- Text Size +
Chapter 4






Kevin looked down at Anna and said, “ Give him time. He’ll cool off. He’ll be back.”


“ Oh, God. What have I done?”


“ Anna, you didn’t do everything. It was as much his fault as it is yours.”


“ I’m going inside. There is something I have to do.” Said Anna as she got up to go inside.


Kevin sat on the porch for a couple more minutes thinking about his sister and AJ. He couldn’t stand to see them fighting. They both needed each other. They just didn’t realize it. He sighed and went inside thinking: What’s done is done.




AJ got out of his car and looked around. He was at the beach. He used to go there all the time when he had to think. He hadn’t been here in a while.


All of a sudden he punched his car and said, “ Fuck.”


He burst out into tears and thought to himself: What the hell did I just do?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Anna went out onto the deck and went over to Nick who was sitting by the pool. She sat down next to him and said, “ We need to talk.”


“ About what?”


“You know what.”


“ Oh.”


“ I don’t know how you really feel, but I want to say this. I think that the kiss was an accident. I guess I got caught up in the moment. It was nice, but I don’t feel the same way you do. I’m sorry.” Said Anna.


Nick looked at her and said, “ Fuck you.” He stormed away from Anna leaving her sitting there with a surprised, but sad look on her face. She looked around and noticed that everyone was looking at her. She got up and ran into the house.


On her way up the stairs, she tripped and fell down to the bottom. She got up and walked up again. Her vision was blurry from the tears that were threatening to fall. She made it to her room before she lashed out. She punched the wall and fell to the floor crying her eyes out. Brian was on her trail and came into the room and knelt down next to her. He hugged her until she stopped crying.


She looked up and he said, “ What happened, Ann?”


“ I just lost two friends in one day. That’s what happened. I tore the Backstreet Boys up with one kiss.”


“ Oh, Anna.” He said as he hugged her again.


“ Is everything okay up here?” asked Kevin as he walked into the room.


“ I don’t know Kev. I don’t know.” said Brian looking up at him.


Kevin knelt down beside the two of them and said, “ Anna. What am I gonna do with you?”


She looked up at him and said, “ You don’t have to do anything. You’re not my fucking father.”


She ran out the bedroom door and went out to the front yard.