- Text Size +
Chapter 18: Go To Hell




AJ stood outside of Anna’s room for what seemed like an eternity. He was trying to figure out what to say to her and how. All he knew was that it wasn’t going to be easy.
He knocked on the door and despite the protest he walked right in.


Anna turned around and looked at him as he walked in the door. “ I thought I told you to go away. Don’t you listen?”


He sat down on the bed next to her. “ I came to talk to you about what you overheard before.”


“ I don’t want to hear any of your bullshit.” She got up and started to walk away from him.


“ Don’t you walk away from me. I’m not done here.”


She turned and glared at him. “ Yeah, well I am. I have nothing else to say to you. I think we’re finished here.” She walked right out of the door and down into the living room.


AJ decided to follow her. “ Anna, wait.”


She whirled around and pointed her finger at him. “ I will not wait for you to tell me that you’re sorry. What you said down here was hurtful, and it was intended to be that way.”


“ Yeah, well at least I was telling the truth.” AJ muttered under his breath.


Her eyes widened. “ What did you say?”


“ I said that at least I was telling the truth.” He folded his arms against his chest and waited for her wrath to come.


She was so pissed at him. “ Well, Mr. McLean. I suggest that you just go to hell.” She tried to yell it, but it came out in more of a whisper.


She grabbed the phone behind Kevin and dialed Nick’s number. “ Hello, Nick? Can you come and pick me up? I really need to get out of this house. See you in ten.”


“ Why are you going out with Nick?”


“ At least he cares about me.” She retorted as she walked out of the door to wait for Nick to pick her up. “ Kev, I’ll be back sometime. I don’t know when.” She was out the door.


AJ sank down in the nearest chair and put his head in his hands. Despite Kevin’s demands, AJ stayed silent and didn’t say a word of what was said up in her room.