- Text Size +
Disclaimer: don’t em, don’t own em. Anna is mine. Happy?



Anna watched as her brother and cousin argued over who would get to cook on the grill.

She went over to them and said, “ Okay, guys. There is only one grill. Only one of you can use it. Kevin,” she said turning to her brother, “ you always get to be the macho man and cook on the grill. How about you let Brian cook just this once. Let’s just see how good a cook he is, okay?”

“ Okay, Anna. You win this time. You better watch your back Littrell. You here me?” Kevin said turning to Brian.

“ Yeah, okay, Kev. Whatever you say.” Said Brian looking at him with a skeptical look on his face.

“ Kevin!” said Anna.

He turned around to find Anna with the hose in her hand. Before he could defend himself, he got sprayed in the face with cold water. He wiped the water out of his eyes and looked at Anna.

He said, “ Anna! Your ass is grass.”

She shrieked as Kevin ran after her. She ran behind A.J and said, “ Alex, save me!”

A.J got up and let Kevin have a clear shot at her and said, “ Hey, I’m not getting involved in this.”

Anna looked at him and said, “ Thanks. I love you too.”

AJ grinned and said, “ I know you do.”

As Kevin closed in on her she looked for somewhere to go. She had no where to go, so she ran around the pool. Kevin was right on her tail.

As Kevin closed in he said, “ I always win Anna. You know that. Why do you even fight me anymore?”

She ran into Nick who was sitting on the edge of the pool watching the two of them goof around.

Nick said, “ Here you go Kevin.”

Kevin caught up to Anna and picked her up over his shoulder. He said, “ Now, it’s your turn to get wet.”

“ No, Kevin, don’t.” she said as Kevin neared the water’s edge.

Just as he was about to throw her in she said, “ If I have to go in, you’re going with me.”

He didn’t hear her until it was too late. She pulled him the water with her. They surfaced at the same time and Anna had a smug grin on her face.

Kevin said, “ Why’d you do that?”

“ It was fun, and it was instant payback.”

“ Oh, Yeah. Well, take this.” He said as he pushed her underneath the water.

They continued rough- housing in the pool until it was time for dinner. Anna got out of the pool and went over to Brian. She gave him a bear hug. He turned around and just looked at her. He said, “ you better watch it. You’re getting worse than Nick is.”

“ You know you love me.” Said and smiled.

“ What’s there not to love. Now take this stuff to the table so we can eat.” Said Brian.

“ So, what? Am I your servant now? I don’t think so. You take it over yourself.” She said as she walked away from him.

She went and sat down next to Kevin and AJ. When Brian came over with the food, he didn’t look happy.

Kevin noticed and said, “ Anna, why don’t you help him with the food?”

She got up and said, “ Fine.”




Later after dinner, they were all in the pool playing chicken. Anna was on Nick’s shoulders, Brian was on Kevin’s shoulders, and AJ was on Howie’s. Brian finally got the chance to get even with Anna. He wrestled her until she twisted and fell in the water. She came up gasping for air. Kevin kicked into big brother mode and asked, “ Ann, are you okay?”

“ Yeah I’m fine. I’ve had enough of this shit. I’m going inside.” She said as she walked out of the pool and into the house. She went upstairs into her bedroom and changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. She looked out her window to see the guys still playing. She only counted four. Nick wasn’t there. She wondered where he was. She just dismissed it as a bathroom break. Never in a million years did she think that Nick was coming up to check on her. They were friends, but not really good friends. He wouldn’t be the first person she went to with a problem. She would end up going to talk to Alex first.

When Anna first met AJ, she felt a connection with him. She couldn’t explain it, but it was a great feeling. They soon became the best of friends. She started going to AJ with her problems instead of going to Kevin. He got really jealous and Anna and Kevin fought like crazy for 3 months. The rest of the guys got fed of with them and made them talk about what was bothering them. They locked them in a room until they stopped fighting. Since then, Kevin has become less of a father and more of a brother. In return, Anna started talking to Kevin more. They have been on the best of terms since then.

Just then, there was a knock on her door. She said, “ come in.”

She expected it to be AJ or Kevin, but it was Nick. He said, “ Anna.”

She turned around too quickly and got really dizzy. She almost fell down, but she steadied herself on Nick’s extended arm. He said, “ you okay?”

“ What, oh yeah. I’m fine. I just got dizzy.” Said Anna.

She looked into his eyes and immediately got lost inside them. She looked away because she felt something that she never felt before with Nick. Kevin will kill you for even thinking about it. She scolded herself.

She went over to the window and Nick followed her. She said, “ Why did you follow me?”

“ I wanted to tell you something. Or show you something.”

“ Okay. Go ahead.” She said.

Nick leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips.