- Text Size +
Chapter 162

Veronica shifted a bit, bringing her legs up a little closer under her. They’d made their way back from AJ’s almost an hour ago and were now watching TV. She had really enjoyed herself today, it was great spending time with everyone and being able to hang out with Nick and his friends had been really relaxing. She didn’t really have anyone at home to hang out with, Lynne was difficult because they were so different, and since the whole thing with Nick had started.

She knew Lynne was worried about her, but it was really hard hearing over and over that Nick was a user who would drop her whenever he felt like it. Veronica knew it was a very real possibility, but she didn’t need Lynne reminding her of it all the time, she needed someone to support and encourage her, and she didn’t have that. Leighanne and Kristen, even Laureen and Julie had been amazing, the problem was she couldn’t see them all the time. They could keep in touch, but there was nothing like being able to actually hang out, granted with Leighanne it’d be just a bit harder because of her son, but with Julie and Laureen, it’d be nice to be able to hang out and feel like she was a part of something.

Sighing, she buried her face in Nick’s neck, inhaling deeply. God she loved his scent, it was so familiar and comforting now, she really was going to miss it.

“Hey, you ok?”

She nodded, trying to pull herself out of her self-imposed funk. She sighed again when she felt Nick rub her arm gently.

“Veronica, can I ask you a question?”

Again she nodded.

“Well it’s just…I mean I don’t wanna assume, but have you ever…ummm…had any kind of fantasy about me?”

She blinked, slowly lifting her head to look at him, “Huh?”

He winced, “I know this is going to sound extremely arrogant, and I don’t mean it to, but I don’t know any other way to word it. I know…you were…are uhh…I mean I know sometimes fans have fantasies about certain famous people, I know I do. Anyway, I was just wondering if you had any involving me.”

“Ummm…”

“If you didn’t it’s cool, I just…ya know,” he blushed.

“Well…I…well sure, of course I have,” she finished.

His face lit up, “Really?”

“Yeah, kind of. I mean, I think everyone has at least one fantasy about a celebrity they like,” she shrugged, resting her head against his chest again.

“Will you tell me one?” Nick asked suddenly.

She stilled, “Tell you one?”

“Yeah.”

“Where’s this coming from all of a sudden?”

“I was just wondering.”

“C’mon Nick, stop playin’”

He frowned, “I’m not, I’m being serious. If you have one, I‘d really like to know what it is.”

Veronica looked up at him again, “Nick, I couldn‘t do that.”

“Yes you could.”

“No Nick, I couldn’t. You never tell those things to the actual people, it could never happen, that’s why they’re fantasies.”

“I don’t see why it couldn’t, I mean…I’m here, I could make it happen. Wouldn’t you want that?” He asked softly, looking over at her.

“No one ever thinks of fantasies really happening, I’ve never thought of it actually happening. No, I can’t tell you Nick, most fans wouldn‘t say anything given the opportunity.”

“C’mon Veronica, you’re not just a fan anymore, you’re more than that. Please…tell me.”

She looked away, she couldn’t tell him.

Nick sighed heavily before leaning in, kissing her cheek gently.

“I’m gonna head up and get ready for bed ok?” He whispered before standing and making his way up the stairs.

Veronica listened to him leave, reaching out she grabbed the remote and turned the TV off, slumping back against the couch. She felt like a major ass. Again she’d had the chance to prove that she trusted him and she’d shown him that she didn’t. She didn’t know how she was going to ever get anywhere with anyone without letting herself trust. The relationship with Nick was so precarious that one slip up and it could all be over. She didn’t want to have the last few days together be spent in uncomfortable silence.

She really did trust him, way more than she wanted to admit.

Taking a deep breath she stood and slowly made her way upstairs and then down the hall. She stopped by his door and found him lying on the bed, staring up at the ceiling, his head resting on his arms. She hesitated only a moment before making her way in and over to the bed climbing on and laying down next to him. She stilled when one of his arms came down, wrapping around her a bit.

Veronica closed her eyes, clearing her throat suddenly.

“We’re on a private beach somewhere at night. There’s these ya know tiki torches set up around, and there’s a blanket and music playing and we’re just kinda sitting there talking and hanging out and drinking champagne. You ask if you can draw my picture and I’m nervous at the thought of you studying me so closely, but I agree because I’m just so happy to be near you. Afterwards, you show me the picture and you tell me that you’re gonna keep it in your room over the head of your bed so that…” she hesitated a minute before continuing, her face flaming. “So that it would be like I was in the room with you even when I can’t be. Then you ask me to dance, and we do, right there under the moonlight with the sound of the water lapping against sand and it’s…just perfect.” She stopped, biting her lip.

There was silence in the room for a moment before Nick pulled her tighter against him, kissing her forehead gently and whispered “Thank you” into the quiet.