'Cause the one guy's just standing there holding his ball," Lenore answered.

Jen started to laugh. "Sure he's not holding both?"

"Eew!" Lenore shrieked playfully. "Gross! Like I'd need to see that! Or want too, for that matter. Just - yick!"

Jacquie made a face, and picked her ball up. "Next hole!"

Lenore started to laugh. "No comment."

"Okay, you guys are sick!" Jacquie stated, walking over to the next putting green.

"Thank-you!" Lenore said, giving a lil' bow.

Jen laughed, and took her turn after Jacquie. "See? This is why just the three of us come. We can have a good time and laugh."

"And I'm nuts!" Lenore laughed. She putted, and chased her ball again. "Go in! Go in! GO IN!" She watched as her ball went in. "YESSS!!!" She cheered loudly, causing people to look. "SWEET!!! HOLW IN ONE!!!"

Jacquie shook her head, laughing, as Lenore did a lil' dance.

Jen marked her score down. "Lenore one, us...?"

"Two," Jacquie answered, after putting.

Jen took her turn and marked two for herself as well.

"Dude! Six days until my concert!" Lenore exclaimed suddenly. "Sweet! I'ma see Brian again!"

Once more, the guys behind them chuckled.

"Okay, is it just me, or are they LAUGHING at me?" Lenore stressed. "I swear everytime I mention BSB or freak, they LAUGH!"

"Maybe they just think you're silly?" Jacquie suggested.

"Maybe they're checking you out," Jen shrugged.

"Why the Hell would they check me out? I'm just a Backstreet Bitch, remember?" Lenore countered. "The one who supposedly compares guys to Brian - when I DON'T!"

"Chill," Jen said. "Forget them and play."

"You think you'll be able to get your Mom to stand out back the Corel Centre all day?" Jacquie queried.

"Sure as Hell hope so," Lenore replied. "I'ma DIE if I find out people out back met them - or at LEAST saw 'em - an' I didn't! I'd be SO mad!"

"You will," Jacquie told her. "Just think positive."

"If I thought anymore positive, they'd be here Mini Putting with us," Lenore rejoined sarcastically.

The guys behind them smirked at one another, as one stifled a chuckle.

Lenore finally turned to look at the guys behind them. "QUIT laughing at me already! Yah gonna eaves drop, do a damned better job at it!"

"Sorry, we'll try," one replied.

Lenore froze a moment, while her friends continued to try and get their balls in the hole. There was something familliar about that voice.

"Lenore!" Jen called. "C'mon! It's your turn!"

Lenore frowned, and took her turn, then went on to the next hole. She frowned still, as her friends attempted to get their balls anywhere close to the hole. She looked back at the guys behind them again, the sound of the one's voice nagging at her.

"Lenore! We need some help here!"

Lenore turned and looked to where her friends stood, trying to get the ball out from under the tube thing it was wedged under. She rolled her eyes. "Dorks. Thought only I got in jammed under there." She giggled then. "I bet Nick would get his jammed in there so bad, Kevin would hafta get it out for him."

"Why Kevin?" Jen asked, as al lthree girls tried to get the ball.

"'Cause Kevin's the strong one," Lenore answered simply. "He's, like, Superman or something."

"Don't you mean whatever his action figure was?" Jen asked.

"Power Lord," Lenore answered. "Power Lord is extremely strong - hence why Kevin would hafta get Nick's ball."

Jen made a face, which Lenore immediately noticed.

"Eew! No! Gross! Kevin's married, man!" Lenore cried. "That's just - Eew!"

"What if it was Brian and Nick?" Jen smirked.

Lenore thought a moment. "Eh," she shrugged, then grinned. "Now, Brian and A.J. on the other hand...Oh, Hell yeah!"

Jacquie laughed, as she shook her head. "Only you Lenore, only you."

The guys behind them all eyed one another a moment, some of them coughing slightly.

