- Text Size +
Chapter 16: You’ll Get Yours




AJ and Howie went back up to Anna’s room to find her asleep. Then, they went over to Kevin’s room to find the rest of the guys watching ESPN. They were rooting for opposite teams, so the room was constantly bickering over whether the play was good or not. The three of them looked up as AJ and Howie walked into the room. Kevin was with Howie earlier when AJ ran out.


Kevin asked, “ Aje, you okay?”


“ Yeah, I’m fine Kev. Everything’s good.”


Kevin smiled and said, “ Good. I’m glad.”


“ When do we get to leave the hospital, anyway?” whined Nick.


“ Well, Nick, you can leave whenever you want. Anna and Kev have to stay until tomorrow morning.” Said Brian.


“ Yeah, that’s right. I’m free tomorrow.” Said Kevin.


“ Not exactly free, Kev. You can’t do much on crutches, you know that, don’t you?” said Howie.


“ Yeah, I know. I can dream, though, can’t I?” joked Kev.


“ Yeah, I guess so. As long as you don’t sneak out in the middle of the night to go out with some chick.” Said AJ.


“ Now what makes you think that I would do that, Alexander?” said Kevin.


“ Uh, oh. He used your real name. I’d watch out if I were you.” said Nick.


“ I’m not afraid of Kevin. He’s crippled. He can’t do anything even if he wanted to.” Said AJ.


“ I’d watch your back McLean. You never know what could happen in the middle of the night in a big house. Just watch your back.” Said Kevin evilly.


AJ gulped and said, “ Okay, who’s playing.”


The four guys burst out laughing as AJ cowered away from Kevin. They all knew that Kevin could do anything he wanted to the guys. Half the time they deserved it. It was just Kevin’s job to keep them in line.


“ Have a seat, Aje. Don’t be afraid. I would never hurt you. It’s light out, anyway. Just wait until it gets dark out.” Said Kevin as he pretended to laugh evilly.


AJ said, “ umm. I think I’ll go visit Ann. She must be lonely.”


The rest of the guys laughed as AJ ran out of the room.