- Text Size +
CHAPTER 3

Treat each day like it’s your last, because some day it will be, and you’ll be left wondering where it all went.





Katie finished looking through the folder and decided to get ready for her night out. It would be her first in a long time. She looked in her closet for something to wear, but came up empty handed. She finally found what she was looking for. She had on a black skirt and a shimmery pink dress that had an open back. The only thing that was holding it on was a strap around her neck and one around the middle of her back. (Like in Save the Last Dance).


She looked in the mirror and wondered how everyone thought she was beautiful. All she saw was a 21-year-old dancer staring back at her. She never worked out because dancing was her workout. She had a small studio in her apartment, so she danced often. She looked at her features more closely. She saw her lithe body, long legs, curly brown hair that had blonde highlights. She also saw crystal blue eyes that were twinkling warmly at her. She had straight teeth due to braces when she was in school. She saw ambition, hope, and fear all at once. She found a girl that any man would die for.


She decided before she left that she was going to make the best out of what life gave her. Life didn’t give her much, but just enough to get by. She saw a lot of potential for a wonderful life. She was going to take everything head-on. Once she went out tonight, there would be no turning back. She wasn’t afraid anymore knowing that she had five great guys to help her along the way.


With that decided, she touched up on her make-up and waited for the guys to show up. She was engrossed in her book when the doorbell rang. She got up and opened the door. There stood two of the cutest guys she had met. A.J. had a white rose, and Nick had a red one.


She said, “ wow. I didn’t think that I deserved all this. I guess I was wrong.”


‘ Very wrong. You deserve all this and more.’ Said A.J.


‘ Very nice sweet talking there Alex, if I may call you Alex.’ Said Katie.


‘ I’ll allow it, but just because it’s you. Don’t think everyone calls me that.’ Said A.J.


‘ I’ll consider myself lucky.’ Said Katie.


‘You should. Now come on. I think it’s about time we hit the town. What do you think, Nick?’ asked A.J.


‘ I think it’s a great idea.’ Said Nick.


They took off in A.J.’s Expedition towards one of the hottest clubs in town.