Lenore smirked back at them. "Problem?" She asked.

They all shook their heads.

"Good. Don't care," Lenore answered. "My Boys are more important anyway."

"Your turn," Jen piped up.

Lenore started to sing, as she lined her ball up with the thing it had to go through. "I try, to go on like I never knew you. I'm awake, when my world is half asleep. I pray, for this heart to be unbroken. But without you all I'm going to be is, incomplete."

The guys behind them looked up, and smiled. They had figured her to be the type to just suddenly burst into song for no reason at all - whether she was a great singer or not - though, she wasn't too, too bad.

Jacquie giggled. "You're so silly!"

Lenore shrugged. "I'm excited! Six days, man! Just - dude!"

"Just putt, will yah?" Jen told her. "Then sing."

Lenore putted, and groaned when her ball got stuck. "Dammit! It was s'pose to go through!" She retrieved her ball and tried again. This time it went flying over into the grass, instead of staying on the putting green.

"Nice shot," one guy behind them piped up.

Lenore grabbed her ball up and turned to glare at him. "Oh, you think you could do better?"

"Yep," the guy answered, then took his shot.

Lenore just barely managed to duck as the ball went flying towards her head. "DUDE! He's tryin' to KILL me with the damned ball!" She yelled out.

The guy looked sheepish, though his eyes were hidden by his shades, and his face was kind of dark because of his hat. "Sorry," he apologized. "But nice job of ducking."

Lenore glared at him. "Move! I'm going to get this damned ball through - BEFORE you!" She ignored the fact, that once again, the voice sounded familliar - this one different than the last one though.

"Whoo-hoo! You did it!" Jacquie cheered, as Lenore's ball rolled through, and stopped near the hole. "Go Lenore! It's your birthday! Go Lenore!"

Lenore rolled her eyes, then turned and smirked at the guys watching her play. "Told yah, dickwad."

The one tall guy snickered. "Dickwad."

Lenore frowned once more. Again the voice sounded familliar - was she losing her mind? Or did these guys sound like the Backstreet Boys? "No way," she muttered aloud quietly.

"Problem?" The tall guy, who'd snickered, asked.

Lenore shook her head slightly, still staring at them. "No. Just thinking..."

"Lenore! Quit thinking about Brian naked, and get over here and putt!" Jen called out then.

"I wasn't thinking about him naked! Hello! He's married! If I'm gonig to think of anyone, it'd be A.J.!"

"What about Nick?" Jacquie questioned.

"And Nick," Lenore confirmed. "Love Howie - but - just - yick. He's too old for me. Though, still VERY hot!"

"Yick," the tall blond guy snickered.

Lenore turned on the guy. "Yes, Yick! Alright?" She demanded. "God! You're driving me NUTS!"

"Lenore! C'mon!" Jen called. "Ignore them and play!"

Lenore muttered to herself, trying to calm down. "Tell me why, I'm really annoyed. Tell me why, I wanna kill that boy. Tell me why, I never wanna hear you say, I'm being followed today."

The other tall guy chuckled, earning himself a glare from the one they were following. Him and his friends weren't even really Mini Putting anymore - they were just basically following the girls around, listening to them.

"Hey, how old are y'all?" One guy called out.

"How old do yah think?" Lenore snapped.

"Er - sixteen?" He answered.

Lenore snorted. "Nope! Twenty-one, dumbass!"

"Oh," he replied. "Sorry?"

Lenore shrugged. "How were you to know? Usually I get fourteen, THEY get sixteen," she told him, nodding at her friends. "Hell, my sister gets twenty-three, and she's only seventeen. Damn her for being tall. Anyway, we're twenty-one - and single." She smirked at them, and wriggled her eyebrows jokingly.

The guys laughed, and shook their heads. "You're a nut."

"Thanks," Lenore grinned, then turned to her friends. "My turn again?"

"Yes!" Jen exclaimed. "Quit flrting and putt!"

