- Text Size +
Chapter 6


Good-byes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had and what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.






Howie got to the phone as fast as he could, “ Hello?”


“ Hi. May I speak to a Howie Dorough, a Brian Littrell, or a Nick Carter?”


“ This is Howie speaking.”


“ This is Orlando General Hospital.”


Howie’s blood ran cold. He replied with a meek, “ Yes?”


“ Kevin and Anna Richardson have been involved in a car accident. Anna may not live through the night.”


“ Okay. We’ll be there as soon as possible. Thank you.”


Howie hung up the phone and ran onto the back deck. He said, “ Guys. WE have to go to the hospital. There’s been an accident. Bri, its Kev and Anna.”


“ Oh, shit.” Brian said.


They piled into the car and Nick drove them to the hospital. Howie had to call the one person he didn’t want to call: AJ.


“ Come on. Pick up.” Said Howie.


“ Talk to me.”


“ AJ, thank god. Where are you?”


“ At the beach. Why? What’s wrong?”


“ Aje, there’s been an accident. It’s Kev and Anna.”


“ Oh, god.”


“ Aje, she might not make it.”


“ Shit, I’ll be right there.”


“ Be careful, please.” Howie said before AJ hung up.


Nick announced that they were at the hospital. They went into the lobby for directions.


“ Excuse me. Can you tell us where to find Kevin and Anna Richardson?” asked Brian.


“ Are you family?”


“ I am.”


‘ Okay, let me check.” “ All the information that I have is for you to go upstairs and check in at the ICU nurses station on the 6th floor.”


“ Thanks.” Said Brian as they ran to catch an elevator. They made it up to the 6th floor and they ran to the nurse’s station. The nurse led them t a private waiting room to wait for the doctor. They told her to watch out for AJ.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


10 minutes later AJ came running into the waiting room.


“ Where are they?” he asked.


“ We don’t know.” said Howie.


“ How’s Kev?”


“We don’t know.” said Howie.


“ How’s Anna?”


“ We don’t know, Aje. They haven’t told us anything. We’re in the dark.” Said Brian.


“ But…But there’s got to be a way to find out.”


“ We have to wait for the doctor.”


“ God Dammit. That’s my best friend in there. She may die.” He yelled and slammed his fist into the wall.


“ AJ calm down. Both of my cousins are in there. I’m just as torn up as you are. If not worse. We can’t do anything but wait.” Said Brian.


“ But I have to see her before…” Aje said as he finally broke down. He slid to the floor and held his head in his hands.


“ Aje, she’ll be fine. They both will. We just have to keep our hope.” Said Brian as he tried to comfort AJ when all he wanted to do was break down with him.


They waited for another two hours before the doctor came in. He said, “ Hello, everyone. I’m Dr. Davies. I’m looking for a Mr. Brian Littrell.”


“ That would be me.” Said Brian.


“ Good. You’re cousin has been asking for you. He’s worried about Anna, and I thought you should break the news to him.”


AJ just started sobbing. Howie comforted as best as he could while he himself had tears rolling down his cheeks.


Brian looked away and then said, “ News?”


“ Yes. She’s in a coma.’


“ You mean, she’s not dead?” asked AJ.


“ No, not yet. The next 24 hours are critical for her. She still might not make it. I’ll allow one person to visit her while the other three visit Kevin. First, I want Mr. Littrell to see him and calm him down. I’ll be back later to give you guys more information on their conditions.”


The doctor led them to the rooms and left them to go in as they chose.