- Text Size +
Chapter 39 – Indecent Proposal

Nicola tapped her foot nervously as she waited in Dr. Jacobs’ office in the back of the physical therapy clinic. She never enjoyed meeting with him privately. His lustful eyes tearing through her clothing for sexually stimulating images made her uncomfortable. Nicola hoped to combat the sexual tension by choosing unappealing clothing, but Dr. Jacobs could allow his mind to freely wander even with the worst choices. So, Nicola now focused on keeping her distance and making it a short meeting. The sooner she was free, the faster she could return to her safe haven with Howie and Lucy.

“Nicola Tilley! It’s been forever since I’ve seen my best and favorite therapist!” Dr. Jacobs called loudly, entering his lush office as if he were a king. He leaned over to embrace Nicola, brushing his hands below her hips. Nicola tensed and immediately pulled away. Dr. Jacobs merely smirked with pride, passionately overlooking her wardrobe.

“I called and sent reports every day I wasn’t at the office,” Nicola objected, shifting uncomfortably as she pushed the fallen curls behind her ears. She realized her clothing choice of snug black flared pants and a lavender button down with a white tank top underneath was a bad decision from the beginning. His eyes explained that she feared. She folded her hands against her chest for protection, trying to deflect his eager stares.

“You know what I mean,” he replied fleetingly. “So how’s our golden boy?”

“Mr. Dorough is making remarkable progress. He’s close to standing and using crutches. I don’t know where he would be without his optimistic attitude, however. Frankly, he’s amazing.”

“How’d that come about?”

“I can’t explain it myself. It’s a true miracle, Jacobs.”

“Grand,” Dr. Jacobs replied sarcastically, leaning against his desk in front of her.

“But it is…” she trailed with a sigh, devastated by the lack of interest. Dr. Jacobs cared for nothing but himself. The only reason he took any minor amount of interest in Howie was because of the expensive payment plan for care Howie was fueling. Nicola quickly grew tired of his lack of compassion and spoke crisply, “Jacobs, why did you really call me in? It’s obvious you don’t are about his progress as long as he is paying the bills, so, what is it?”

Dr. Jacobs laughed loudly, “I always loved how you made a point to cut the bullshit in the beginning!”

“Thank you for that…I don’t even know what to call it exactly. So, forget it. Now, what is it that you need to speak to me about? No other physical therapy gets these special meetings,” Nicola answered, trying her best not to roll her eyes with annoyance.

“I want to offer you a huge promotion, Nicola. A promotion that will give you tremendous wealth and power. A promotion that will make you closer to sharing the profits of leading the clinic,” Dr. Jacobs murmured, striding slowly toward Nicola with a steaming desire smoldering against his eyes.

“You mean a partner?” Nicola asked, stepping back every time he advanced.

“A special partner,” he growled.

“What?” she yelped, hitting her back against the far wall.

“You can have all the glory and riches if you do one thing,” Dr. Jacobs whispered erotically against her ear, tracing his fingers down the length of her lithe body. He seemed content as he leaned against the wall, his one arm braced above her and his other arm against her. “Sleep with me.”

His words sank heavily against her soul, causing her body systems to heighten with regret. Her heart seemed to plummet into her stomach as her body cringed with disgust. Her skin crawled at the mere brush of his fingertips. She immediately pulled his hand away from her soft skin as her brain screamed warnings to the rest of her body. Her emerald eyes burned with hatred. “No,” she replied forcefully, her strawberry blonde curls falling against her eyes.

“No?”

“No,” she repeated, trying to side step his lumbering, but he countered quickly to block the door.

“No? Awe, Baby, I love role-playing. I’ll let you dominate for awhile,” he laughed, running his fingers against her hip, allowing his hand to slip beneath the fabric. “You are so beautiful. I dream about having you in bed every night. Every time I see you, I swear I get instantly hard. I’m going to tear your insides out and you’ll be screaming for me inside you every night. This is going to be the best partner relationship I ever scored!”

Nicola gagged as he shoved his tongue deep into her throat, struggling to push him backward. Dr. Jacobs’ eyes went wide with surprise as he stumbled from the power. Nicola didn’t care about his needs as she yanked her shirt down with disgust and choked on his spit. She couldn’t imagine that the man could be so delusional to think that she was acting. “I’m not your whore, Jacobs, so don’t touch me,” she snarled, feeling the need to stand her ground with tremendous force.

Dr. Jacobs grunted, realizing she would be harder than he had anticipated. He quickly strode forward, forcefully pinning her against the wall with her hands dangling above her body. His fingers dug deep into her flesh as his hot breath clung to her skin like a foul odor. “On the contrary, Nicola, you are my whore. You’re going to do what I want, when I want. If I tell you to strip down to your bare flesh, shove a dildo in your ass, and suck my dick; you better ask how fast, how deep and how hard. Do you understand me?”

“No, I don’t understand you. Now get off me, Doctor,” she growled. “You don’t own me.”

“Nicola,” he laughed heartily. “Wake up and realize your situation, wench. I hold your job in my hands. I can fire you any time I want just for the Hell of it. Then how are you going to take care of Lucy? Your wonderfully crippled husband buried himself long ago, so I doubt he can support you. Your mother can’t provide for you, Lucy, your brother, and your sister at the same time, either. So, you have no income if I snap my fingers, and you can’t support your baby girl. They’ll take her away in a heartbeat, Nicola. Don’t force me to do something drastic, or you’ll have to work the streets and take to the slums. You mine as well drop your panties for me instead, at least I’m clean.”

“You son of—”

“I love your fire,” Dr. Jacobs murmured excitedly, running his lips along her neck as his fingers slipped beneath her shirt yet again. “So be a good girl, take off your clothes, get on my desk, and I’ll fuck your brains out for a position most would die to have in this clinic.”

“You’re blackmailing—”

“Yes, fuck me hard or your fucking fired.”

“I choose option three,” she murmured softly.

“There is no option three—”

“Oh, yes, there is,” she countered.

“Enlighten me.”

“I QUIT!” Nicola grunted, driving her knee deep into his groin with as much power as she could muster. Dr. Jacobs gave a high-pitched yelp, toppling onto the floor like a heavy weight. Nicola stepped over him, glaring down at the obviously pained man. She resisted the urge to kick him as she scoffed, “You are a royal jackass. I hope you choke on your own semen and die. I’m not your whore and I never will be your whore. Just because you think you have power over me doesn’t give you the right to demand sexual favors. You don’t hold my life in your hands you inconsiderate prick. I’d rather work minimum wage to make the ends meet than let you touch me with your filthy hands. So, take your position and shove it deep and hard into your ass, because, like I said, I quit!”