- Text Size +
CHAPTER 9


They settled back down for awhile. They were comfortable being next to each other.


Katie finally said, “ Hey, AJ?”


“ Yeah?” he said looking up from his book.


“ I have to tell you something.” She said.


“ Okay.” He said. He put his book down and looked at her.


She took his sunglasses off, held them in her hands, and said, “ That’s better.”


He smiled and said, “ what did you want to tell me?”


“ I want to say that last night I didn’t tell you the whole truth.”


“ What do you mean?”


“ When I told you that my father raped me, I wasn’t completely honest with you.”


“ Okay.” He said uneasily.


“ Now, don’t get mad at me.”


“ I promise I won’t.”


“ Okay. Before he… he entered me, I kicked him really hard.”


“ Shit. That’s cool.”


“ No, it was a stupid idea. If I had gone along with him, it would have been better. See he forced his member in my mouth and demanded that I give him oral. I did for a little while. Then, I bit down as hard as I could.”


“ Good going.”


“ He slapped me really hard and said that I would pay. He slammed my head into the wall and the next thing that I can remember is that I woke up in a hospital. My brother was there at my side. He told me that I was raped several times. He said that when he found me, I was bleeding badly. I guess I lost a lot of blood. He also told me that I was pregnant.”


“ I wasn’t expecting that.”


“ No shit. I wasn’t either. He told me that the doctor had given me an abortion.”


“ Okay.”


“ I just wanted to tell you the truth about it.”


“ I understand.”


“ I have something else to tell you. I didn’t mean to use that as an excuse last night. I’m not afraid of sleeping with guys. Not at all. It’s just that I don’t know if I want to get involved with you right now. I don’t know if I can handle all the pressure. I do want you to know, I plan on taking up the offer you made last night. It just might not be soon, okay?”


“ I can handle that.”


“ I’ll let you know, okay?”


“ Okay.”