- Text Size +
Chapter 111

“It was nice to meet you,” Veronica smiled, following through the crowds of people. She’d spent the several minutes saying hi to the various people they met along the way.

It was a buzz backstage. People running here and there, cords all over the place, banging, pounding, and other assorted sounds swirled around her.

“I wanna introduce you to the rest of the guys, I’ve…Veronica? You ok?”

Veronica looked over to see Nick staring at her, concern in his eyes.

“Huh? Oh yeah I’m fine.”

“You looked a little freaked out,” he smiled.

“Sorry, it’s a bit overwhelming. I’ve never actually been backstage for something like this, it’s…amazing.”

“It loses its coolness fast trust me.”

“Well you’re used to it, it would, but for someone like me…”

Nick looked over at her, smiling suddenly. It was so refreshing to bring someone who all of it was new for to see the look of excitement and awe on their face. It almost made it a new experience for him, and he wanted it to be great for her. He hoped that the rest of the guys wouldn’t ruin it, specifically Kevin. Kevin had been so against it, he prayed that he wouldn’t treat Veronica any differently, not that he thought that low of Kevin, but still.

Veronica wiped her hand on her shorts, she was going to meet the rest of the guys, suddenly she felt very sick. It’d always been one of her dreams to meet Nick, let alone the rest of the guys. Of course she never figured either would happen, she never figured she’d ever start conversing with Nick Carter through the mail either. Shaking her head, she fought the sudden thought that she’d forgotten her cd liner to get their autographs. She almost laughed at the absurdity of it. She listened as Nick asked various people if they’d seen any of the guys, her anxiety growing.

“Yeah, Kevin is on stage, he’s talking to one of the techs,” Larry, one of grips advised Nick.

“Thanks Larry,” Nick sighed, looking out across the stage at Kevin who was talking heatedly to the tech about something. He looked over at Veronica and smiled. “C’mon, Kev’s over there.”

Veronica smiled shakily and allowed Nick to pull her across the stage to Nick, her anxiety had reached a fevered pitch, for some reason meeting him made her not only nervous, but apprehensive.

“Hey Kev,” Nick called, stopping behind him. He could feel the hesitation from Veronica and turned to look at her again, giving her a soft smile. “Relax baby, it’s ok.” He wouldn’t tell her he was as nervous as she was.

Kevin turned, smiling suddenly, “Hey Nick.”

“Hey, Kevin, this is Veronica. Veronica, Kevin.”

“Veronica, great to finally meet you,” Kevin grinned, offering his hand.

Veronica shook his hand, smiling, “Nice to meet you too Kevin.”

“Nick has talked about nothing else, you have no idea how excited he was that you were coming today,” Kevin laughed.

Veronica couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Shut up Kevin,” Nick blushed.

“So sorry Nick,” Kevin faked a serious expression, winking at Veronica.

“I’ll bet.”

“By the way Veronica,” Kevin started, his expression turning serious suddenly. “I wanted to give my condolences on your loss. I know how hard it is, just hang in there ok?”

Veronica smiled, “Thanks Kevin, I’m trying.”

“Let’s go Veronica, we’ll talk to ya later Kevin,” Nick sighed, secretly relieved Kevin was being so nice.

“Nice meeting you Veronica, I hope we can talk more later without the warden around,” Kevin smirked.

“Shut up!” Nick groaned, pulling Veronica away.

Veronica could barely stifle her laughter as Nick led her away.

“Now, let’s see if we can find A…Hey, what are you laughing at?”

“N-nothing!”

“Traitor,” Nick mumbled, and groaned when heard the laughter suddenly burst from Veronica.

Clearing his throat, Nick made his way off stage, heading into the dressing rooms.

“AJ! AJ you in here?”

“Maybe…”

“Come out, there’s someone I want you to meet,” Nick announced.

AJ made his way out, clad in nothing but boxers.

“AJ!”

“What?”

“Put some clothes on!” Nick screamed.

“You said there was someone you wanted me to meet,” AJ reasoned, looking over at Veronica who was now blushing a colorful shade of red.

