- Text Size +
My mouth dropped open when I came face to face with this person. They always say you have a twin somewhere, either I was looking right at Brian Littrell, or this guy was a dead ringer for him. I quickly stole a glance at his id badge, curious to place a name for this look-a-like.

"Why the hell are you so damned insistant on what my name is?" the guy hissed at me. He pulled it away from his shirt. "Look, see! Satisfied?"

He practically shoved the badge in my face, he obviously a little pissed off at me. There it was, in bold letters: ALEX

I smirked at the irony of the name, but I was also relieved to not see BRIAN pasted on the laminated badge.

"You're an ass," Alex declared as he stood up and walked past me.

"Thanks, been told that before," I retorted as I watched him walk out of the room. I was still amazed at how much he looked like Brian, but I was even more amazed that his mannerisms mimmicked AJ's.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you, you have a visitor!"

"Huh?" I replied as I looked past the nurse at the clock on the wall.

"I know it's late, but I think due to the circumstances, they are overlooking the time and allowing the visit. Follow me, I'll take you to the visitation room."

I could barely keep up with the nurse that was leading me down the hall towards the visitation room. She acted excited over something.

“I’ve never confessed this to a soul, but I’m a huge fan of you guys, I always have been,” the woman gushed.

I looked at her back, perplexed. This was too damn weird hearing this from a woman old enough to be my mom. I glanced over my shoulder praying that someone was following us. Millions of thoughts - all of them not good thoughts - sprung into my paranoid brain. Things like: is it possible for a guy to be raped by a woman, what if she forces herself on me, and why were they out of sliced peaches when I was next in line at lunch. I was disappointed to see that the hallway was dark and empty, it was me and psycho nurse.

“Here we go!”

I froze in my tracks as she gestured to the open double doors to the room. I stared at he for a moment, wondering what her intentions were. Her only response was gesturing with her head for me to enter the room.

I walked around her at an obvious distance, thinking “defensive driving” thoughts: if she comes at me, turn around and run; aim to the right shoulder. I looked into the room and my mouth instantly dropped.

“Nick.....oh god, Nick.”