- Text Size +
What if I don’t say what’s on my mind, and you walk away… I might live out my life and never feel this way… What if you are the one I’m meant to love… What if tonight is the night… what if once in a lifetime doesn’t come twice?



As the kiss deepened, Anna found herself enjoying the kiss. She had never felt this was until now.

Just then, AJ walked in and said, “ Anna, are you in here?”

He froze when he saw them kissing. Anna broke the kiss and looked over at AJ. AJ looked from Anna to Nick and back to Anna again. He said, “ this can’t be happening.” He turned around and started running out of the house. Anna ran after him. By the time she caught up with him, he was in the middle of the road walking away from Howie’s house.

Anna said, “ Alex, stop.”

“ Why should I?” he asked as he kept walking.

“ Because I want you to. You need to listen to me.” She said as she tried to catch her breath.

He ignored her and kept walking. She ran up to him, caught his arm, and said, “ Say something, Dammit.”

He turned around and looked at her. He yelled, “ What do you want me to say, huh? You want me to be happy for you? Well, I can’t.”

“ Why?”

“ Because I know Nick. I know what he can do. I don’t want to see you get sucked up into his world.”

“ I’ve lived in ‘his world’ for ten years Alex. And you live in the exact same world he does so don’t give me that crap.”

“ That’s not what I meant and you know it, Ann. I’m saying his world is endless parties and alcohol and women. Lots of women.”

“ Are you trying to say that he’s a player? Because if you are, you shouldn’t be talking. And another thing, don’t be talking about alcohol. You were there too.”

He just looked at her and laughed. He said, “ Why are you turning this around on me? This isn’t about my problems. This is about you. And even if it was about my problems, you have no right to judge me.”

“What? So it’s okay for you to judge me, but I can’t judge you? That’s fucking bullshit and you know it Alex.”

Their voices were raising with each word they said. By this time, Kevin and the rest of the guys had come out to see what they were fighting about. Kevin got in between them and said, “ Anna, AJ. What is the problem?”

“ Nothing’s the problem. I was just leaving.” Said AJ as he walked away from them.

Anna said, “ You can’t just walk away from this and me. You do it all of the time and I won’t let you do it now.”

She ran over to him and stopped him in his path. She said, “ Alex. You know me, you know Nick. What is the big fucking problem?”

“ That’s my problem. I know both of you.” He said.

“ What’s that suppose to mean? Are you saying that you wish you didn’t know us or what?”

“ I’m saying he isn’t good for you.”

“ How do you know that? You obviously don’t know me. If you did you would know that I’m old enough to take care of myself. I don’t need another father on my case about who to go out with. I know what’s good for me.” She paused, and then said, “ I’m beginning to wonder if our relationship is good for me.”

“ You know what? I don’t need this shit. I don’t even know why I cared. The hell with this. The hell with you.” He walked away from her towards his car.

She said, “ Yeah you do that AJ. You just leave whenever it suits you. You...you big coward.” She paused for effect, and then said in a low voice, “ You’re afraid.”

He stopped in his tracks and said, “ Afraid of what?”

“You’re afraid that if I get involved with Nick, or anyone else, that I won’t go to you anymore, and that scares you. You’re afraid that you’re gonna lose me. That scares you even more. Well, you know what? If you keep acting like this, you will lose me. For Good.” She said.

AJ was so pissed of at her right now that he had to get in his car and leave before he hurt her. He sped off as four Backstreet Boys and one ex- best friend looked at his car as he made his was to the interstate.