- Text Size +
I did what AJ said and woke up at 11:30 the next morning.I didn't waste any time getting ready. I pulled the clothes, hairbrush, and makeup out of my bag (Nope, still haven't unpacked.), and went towards the bathroom.

I heard AJ's radio alarm in his room and figured he was trying to sleep through it. What an idiot. I banged on his door.

"What?" I heard him mumble, "Go awaaaay!"

"Quit your whining and get your lazy ass up!" I told him.

Satisfied with myself for being mean to him before his day even started, I skipped off to the bathroom. As I turned on the wayer I heard AJ's door open. Hee hee hee. I'm so evil. Well he shoulda been awake already.

I stayed in the shower for about twenty minutes. I had to look good for the AAAH! BACKSTREET BOYS! I LOVE YOU...JUSTIN! Justin, isn't it? The "hot blonde" one? Or is it Drew? I don't know...

I quickly changed and as I was brushing my hair the doorbell rang.

"Kelly, can you get that?" AJ called from his bathroom where he was showering. (AN: Get your mind outta the gutter! There ain't enough room for yours, too. Mine is taking up too much space...)

"No!" I called back.

"Come on, Kel! I can't leave them out there!"

"I am doing my hair!" I yelled, "It ain't my fault your damn friends come over so early, and you don't get up early enough!"

"Just answer the door! You don't even have to say anything to them!" AJ pleaded.

I slammed my hairbrush down and quickly put my hair into the messiest ponytail ever. Then I swung the door open just as the doorbell rang again. Impatient people...

I took my time walking down the stairs and through the front hall to the door. After I opened the door, I just turned around and began walking back upstairs without saying anything to them. Hey, AJ said I didn't have to.

"Key, Kel. Is that you?" One of them asked.

"No," I lied, not turning around, "I'm just Mr. McLean's maid." I walked upstairs and back into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, as I was brushing my hair out, AJ came by the bathroom and said, "Thanks."

"Just doing my duties as your new slave!" I told him.

After I finished in the bathroom I picked up all of my stuff and hauled it into my room.

"Daddy?" I jumped as I heard a small voice in the hall.

I turned around and saw a little boy standing in front of my door, looking down the hall. He noticed me and asked, "Have you seen my daddy?"

"No. Do you want me to help you look for him?" I asked the little boy.

He nodded. He looked about three or four years old with messy blonde hair and blue eyes. He reminded me of Derek a little bit.

I walked over to him and knelt down so that we were eye level. "What's your name?" I asked him.

"Denver." He answered in the quiet voice that he had.

"Okay Denver. Let's go find your daddy." I said.

I stood up and Denver decided to grab my hand with his sticky fingers. We looked in all of the bedrooms, bathrooms, and even the storage closer but we didn't see him anywhere.

That's when I realized I didn't even know who his dad was! But I knew that he would be able to point him out when we came across him.

As we walked down the stairs, Denver started to cry. "My daddy left me here!" He said.

"No he didn't. He's probably looking for you right now." I assured him.

"No cuz I was bad and Daddy got mad at me." Denver said.

"He probab;y forgot all about it by now." I assured him, "Don't worry. We'll find him."

We walked down the hall when I heard voices coming from the kitchen. "Do you think your daddy's in there?" I asked him, pointing to the kitchen.

Denver shrugged. I decided to check. So I took Denver, who was still crying, into the kitchen. Inside were AJ and two of the other Backstreet Boys: Nick and Howie...I think.

"Daddy!" Denver telled.

He let go of my hand and ran over to Nick. Well I should have figured. They look exactly the same! It was like Mini Nick. Scary...

"Denver, where'd ya go buddy?" Nick asked, hugging Denver who was clinging to his leg.

I turned around and began to leave when AJ said, "Hey Kelly. I want you to meet these two."

I turned around and said, "I already know who they are."

"Yeah, but you've never met them." AJ said.

"Um...so?" I asked.

"So...you have to." AJ told me.

I smiled and looked at Nick and Howie. "I have no intention of seeing them again, so what's the point?"

"The point is, you have to learn to be nice once in a while and learn to care about something else besides yourself." AJ told me.

"Like who? Like what?" I asked, "You? Like you've been saying the whole time I've been here?"

"Yes, me. Even though you don't want me to be I am your father and you do have to listen to me." AJ said.

"No I don't." I said, just as the other guys came into the kitchen, "You were never around, so you may be my father, but you'll never actually be my father."

"Maybe we should leave." Nick said, taking Denver's hand.

"No. no. You can stay. I'm going to leave." I said.

"And go where?" AJ asked me.

"I met some guys," I told him, "I'm gonna go see them."

I walked out of the kitchen and AJ followed me, "Wait, what guys? When did you meet...whoa whoa whoa! Are they who you were with all day?"

"Yup. And all night." I told him.

"Hell no, Kel. I am not letting you go out with a bunch of guys that I've never even met." AJ said.

I walked up the stairs and said, "I don't care if you're going to let me or not. I'm going."

"But what if something happens to you?" AJ asked, sounding concerned, "I don't want any of these guys hurting you."

I ignored him and started running up the rest of the stairs. Why would he care if I got hurt? Like he said last night, he wished he could send me back with my mom. If I got hurt my mom would never trust him again and I'd get to leave.

"Kelly, get over here." AJ said. I could hear his footsteps quickening up the stairs coming after me.

I ran to my room and as soon as I got in, I slammed the door and locked it. I knew he had a key, but considering how stupid he was, it's probably take him a few minutes to remember.

I put on my shoes and grabbed my wallet. I had a feeling that I would be out for a few hours, and I was planning on telling Chris and them to show me where there was a bus stop.

I slowly opened my door and stuck my head out. AJ was leaning against the wall waiting for me. I sighed and opened my door the rest of the way.

"Stay here. I don't want you leaving and not coming back." AJ said.

"I don't care what you want. And I am not staying." I said.

"Fine, leave. See if I care. Go see those guys, stay out all night. Whatever. Turn out like me and your mom." AJ said.

"Oh, you mean unhappy because you were stupid and couldn't keep your pants on? Trust me, I'm not about to make the same mistake as you." I told him.

I walked downstairs and for once, AJ didn't follow me. Finally, he's losing interest in ruining my life.

The other guys were sitting in the living room when I ran outside the front door. I jumped back when I saw Nick sitting on the front step. He was watching as Denver played in the yard. He turned around and saw me. "Oh, hey Kelly." He said.

"Hi," I muttered, "I was just about to leave."

"How bout you and me talk instead?" He asked.

"I'd much, much rather not." I said.

"Come on. I want to talk to you. Catch up. I haven't seen you since you were a baby." He said.

"Eew...Don't talk about when I was a baby. I was an ugly baby."

Nick laughed. "You were not. You were cute. Everybody loved you."

"That sure did change." I said sitting next to Nick on the step.

"What do you mean?" Nick asked.

"That whole cute thing went away pretty quick for one. And, well, no one really gives a crap what I do anymore. Especially AJ. He pretends to care, but I can tell that it's all just an act." I explained.

"No...that's not true. AJ cares. He's just got a weird way of showing it."

"A screwed way if you ask me."

"Just give him time. He'll come around. Just like I'm sure you will, too."

I laughed. "No, I won't." I jumped up and said, "Well, I gotta go do something. Anything..."

"Okay, bye."

I ran off.