- Text Size +
Chapter 2 * Malory’s Pets

(AN: For every one who read it before this chapter was up. There was a little change it the previous chapter on how Ziya convinces Chad to join up with them.)

Kita walked down the hallway of the palace in Jericho city. Malory had it built right in the middle of the city and also the tallest building in the city. Her master loved to show off.

For the past 11 years Malory had Starla, Rider and herself trained to be his bodyguards because he was unable to trust anyone but them. He had them train with the best martial artist in the world. They did leave his side for three months so they could go capture the potential Princess Ziya’s. Because of her behavior on that mission they were brought back to protect their master. And because of Kita’s extra talent in divinations she has been working with the seer, Sibyl, Malory had came across 3 years ago. She had told him that the princess was going to find her way back to her rightful place on the throne. He had believed her after so many other prediction she made came true.

“There’s one of the Duke’s pets.” Kita’s ears perked up at this sentence. She looked over her shoulder at the two whispering servants. They were standing very far down the hall but she was able to hear them very clearly. “He lets them walk around this place like the own it.”

“I know. The little one is always terrorizing everyone on the staff.”

“That’s the least of your problems. That one there, I heard that she killed a few of the guards a couple years ago.” Kita was in a bad mood and they were making her mood worse.

“Hey,” Kita said turning around. “Don’t you old bitties, have anything better to do other then to gossip?” The women froze. “If you have nothing to do, I’ll give you something. I was in Starla’s room it was a mess. You two go clean it up for her.”

“Yes ma’am.” They walked towards Starla’s room. It use to make Kita feel better after bossing the staff around but ever since that incident two years ago, it did not make her feel better. It was probably more him then anything. Showing her humans were not weak and stupid creators.

“I’m so board.” Starla said to Rider, who was reading. They were in their training room that Malory had built for them, which they use more as a place to hang out in then anything. “Rider.” Starla whined. “I want to do something.”

“Go find Kita and get her to play with you.”

“I can’t she’s working with that stupid seer.”

“Well, then go terrorize the servants.”

“That’s getting boring.” She sat and pouted at Rider, who was ignoring her. “So Rider, what do you think of that seer?”

“I’ve told you a thousand times. I don’t care much for her.”

“I think she’s a flack.” The doors to the room flew open and figure hunched over wearing a cloak. The only part of them was their mouth.

“Your future is clouded with death!” The figure yelled in a scratchy old voice. Starla let out a shriek. “Just like your past!” The cloaked figure hobbled over to Starla. “Little girl, your death will come when the monkey crows at dusk.” Starla realized who it really was.

“See now that’s not funny, Kita.” Kita started to laugh as she pulled her self to her full height and took the cloak off. “Sorry, just blowing off some steam about the crazy old bat.” She sat down in front of Starla. “We have been reassigned to Ziya case.”

“Really!” Starla said loudly.

“What’s with the change of heart?” Rider said closing his book.

“It appears that that one of our so-called Ziya’s got herself a little merry band and is on her way to us.”

“It about time they used us again.” Starla said. “I was beginning to get board. And if you had not killed those guards 2 years ago, we would have had all those girls already.”

“They killed an innocent girl and they screwed up to many times.”

“I think it was because she was the sister of that human you fell in love with.”

“Shut up!”

“Meow.”

“Hey, you two cut it out!” Rider yelled. “Now when are we leaving and where are we going?”

“They’re getting the air craft ready for us as we speak. We’re leaving tomorrow morning.” Kita rolled out a map of Harada. “The seer said that they are going to be heading for the Kellan Mountains pass.”

“But it’s been closed off, we made sure of it.” Starla pointed out.

“We know that but not them.” Rider said.

“That’s why they are going to back track a bit and head for Chelsi Port. But we’re going to stop them before they get that close.” Kita rolled up the map. “Now is there anything or anyone we should bring with us on our trip?” Rider stood up.

“I know who I want to bring.” He started for the door then he stopped and turned back to his sister with a devious smile. “Could you go talk to the weasel demons?”

“Why do I have to talk to the weasel demons?!” Kita yelled as Starla fall down laughing. “Why can’t Starla do it?”

“Because they like you.”

“I don’t want to talk to the weasel demons! They’re always try to grope me.”

“But they’ll come if you ask them to come.”

“I don’t want to talk to them.”

“Please, sis.” Rider said giving pleading look.

“Fine.” She said through gritted teeth. “I’ll go.”

“Thanks, you’re the best.” Rider left the room. Kita looked down at Starla on the ground cackling and kicking her legs.

“You’re coming with me.” Kita growled as she pulled Starla up by the back of her collar.

(AN: Next chapter will be longer.)