"I'm NOT flirting! I'm arguing!" Lenore protested. "Wouldn't know HOW to flirt if it bit me in the ass."

The one guy chuckled, as the others smirked.

"WHAT!?!?!" Lenore exclaimed, then turned and chased her ball. "GO IN!!!"

"Nothing. We're just amused, is all," a different guy stated.

Lenore's head shot up, her eyes wide. She slowly turned to look at the guys once more. "Brian?" She managed to squeak out.

"Lenore! They're NOT the Backstreet Boys!" Jen replicated, before any of the guys had a chance to speak.

Lenore just waved for her friend to shut-up, as she eyed the guys carefully. She scrutinized each one, then let her eyes land on the one she loved most. "It is you," she accused just above a whisper. "Oh, God..."

Jacquie looked at Jen confused. "Lenore? Are you alright?"

Lenore squealed then, as she began to jump. "Dude! It's them! It's them! It's them!"

"It's who?" Jacquie asked, even more confused than before.

"Just - Dude!" Lenore squealed again. "THEM! 'MY' BOYS!"

Jacquie's mouth dropped open. "No way!"

"Really?" Jen queried. "You mean to tell me, you've been screaming at them all this time, and it's THEM?"

Lenore stopped jumping then, and smacked herself in the head. "Stupid!"

"Hey, we never confirmed it!" The tall blond protested.

"Shut up, Nick," Lenore replied,moving her hand away from her head some. She then started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" The one who'd almost hit her in the head with the ball asked.

"I always said I'd treat Nick normal," Lenore giggled. She then sobered a moment and looked at him. "And YOU almost hit me in the head with your ball..." She moved closer. "A.J."

The guy smirked. "Not my fault you were in the way."

"Bone! You just gave us away!"

Lenore giggled. "No, actually, Nick, you just did. Hehe."

"Way to go, Kaos," Kevin riposted dryly.

Howie smacked Nick upside the head playfully.

"Ow!" Nick exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head.

Lenore snickered.

Jen and Jacquie came over to them then. "Um...we'd better start putting, before people get mad because they can't play."

Lenore looked behind the guys at the people waiting to play. "PASS US!" She called out. "HAVIN' A FREAK ATTACK!"

People looked at her weird, but went on by as suggested. This was, of course, after the group of eight had move out of the way, so the other golfers could pass by.

"So, Brian gave us away, huh?" Kevin interrogated.

Lenore giggled and nodded. "Yep! I'd know his voice ANYwhere!"

"Damn you for talking, Rok. We could've spied a little longer," A.J. teased, smacking Brian playfully.

"She does too," Jen put in. "She knows you guys too well - she's too obsessed."

"So, you guys heard everything?" Jacquie asked, as the Boys nodded.

Lenore groaned then. "Great. Yah heard my Backstreet Bitch complaint."

The Boys shrugged. "Sorry?"

Lenore shrugged in return. "Meh."

"Meh?" Nick repeated.

"Means, 'oh, well' or 'whatever'," Lenore answered. "Learn the english language, Carter."

Howie smiled. "See we're not the only ones who like to pick on Nicky."

"Not shit, Sherlock!" Lenore replied, not thinking.

"Dig deeper, Watson," A.J. added.

"Digging," Lenore rejoined, then looked up. "Uh, yeah..."

"So, you like the new album?" Nick asked eagerly.

"No, I just carry it all around the house with me for nothing," Lenore said sarcastically.

"Well, we know she at least likes the case," Brian piped up.

Lenore smiled. "The CD's in it, unless I put it in a stereo - then it's blared practically full blast. Just - don't tell my Mom that. More lectures on how I could blow the speakers." She rolled her eyes. "I never do - though, I thought I did once."

"Wanna finish playing, then go sit somewhere and chat for a lil' bit?" A.J. asked the girls. "We've got time to kill."

"And kill it we shall," Lenore smirked. "Let's go!"

