- Text Size +
Chapter 20: Love or is it? Outside Anna sat on the steps waiting for Nick. She had no idea what she was doing, but it felt right at the time. It felt so good to bitch out AJ and to make him hurt as much as she did inside. She didn’t realize she started crying as she thought about what she had, and what she didn’t have. She didn’t have any parents. That was the hardest thing for her to get over. The fact that she couldn’t remember the memories she had of when her parents were alive. God, why did you do this to me? She cried. She just sat there and cried out the anguish. Everything was overwhelming her.

She needed to get away. She needed to forget everything that happened to her, and let loose. That’s why she called Nick.

As if on cue, he came around the bend in his green SUV. She got up and got into the car as he slowed down.

“What happened, Ann?” He asked as he looked over worridly at her.

“ Just drive someplace. I don’t care where, just get me away from this place.” She just looked straight out the windshield and ignored Nick’s questions.

“But, Ann, where am I suppose to go?”

“ I don’t give a flying fuck just get me the hell out here, please.” She finally met his eyes, and he could see the tears that threatened to spill out of her green eyes.

“ Okay. We’ll go to my house. Then, we can chill or go walking, and you can tell me what happened.” He looked over at her and she gave him a warning look, “or you don’t have to tell me anything.”

~*~*~45 Minutes later~*~*~

They walked into Nick’s house and she went right over to the couch. She hadn’t said anything more to him the whole way over. She just sat there and stared out the window. Nick was now very worried about her, and he kept wondering what had went on back at her house to make her like this.

He walked over to the couch and sat down next to her. He put his hand over hers and just sat there waiting for her to say something.

When it became clear that she wasn’t going to say anything, he coxed, “ What’s wrong Ann? What happened?”

“ What happened at Howie’s house right before the accident?” she asked out of the blue.

He sighed and said, “ we were playing in the pool, and you left suddenly for some reason. So, I decided to follow you. You were up in your room when I found you. You were staring out the window. I came over to you and I kissed you. I also said I love you. And right before AJ came in, you said you loved me too.”

He fell silent and just looked at her. He had lied to her, he knew it. He wasn’t even thinking when he said it, but now it was too late to say anything. If anything, her reaction was the total opposite of what he just told her. He couldn’t help it. He was tired of letting her make her own decisions and making the wrong ones. She would never see that AJ was all wrong for her. He needed her, wanted her, right now.

“ Anna, I….” He was cut off by Anna kissing him.

She kissed him with such an intensity that he didn’t know she was capable of. He pulled back just a little bit and she said, “ Nick, make love to me.” He did. He knew that she was doing this because she thought she loved him before all this happened to her. She trusted him, and she wanted him.

He carried her into his room and shut the door with his foot. He was planning on taking advantage of her confusion from now on. He could get used to it.