- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I particularly love the way this chapter turned out, it was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!
Chapter 130

He kissed her deeply, rocking his hips against hers gently, groaning softly. Nick rolled them quickly so she rested atop of him, sliding his hands up and under her shirt, pushing it off and tossing it to the ground. The girl giggled, bending over, kissing his chest gently. Nick closed his eyes, sighing softly. He should’ve been enjoying this and maybe on some level he was, but mostly he just wanted it to be over already.

Reaching out, she took his arms, wrapping them around her. “Hold me?”

He shook his head, trying to stifle the soft voice that he suddenly heard in his head. His eyes slowly opened as the girl started to unbuckle his jeans, pulling the zipper down. Nick struggled suddenly with a nagging thought that this was wrong all of a sudden.

“God, I’ve been dying to see you again Nick, you don’t know how many times I’ve dreamed of this, of feeling you again,” the girl whispered.

Nick licked his lips slowly, staring up at the ceiling blindly, he wished he could say the same about her, but he’d be lucky if he’d remember her name after this. Slowly he looked down, watching as she pulled his jeans off, sitting up slowly.

“Leeza…”

She leaned in suddenly, kissing him deeply as she reached out, rubbing him through his boxers. Nick squeezed his eyes shut, shifting uncomfortably. He waited, waited for that feeling that always came, should’ve come whenever something like what was happening, happened, but it didn’t, but the memories kept coming.

“Veronica…”

He didn’t know what he wanted to say, but he knew that if she wanted him to, he would stop. He also knew that if she wanted him, he would take her, have her because he needed this, needed her. Nick wanted so much for her, more than he’d ever wanted for anyone else. And he did want this; he wanted this moment, this night with her too. Nick wished for more, for something he shouldn’t be and he knew it was too late for him.


Groaning loudly, he opened his eyes to find Leeza watching him expectantly.

“Have you got anything?”

He nodded, reaching over, grabbing the small foil packet from the bedside table, handing it to her.

“Leeza, look…”

“Shh, just lay back and enjoy,” Leeza smiled, pushing him back on the bed. Scooting back, she tugged at his boxers, pulling them off. She tore the package open and turned to him, stilling suddenly.

Rubbing at his eyes, Nick slowly sat up.

“Uhh, Nick? You ok?”

“Fuck…yeah, yeah I’m fine.”

“So then…”she looked down and then back up at him again.

“Sorry just give me a second.”

“Aww baby, you’re probably still stressed from the concert aren’t you?” Leeza replied softly, leaning in to kiss him again, reaching out, taking him in her hand, stroking him gently.

He tried, he tried hard to get into it, to feel anything, but he just couldn’t.

“Hold onto me Veronica…I‘ll take you there,” Nick murmured, brushing his lips over hers. He felt her hold on him tighten and he started to move. It was amazing and so unlike anything he’d felt before. It was stronger, truer…perfect.

Nick broke the kiss, sighing heavily.

“What’s wrong? You’re not even…I mean…”

“I know I know,” he muttered, clearing his throat.

“So what’s up? You’ve never had a problem before, c’mon…”

“I’m sorry Leeza; I’m not sure what’s going on with me tonight, I guess I just have a lot on my mind.”

She stared at him, “Never stopped you before.”

He shrugged, “I guess it’s just really getting to me this time.”

It seemed like the logical excuse, but in his heart, he knew that wasn’t it, but he also knew he didn’t know what it was either.

Leeza blinked, “Ok, so now what?”

“Well…I am kinda tired.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me, so this is it?”

He looked away, “I’m really sorry, but I need to get some sleep.”

“You’re not even gonna try? Let me distract you; you know I’m good at that. I brought some stuff with me, handcuffs and whatever, that always seems to do it for you, let me get em from my pur…”

“Nah, it’s ok Leeza, I think I just need to sleep.”

“I don’t believe this, you’re a prick, you know that?!” She screamed, sliding off the bed, starting to redress.

Nick groaned, “Leeza c’mon, I said I was sorry.”

“Whatever, screw you, oh I forgot, apparently no one is gonna be screwing anything. I’m outta here,” she yelled, grabbing her coat and storming out.

Slipping off the bed, he grabbed his boxers and slowly pulling them on before slumping back on the bed, sighing heavily. He’d like to say that that had been a first for him, but it hadn’t. Granted it didn’t happen often and most definitely not lately, but for some reason, this time, he hadn’t been able to. Over the last several weeks, he’d been back to a lot of his old ways, and he’d managed to form some kind of interest, but it’d been hard even then.

Tonight had been different though, tonight he hadn’t been able to pretend, hadn’t been able to block the images and the sounds from that night from his mind. He kept hearing her voice. Closing his eyes, he tried to relax; he really did need to get some sleep.

He could hold back no longer, “Veronica…I…I’m sorry…” he whimpered, thrusting harder, faster now. He’d wanted to be here so bad, for so long and she was everything he’d dreamed she’d be.

“Y-yes…yes…”


Shifting, Nick rolled onto his side.

“Sleep baby,” he whispered, kissing her forehead gently. Nick pulled her to him and he could tell she was already asleep. He waited for that feeling, that need to bolt like he always did, but it never came. He felt completely content to stay right there, his body pressed so close to hers. All those nights he’d dreamt of her here, lying beside him. How many times had he pretended that the girl in bed with him was Veronica? How many? Nick had lost count. Now, now it had finally happened, and he didn’t want the moment to end.

“Fuck!! Damnit!” He sat up, he couldn’t stop it. He rubbed furiously at his eyes, but it wouldn’t stop the images. It’d seemed to have gotten worse now that she had a boyfriend, he found himself thinking about her and those two nights more than ever. He could still feel her below him, around him. Nick swore he could smell her sent, taste her lips on his. He shifted again, groaning as a rush of desire swept over him. God what he wouldn’t give for one more moment, to slide into her and get lost in her softness, in her warmth.

Slowly he opened his eyes, looking down, apparently it wasn’t Leeza that he needed for his body to be interested.