“AJ you ass, you knew I meant Veronica! Put something on…now!”

“Fine, but you were the one who came in here; it’s a dressing room for a reason Nick!” AJ announced, turning to head back into the room.

Veronica could feel her face burning; she looked up at Nick and then away quickly, trying to hide a smile.

“Uh huh, I’m sure you enjoyed that didn’t you?”

She bit her lip, fighting off another wave of giggles.

“I don’t know about you Veronica,” Nick laughed.

“Ok I’m back and I’m decent,” AJ announced. He’d put jeans on, and that was it.

“AJ…really,” Nick sighed.

“What? I’m dressed. Veronica I assume,” he looked at Veronica, smiling.

She nodded offering her hand, “Yeah, nice to meet you.”

“AJ Veronica, Veronica, AJ,” Nick offered.

“Great to meet you sweetie, Nick’s been talking everyone’s ear off about you, it’s cool to finally meet the woman who’s gotten our little Nicky all riled up,” AJ smirked.

“Bone I swear…” Nick grated out, blushing once again.

Grinning Veronica chuckled, “Thanks AJ, nice to meet you too.”

“Well I hate to cut this short, but I need to finish getting dressed, cause despite what some think, it is more convenient to dress in an actual room and not on a bus,” AJ smiled.

“Bye AJ,” Nick called, pulling Veronica away.

“Later, nice meeting you Veronica.”

Veronica gave him a small wave. “He’s really nice.”

“Mmmhmm,” Nick muttered. “Howie, Howie is nice, AJ is…well…”

“Unique.”

“That’s putting it lightly,” Nick winked.

They made their way across the stage again catching up with Howie by one of the various refreshment tables that had been set up.

“Yo Howie, there’s someone I want you to meet,” Nick announced, stopping behind Howie.

Howie turned, smiling, “Let me guess, Veronica right?”

Veronica blushed, offering her hand. “Guilty as charged.”

Howie shook her hand, “I’ve heard so much about you from Nick, he hasn’t…”

“Ok, we don’t need to hear it. I just wanted to introduce you. Have you seen Brian?” Nick interrupted.

“What’s the rush? Maybe I’d like to get to know Veronica a bit,” Howie winked.

“Later, where’s Brian?”

Veronica cleared her throat, “It’s nice to meet you Howie, this is all a bit overwhelming.”

“I bet it is, and it’s nice to meet you too. Last I saw Brian he was in the rec room with Leighanne,” Howie explained, looking over at Nick.

“Cool, well we’ll talk to you later Howie,” Nick announced.

“Fine keep her all to yourself, I’ll talk to her later,” Howie smirked.

Nick shot Howie a look before leading Veronica away.

“Bye Howie,” she called.

Howie gave her a wave and a smile before turning back to the table.

“It seems like we just left here,” Nick sighed, leading her back to the room in which they’d started, poking his head in. “Brian! Veronica’s here…”

“Oh yeah? Bring her in,” came the accent tinged voice.

Veronica followed Nick in, smiling as she made her way over to Brian. “Hi Brian, nice to meet you.”

“Hey Veronica, Nick’s told me a lot about you, it’s great to finally meet you,” Brian grinned, shaking her hand.

“Same here.”

“You just missed Leighanne, she stepped away to call and check on Baylee, you can meet her at the concert tonight or I’m sure you’ll probably see her around before then.”

“Yeah, I’m sure I will.”

“Well if ya’ll excuse me, there’s some things I gotta do, but I’ll see ya later. Nice to meet ya Veronica,” Brian winked.

“You too!”

She watched as Brian made his way out of the room before turning to look at Nick.

“They’re all so nice; this is so cool, thanks so much for all of this Nick.”

“Veronica it’s no problem, you deserved this, and besides, I wanted you to meet the guys and my friends. This is just as exciting for me as it is for you.”

She grinned, “So I’ve heard.”

Nick could feel his face burning, “Anyway, c’mon, I wanna show you my bus.”

Veronica stared at him

“What? I just want you to see it, we can chill and relax, catch up.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes,” he sighed, rolling his eyes.

She chuckled, “Let’s go Carter.”