They all started playing again, but goofing around a bit more, as the Boys kept making the girls laugh. Well, Brian, A.J., and Nick did, while Howie and Kevin just laughed and shook their heads. Once they were done, and some had won free games on hole 19, they all bought snacks, then sat around back of the small snack bar thing, at two of the picnic tables.

"Dude! If I'd known yesterday I'd meet you guys tonight, I don't think I would've slept at ALL last night," Lenore stated. eating some of her chocolate bar. "I only had an hour or so of sleep as it was, the night before tickets went on sale. It was nuts! And I didn't get any until around four that afternoon!"

"What took so long?" Howie wanted to know.

"Had an account with the wrong site, then I put the credit card security code in wrong," Lenoer sighed. "If I'd known all that BEFORE tickets went on sale, I wouldn't have lost the third row FLOOR seats I almost had. Damn site. Never explains anything - just expects people to know. And if I hadn't asked a fellow fan for help trying to find the Ottawa tickets, I NEVER would've found them AT all."

"Doesn't our site list it?" Kevin wanted to know.

"No!" Lenore replied, not too amused. "It only lists Toront and Montreal. No London, no Kitchener, and NO Ottawa. Are we NOT important, or something?"

"Er - sorry?" Nick tried.

Lenore sighed. "Sorry. Bitching, and y'all are right here with me - literally."

The Boys smiled. "S'alright."

Lenore smiled, then giggled. She looked at her two friends. "Said I'd meet them some day."

"I said you would too," Jen reminded her.

"Me too!" Jacquie piped up.

Lenore rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I know. Now I can go rub it in people's faces that they were wrong and I was FINALLY right about something."

"We'll gladly help prove yah right, right guys?" A.J. said, draping an arm over Lenore's shoulders.

Lenore ducked her head a bit as she blushed some. "Thanks..." She thought a moment. "But what are y'all doing HERE? You're, like, at least six hours away from your shows in southern Ontario, and two hours away from Ottawa."

"Taking a lil' break and detour," Brian smiled, causing Lenore to grin and blush a bit more, as her whole face lit up again.

"Hey, Lenore, is it Christmas yet?" Jen questionned.

Lenore glanced at her friend, grinning like the crazed idiot she is. "Oh, Hell yeah!" She replied enthusiastically.

The Boys laughed, though they didn't catch on right away. "Merry Christmas!"

Lenore giggled. "Merry EARLY Christmas!"

"Well, I'm afraid we have to be going soon," Kevin piped up a few minutes later. "It was nice meeting you though."

"Yeah!" Nick exclaimed. "We should do this again sometime! It was fun!"

"Wow, Nick had a BRIGHT idea," Lenore joked.

A.J. hugged her again. "I KNEW I liked this girl!"

They all hugged and said their goodbyes then, Lenore not wanting to let go of Brian - AT all.

"Hey, you'll see us again in six days," Brian assured her. "And we've your address and all that too. We'll call sometime this week. I promise."

Lenore smiled softly at him. "Knew I loved you most for a reason."

Brian smiled back, his eyes crinkling up in the corners. "Stay cute."

Lenore giggled. "Oh, I will. Trust me. An' stay mine."

Brian kissed her cheek, after giving her one last hug.

The Boys left then, waving to the girls as they got into their limo. A few moments after they'd left, Lenore was sitting there still kind of in shock.

"Did that really happen?" She asked her friends. "I mean, did we really just meet the Backstreet Boys and take pictures with them?" Howie had had a camera handy, so they used up his roll of film, and he'd given her the film and the money to get in developed.

Jen and Jacquie both nodded. "Yeah, I think so."

Just then, Lenore's cell rang - well, her Dad's cell, but she had it on her.

"Hello?" Lenore said, answering it.

"Miss us yet?" A.J.'s voice rasped.

Lenore just giggled, and talked to him on the phone for a bit - her friends - and the other Boys - shouting into the phones occassionally.