- Text Size +
'I canīt take this!' Nick felt desperate. His head felt all fuzzy and he had trouble focusing on his surroundings,cold sweat running down his back. His throat was so sore and thick that every breath was so painful. It ached and he panted heavily getting Brian's concerned glance at him.

"You okay?" Brian asked, covering his mike.

Was he okay? He didnīt know. Every bone in his body hurt and it become harder to breathe every minute. Was he having a heart attack? Had he really done it this time? Nick's mind was working overdrive as he desperately tried to stand up straight.

But he wanted to hunch over. His nuts were aching so much and the nausea....

Nick groaned into his mike.

Brian gave Nick and reassuring pat on his shoulder. "It'll be over soon!"

The next minutes passed in slow motion. Nick could hear himself singing, but not registering the words that he said. The next time he came to his senses the show was over.

"Bye for now. We love you!"

The crowed cheered being close to extasy! With that Nick could feel Brian take his hand and he bowed. Like he had done so many times before. Even more screams followed.

Bad idea. The motion set his stomach into spinning. Again. He moaned, oh no not this too. Bile rose in his throat at a furious speed and he coughed hard to keep it down. He had to get off stage. Fast, before he passed out or threw up. Or both.

Yet he waited for the signal. Finally Kevin ran off followed by AJ, Howie and Brian. Nick was the last one to get off stage. He could feel his legs moving. In autopilot. Somehow he managed to plaster on a pale smile before running down the stairs.

'Get out off my way,' Nick blindly took the stairs in two steps. His stomach was calling his name, or more likely shouted since it had come down to Twist and Shout. Again. Putting his hand to his mouth he hoped to stall off the worst. This would be the third time in two hours. It was starting to becoming a habit. A bad one.

'Let me make it..please!!!'

"Elvis has left the building," AJ laughed as Nick ran past him in high speed, knocking the skinny man against the wall in the process.

"Hey, look were youīre going!" AJ snapped. His mood had changed drastically.

But Nick had no intention to stop due to more pressing matters. He stopped abruptly at the backstage toilet, threw the door open and fell down beside the commode. Closing his eyes, he let it go. Heaving like there was no tomorrow.

"Shit, Nick." AJ ran after his friend, noticing the distress he was in. The sounds that followed in the small bathroom had him wincing and he kicked the door shut, leaving the guy with some privacy.

"Is that Nick?" Kevin nodded towards the bathroom door, while toweling himself off. He had sweated up a storm.

"Yeah, he is hurling, poor bastard," He winced as the sound of someone being very sick was heard through the paper thin walls.

"Again?" Brian looked worried, walking over to the door, about to knock when AJ stopped him.

"Donīt," he shook his head. "Nick is feeling bad enough as it is."

"He left the stage twice" Howie had joined the conversation after drowning himself with a full water bottle.

Brian frowned. What drugs could Nick be using? He had called Leiganne upon his suspicion earlier this evening, but she had said that she didnīt think that he was using anything. She had told him to relax. Still Brian wasnīt too sure.

"I thought that he was gonna blow chunks. That would have been some stage effect. Gastropyronetic display!"

"Ajeee you are sick!" Howie looked disgusted, not too found of his band members descriptive way of telling stories.

AJ glared at Howie, making no comment.

"Nick has been acting strange all day." Brian had been sitting quiet, pondering over the situation. "One time he is really hyper and the other time he is really low."

"Yeah but that is Kaos," Kevin sighed.

"True. Still he has been making some pretty wierd comments."

"Yeah like he is delierious or something," AJ agreed to Howie.

The boys were debating Nicks strange behavior and decreasing health as Nick was inside wrestling with his innards.

"Please God, let me die." he moaned as dry heaves wracked his body. 'I will eat my lettuce if you let this stop' he pleaded to himself. Getting his head out of the commode he felt dizziness wash over him again. His stomach had decided to give him a break. However his balls had not. Cupping his hands around them he tried to sooth the blinding pain.

How could something so small hurt so much??? What was wrong with his testicles? They as his whole body felt so hot. Somehow he managed to stand up, leaning heavily against the small sink. In blindly he reached the door knob. He had to get some fresh air before he passed out.

