- Text Size +
CHAPTER 6


Try not to frown too much… you never know when someone might be falling in love with your smile.




AJ and Katie sat on the couch talking until the doorbell rang. Katie opened the door to find Nick standing there with 3 pizzas.


She said, “ Oh, thanks. You brought the pizzas.” She took the pizza out of his hand and walked towards the living room leaving Nick still standing in the doorway.


“ Nice to know I’m loved, Kate.” Said Nick as he came in shutting the door behind him. He walked into the living room and said to Katie, “ Nice place you got here.”


“ Thanks. Now, let’s eat. I’m starving.”


“ Me too. Nick grab a seat.” Said Katie.


They ate dinner in the kitchen and talked about all kinds of stuff.


“ Nick, thank god you came over. It was getting depressing there for awhile.” She said looking over at AJ.


“ Hey, it wasn’t my fault. You brought it up. I just sat there and listened.” Said AJ defending himself.


“ Guess what. Kev called me. He told me to tell you to tell Katie about Orlando. We do leave tomorrow.” Said Nick talking to AJ.


“ Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Katie we’re going to Orlando tomorrow morning and you’re coming with us.” Said AJ.


“ nice of you people to let me know. When do we leave?”


“ Umm. 5:30. I think.” Said Nick.


“ So I have to get up early?” asked Katie.


“ If you’re gonna work for us, you’ll have to get used to getting up early.” Said AJ


“ Hey, I’ve been getting up early for 10 years and I’m still not used to it.” Whined Nick.


“ Don’t mind him. I’ll get you up I you want.” AJ said wiggling his eyebrows.


“ AJ, you are a perve. I can get up, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stay awake.” Said Katie.


“ Don’t worry. You’ll stay awake. Trust me.” Said AJ.


“ Okay. Anyway, how long are we staying for?” said Katie


“ About 3 days to begin with. Then, if you get the job, someone will come back with you to get your stuff. You’ll be moving down to Orlando with us. You’ll most likely stay at one of our houses until you find a place, or you might want to stay there. My place is free. No rent. The truth is, you’re not gonna be home long enough to benefit from an apartment.” Said AJ.


“ Okay. So, I get the job, I move in with you, then what do we do?” asked Katie.


“ Well, we have practices every day for three weeks usually. Then, we go on tour. It’s as simple as that.” Said AJ.


“ Oooh. I can’t wait. I hope I get the job.” She said getting really excited.


“ don’t worry. You have the job already. Kev likes you, Fatima likes. You got it all set.” Said Nick.


“ Thanks. I better start packing.” She said


“ oh. Hey, Nick. Why don’t you go pick up some boxes from Fed-Ex and bring them over. We could start packing things up for her. Or, we could do it when we come back from Florida. Just so we have the boxes. Katie, you can pack for three days, and then we can pack the rest we when get back.” Said AJ.


Nick left to get boxes and AJ followed Katie into her room. She started packing and she said, “ What are you doing?”


“ Trying out your bed?”


“ Sure.”


“ okay, fine. I’m watching you pack.”


“ Fine. You can hold the bag.” She said coming out of her closet with some clothes.


She went back into the closet and asked, “ Do I need a bathing suit?”


“ It would be a good idea. I have a pool and a hot tub.” Said AJ.


They continued packing until she was done. AJ went into her studio while she carried her suitcase to the front door. She then went into her studio to see what he was doing.


“ Man. This stuff is awesome.” Said AJ looking over the sound equipment.


“ It was a gift from my brother.” Said Katie watching him in amusement. He looked like a kid in a candy store.


“ You have to bring this stuff down to my house with you.” Said AJ


“who said I was moving in with you?” asked Katie


“ You did.”


“ oh, that’s right. I forgot. It must have slipped my mind.” She said in mock seriousness.


She was watching him for awhile and she got an idea. She went over to AJ and said, “ turn it on and turn on one of your CD’s. I want you to teach me some of your dance routines.”


“ oh no you’re not. I don’t dance to this stuff unless I have too.”


“ well, you have to. So, let’s go.”


He sighed and put in Everybody. He went over to her and started explaining what they did first. He started the song and they became engrossed with each other. AJ loved dancing with her. He thought she was excellent. Not to mention that fact that she was beautiful. The song ended and he stopped the CD.


She walked up to him and said, “ you are a great teacher.”


“ I should be. I’ve been doing this routine for 9 years.” He said.


“ no really. You were great.”


“Thank you. It helps to have a great dancer as you to teach.”


“was that a compliment? From the great, hot, sexy AJ Mclean?”


“ Yeah. It was.”


“ I’m gonna faint.” She said as she fell to the ground.


“I guess I’ll just have to revive you.” He said as he knelt down. He put a hand on the floor on either side of her head.


She whispered, “ bring it on.”


They kissed softly at first. Then, it grew more passionate.