- Text Size +
Chapter 154

Nick looked up as he saw Veronica make her way down the stairs, quickly hanging up with Brian. Smiling, he watched as Veronica made her way over and sat down next to him on the couch.

“Enjoy your shower?”

“Very much thanks.”

“Cool, well I hope you enjoyed yourself today,” Nick announced.

“I did! That was so great Nick thanks, I got a lot of nice pictures that I can show my Mom and friends at work when I go home,” Veronica smiled.

Nick felt his heart drop, he didn’t want to think about her going home.

“Yeah, I’m glad to hear it.”

She smiled again and he cleared his throat.

“I just got off the phone with Brian and unfortunately he just told me we have a last minute TV interview tomorrow. I checked my voicemail and our publicist left me a message. It’s tomorrow morning.”

“Yeah? It kinda sucks that it’s last minute huh?”

“Oh yeah, I hate when they pull this shit, kinda like that promo crap I had to do last year remember? When I had to go to Germany.”

She nodded, “Yup, I remember.”

“So yeah, I gotta go in the morning.”

“Ok.”

“I want you to come.”

Veronica blinked, “Really?”

“Absolutely. I want you there and the guys wanna see you too.”

She grinned, “It’d be nice to see them.”

“Yup, I don’t wanna leave ya here all alone.”

“I wouldn’t mind ya know.”

“That’s no fun, besides, I really want you there.”

Blushing, she nodded, “Ok, so long as I won’t be in the way.”

“In the way? Please, we always bring girlfriends and wives and stuff,” Nick shrugged.

Veronica stared at him, smiling when he realized what he’d said.

“Well ya know, Brian and Kev bring their wives and…”

She chuckled, “I know what ya meant.”

“Yeah,” he mumbled.

“Wanna watch some TV?”

He nodded, picking up the remote and flipping the tv on. He looked over at her for a moment before scooting closer, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her tight against him. Nick inhaled sharply when he felt her scoot in even closer, resting her head on his shoulder, sighing softly.

“Mmm, god you smell good,” he groaned, shifting against his suddenly tighter jeans.

Veronica chuckled, “Thanks.”

“Mmmm damn,” he sighed, turning his head and burying his face in her hair, giving her a gentle squeeze.

She stilled, her eyes widening. “Wow Nick.”

“I missed your smell, everything while you were gone,” he whispered.

Her mouth dropped, “Really?”

“Hell yeah, you’re a hard person to get over.”

She pulled away to look at him, “You were trying to get over me?”

“Well I mean ya know…you were gone and I was trying to ya know…go on and like…not think about…try to focus on…”

Her eyes widened again when she realized he was blushing.

“Relax Nick,” she laughed.

He have her a half smile, “I walked right into that huh? I didn’t mean it the way it sounded. It’s just…sometimes I get caught up in remembering you and being with you that I get distracted. It’s not good in the middle of an interview or while we’re recording.”

“I’m sure Kevin loves that,” she chuckled.

“You know it,” he winked.

Shaking her head, she rested against him again as they continued to watch TV. A couple of hours later, Veronica could barely keep her eyes open.

“I’m sorry Nick, but I think I’m gonna head to bed, I’m half asleep,” she whispered, stretching and slowly sitting up, putting a hand to her head to try to ease the dizziness that had consumed her.

“Aww baby, ya look exhausted.”

“It’s been a long exciting day, that’s for sure.” She stood and then looked down at him, “Night Nick.”

Nick stood quickly, turning the TV off. “I’m coming too.”

“Aww you don’t have to go to bed if you’re not tired.”

“Nah it’s cool, I’m pretty beat myself.”

They made their way upstairs and both headed to their respective rooms, when Nick stopped suddenly and turned to look at Veronica.

“Why don’t you come to my room and stay with me tonight?”

She nodded, yawning, “Ok, be there in a minute, gotta get my robe and brush my teeth.”

Hurrying into his room he brushed his teeth and stripped down to his boxers before sliding into the bed. He watched as Veronica made her way into his room, setting her robe down on one of the chairs and made her way over to the bed, slipping under the covers.

He couldn’t stand it any longer, reaching out, he pulled her into his arms and slid further under the covers. Nick knew it was wrong, but he wanted her so bad, he didn’t know if he should try to start something. Drawing his bottom lip into his mouth, he chewed it thoughtfully. He didn’t want to seem like he was pressuring her or…

Suddenly her body relaxed against his, falling away a bit. He heard her soft breathing, pulling away a bit, he smiled softly, she’d fallen asleep. Chuckling a bit, he leaned in, kissing her lips lightly.

“I love you Veronica, good night,” he whispered before burying his face in her neck, sliding his hand below the covers and bringing her leg up and over his hip before bringing his hand up and wrapping it around her waist, drawing her tight up against his body, holding her protectively.

A short time later he was asleep.