- Text Size +
Darla

A/n: Hi everyone! To anyone reading my fic Fear Factor, I apologise for the very long delay, the chapter is still in the works, I have a huge block writing it and I'm sorry. I've decided to post this story here to share with you. It was written back in 14 April 2002 so I hope you like :)
I’ve heard about the disease, the government had taken all measures necessary in informing us about the seriousness of the issue. Ever since I was in grammar school, they had made us watched videos of how the disease could be infected to you and all the signs and symptoms that one would get. But the one thing that stuck in my mind was the fact that it cannot be cured. No medical breakthrough whatsoever and it had been there for more than twelve years. I’ve known of schoolmates who were reportedly infected with the disease and after that, I never see them again. Like they vanished from the surface of this earth. I never really stop to question anyone where they go. I was just too preoccupied with my own perfect life. The Darla Disease. That’s what they called it. Named after the first child that was infected with it. The child happen to be a girl and hence, the name. They call it the girl disease but guys are exposed to it too. You start with double visions, nausea, headaches, the usuals. That’s why it’s difficult to detect. People always think that you have a stomach flu or just a fever. But they’re wrong. Soon, you’ll break into fits of mild fever, then you get tired easily. You vomit more than you eat and this will go on for weeks, or months, or years, depending on your immune system. More advanced symptoms would be your nerve system breaks down, slowly at first, and then totally. You don’t know how to differentiate pains, they just exist within you. You feel ultimate pain to your joints, you won’t move much. Then your vision gets blurred, you’ll go blind, and if death loves you and sympathize with you, he will take you home soon, or else, you live this way until you die. Scary enough? If you’re between the age of 18 to 30, you will start to. Coz they seem to attack this group of people. If you are watching this and you are not yet 18, then take heed and listen carefully to what I have to tell you. It will save your lives. This will only take an hour of your precious time. Join me and let me show you the truth of how the public’s perception of all these innocents struck with a horrible disease is and their hope and sufferings. Join me, as I take you into the life of a victim. Welcome, to my world.