His ears rang in that tale sensation that a fainting was to be expected, yet he managed to walk out of the door. The boys were debating something and he could hear his name being mentioned again. Yet he didnīt care. The charade was over. He couldnīt stand it anymore.

"I donīt feel so good." Nick could hear himself utter, in a weak voice. He staggered, trying to get something to hold on to, failing he could feel his legs give in and then everything went black.....

"Niiickk!" Brian shouted as he moved over to keep his friend from falling. Too late. Nick hit the floor with a thud.

"What the?" The rest of the boys hurried over to their young member. Nick looked like death. He was white as a sheet and his neck was so swollen that he reminded them of a bloated corpse.

"Shit what has he done to himself?" AJ blurted out in suprise. "How the hell did he managed to get so fat? Look at his neck!"

Brian glared at him. Not saying a word.

"Get me some paper towels. Wet ones." Kevin barked, giving out orders. Howie leapt to the bathroom.

Meanwhile Brian hunched down beside his friend, frowning. What was the matter with Frack? Had he taken an overdose or what???

Stroking his sweaty hair he got suddenly knew what was the problem. He was sick. Really sick. Breathing an sigh of relief he stated "He's burning up!"

Kevin, frowning felt on the blonde's forehead. "He has a high fever!"

Nick moaned, starting to come to his senes.

"Shouldnīt we call a doctor?"

Kevin thought for a while. He knew that management didnīt want any more headlines and getting even more attantion to Nick was not something that they needed. Besides he was just sick with the flu or something and getting medical attention could only add to the drug rumor. "Not for now," he decided.

Howie came out with a towel, putting it on Nick's forehead. Nick grunted as he felt the coolness on his burning skin.

"Wha..where am I?" he winced, grabbing his head in pain. He grimaced badly since it hurt like the worst hangover. Looking up he saw four pair of eyes staring down at him, concerned.

"You passed out," Brian said softly, " How are you feeling?"

"Like shit!" Nick tried to sit up, but was forced back gently by his friend. " Donīt."

With that he closed his eyes again. It felt good to lay down, even if it was like someone was tap dancing in his skull. The nausea had reduced again and he could almost focus on the surroundings although it was still a bit blurry.

"What happened?" Bruce had decided to make an entrance.

"Nick passed out!"

"Oh!" That would shut Bruce up for a while, but not for long. Obviously Bruce was still upset over Nick's recent behavoir and he was not going to let the boy off easily.

"He probably exhausted himself at the show."

"He is sick!!!" Brian was starting to loose his temper.

"Nothing that a few hours sleep wonīt cure." Bruce said in a chipper mood. "Take him back to the hotel and..and I can cancel the meet and greet for tonight. For him!"

"Meet and greet? Are you out of your fucking mind?" this time AJ had something to say and he didnīt put it midly."You are running a schedule on us like we were some sort of fucking animals at a zoo!"

"Calm down," Howie was as always trying to smooth the situation, but AJ had too much off an temper to stop.

"Canīt you see that the boy is fucking dying and that he needs medical attention!" AJ had a habit of saying fucking after almost every word when he was upset.

"Take it easy Alexander," Bruce hissed, trying to look calm. He turned his attention towards Kevin "As I said get Nicky back and then you have work to do. Comprende?" He set his eyes in all of the boys.

There were silent in the room, except for AJīs cussing. With that Bruce left the room.

Nick who was starting to be more aware of the situation sat up. "Hey Iīm all better now."

"No you are not." Kevin said softly, "Bruce is right you are going back to the hotel."

"Iīll take him" Brian offered.

"No, you are needed here. I can take him." Kevin was acting like a father figure. Clearly Nick's faltering health had him all shook up.

"Donīt treat me like a baby. I can do this myself" Nick hissed. He was trying to stand up, when his legs gave out from under him again and he sank down on the floor into a slumped position.

"Nick you can hardly stand. I donīt think that you are in any position to be the judge of that." Kevin's voice was firm.

Groaning, Nick held his head in his hands. Oh why could he never win?