- Text Size +
Chapter 3 * Kids, cute little animal and HER

The day of the trip, Chad walked out to the spot Asher had told him to meet them. As he got close to the forest, when he caught sight of Asher standing next to the tracks.

“So where’s the girl?” Chad asked when he met up with him.

“Ziya is waiting up the tracks a bit.” He said.

“So what is it with you and this girl?” Chad asked. “I haven’t heard from you for a few years and then you show up here with this girl. I never knew you liked them that young?” Chad smirked at his friend.

“Ziya and I are not dating or anything. We are just friends.” Asher laughed. “She and Tara use to be friends.” Asher looked at Chad with a curious look. “Are you interested in her?”

“No,” Chad said bluntly. “She is not my type. Too much bark if you ask me.” Asher laughed. “So which girls does Malory have captured?”

“Two of the girls you know. Zara was year ago and Max was kidnapped last week. And a girl from Bien named Tama. They got her about two years ago.”

“What about the girl that was killed.” Asher stopped walking which made Chad to stop too. “Was she someone I knew?” Asher face became grim. He lowered his head, till his long bangs covered his face.

“You knew her alright.” Asher breathed. “Before I tell you, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.”

“Asher?” Asher looked up at him.

“It was Tara.” He said. “It happened two years ago.”

“Why didn’t you tell me they killed Tara in the first place?!” Chad yelled.

“I didn’t want you to come along just so you can get revenge for her death.”

“You’re not in this for revenge? They killed your own sister!”

“I’m not in this for vengeance.” Asher stated calmly. “Those girls they are someone’s sisters. And I don’t want them to lose their sisters the same way I did.” Chad’s anger subsided as he saw how in control his friend was.

“You were always a selfless person. Man, you make me seem like a complete bastard.” He nudged Asher to keep moving. They walked a bit further they spotted Ziya with the demon boy, Chad had seen sitting on the roof of the inn the day before.

“She has a pet?” Chad said in a low growl.

“That’s Evan.” Chad turned to Asher.

“There are two things in this world that bugs me; kids and cute little animals.” He pointed at Evan. “That kid is the combination of the two.” Then Evan picked up what looked like a small tan colored dog, with large pointed ears and a fluffy tail. “Oh look, he has a pet.”

“That’s Yoshe. Actually she is Ziya’s pet.”

“She has two pets?”

“She’s fennec fox.” Asher ignored his friend’s irritation.

“What does she do take in random animals?”

“Not exactly.”

“Finally!” Ziya said when she saw them. “Man, you are so slow.”

“Hey, I had to pack.” Chad told her.

“Good to see you packed light.” She said. “So are we ready to go?” She asked Evan.

“Yeah I’m ready!” He shouted.

“Before we go I want to make something very clear to you, that if your…” Chad looks at Evan questionably. “What the hell are you, a donkey?”

“Do I look like I go hee hah?” Evan said.

“You just did.” Chad pointed out. “What ever he is? I don’t want him any where near me.” Ziya looked at him blankly.

“And I want a library card but that wouldn’t happen for a while.” She said.

“That was very random.” Asher said. “Where did that come from?”

“No idea. But you,” She pointed at Chad. “Are going to have to put up with him. No matter how annoying you think he is.” She begins to walk followed by Evan and Yoshe.

“Hey, Zi!” He calls after her. “Do you think I’m annoying?”

“Not at all.” She answered. Asher and Chad followed for behind them.

“Now I have three things that bug me.” Chad mumbled.

“And what are those now?” Asher snickered.

“Kids, cute little animal and HER!” He growled.