- Text Size +
CHAPTER 2

‘Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never lost, and dance like you do when nobody’s watching.’



‘ Well, Katie, I can’t say this on the record yet, but you got the job.’ Said a smiling Brian.


‘Holy, shit. I got it!’ she screamed. She composed herself, and then said, ‘ Oh, sorry, thank you so much. It has been a pleasure meeting with you guys. When do you want me to start?’


‘ In two days we’ll have you come down to the studio and we’ll have Fatima work with you from there.’ Said Kevin.


‘ Thank you so much guys. You have no idea how much this means to me.’ Said Katie.


‘ Don’t worry about it. We needed a dancer, and you were perfect for the job.’ Said Brian.


‘ Hey, Katie. Nick and I were going out tonight and we were wondering if you’d like to come.’ Said A.J.


‘ Um. I’ll be intruding.’ Said Katie.


‘ No you won’t it’ll be fun.’ Said Nick coming up behind the two of them.


‘ Yeah, come on. We’re going clubbing and we both need a dance partner.’ Said A.J.


‘ Well, I can’t beat that. I’m in. what time will you guys pick me up?’ asked Katie.


‘ How about 8? Sound good?’ asked A.J.


‘ 8 is fine. It was a pleasure meeting you.’ Said Katie.


‘ No, the pleasure was all mine.’ Said A.J. as he took her hand and kissed it.


‘See you in two days, Katie. The secretary will give you all of the information.’ Said Kevin.


‘ It was a pleasure meeting you all. Bye.’ Said Katie.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


‘ So, what do you guys think of her?’ asked Kevin.


“’She’s hot man. She’s got curves in all the right places, but not too much. It’s just enough.’ Said A.J.


‘ Stop your drooling A.J. we all know you like her.’ Said Howie.


‘Yeah, but Howie, what’s not to like? She’s got everything.’ Said Nick.


‘Alright you guys, let’s go. We still have more people to interview and more spots to fill before we fly back down to Orlando for practices with the new dancers.’ Said Kevin.


They all got settled back down and proceeded on interviewing many more dancers. A.J. and Nick were both thinking the same thing, though: She’s mine. All mine.





Katie was walking back to her apartment in the rain. She didn’t mind though. She was floating on air. It had just hit her that she had just gotten a job with the Backstreet Boys. She couldn’t wait until she met them again.


She got to her apartment just before it started to hail. She picked up her mail and went to make some dinner. She hadn’t looked in the manila envelope the secretary had given her. She had been too excited. She sat down at the kitchen table with her dinner and started going through the envelope.


She found a one-way ticket down to Orlando. There was no note attached to it and she decided to ask A.J. about it later. There was a packet on the tour dates and tour destinations. There was a whole bunch of stuff on her expectations. It didn’t say anywhere in it that you couldn’t date a Backstreet Boy.