- Text Size +
Chris walked me home that night. It wasn't too late. Only about 7:30. I'd run into him earlier that day and we'd hung out. Evan and Jordan were grounded (They obviously don't care to sneak out like Jared. Goodie-two-shoes...), and Paul had "obligations" to be with his girlfriend. It was their anniversary. So Chris was a loner until she saw me.

We hung out at his house most of the time. No one was there with him. His mom and step dad were both at work, and his older sister was visiting California for the summer. Chris and I had talked a lot that day. We got to know each other a lot better. I told him my story about how either my dad had bailed when I was little, or that my mom took me away from him, and the reason that I had to come here. He told me that I should give my dad a chance.

He told me about how his dad left when he was seven and then his mom remarried. But his dad visited all the rime and he went to see him a bunch, too. He told me he like it here, but it was better in Pennsylvania with his dd, step mom, and half brother. Aah...the sensitive side of Chris.

Then we got bored and decided to be stupid so we jumped in the pool with our clothes on. Chris was actually one of the craziest people I have ever met. No, he wasn't "but drugs from the neighbor" crazy, but more like...jump off the balcony and roof into the pool. He kept doing stupid stuff like that until his mom came home. We didn't want to get caught, so we climbed the fence and headed for AJ's house.

So now we were about a block away from my house, walking in the dark, wet and cold. But for the first time since I got to Florida, I was really happy. It was just about the same connection that I had with Jared when we'd first met. Maybe I'll have an actual friend here. A blue haired friend! Yay!

"Okay, well, here we are." I said when we got in front of AJ's house a few minutes later.

"Yeah, I guess I'll see you sometime." Chris said.

See me sometime? Come on! Ask me out!

"Yeah. I guess." I agreed.

"Maybe tomorrow?" He suggested.

YES! Yes yes yes yes yes. Of course! "Sure." I answered as cooley as possible.

"Okay, I'll come pick you up around two or something and show you around here. You haven't seen much." Chris said.

"Great," I told him, "Well, I've got to go inside. I'm gonna talk to my dad."

"Good luck."

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it."

Chris and I said our good-byes, and I headed inside. There were still cars in the driveway that didn't belong to AJ, so I guessed the other guys were still here. I opened the front door and walked inside. I heard laughter and voices. But I didn't see anyone. What, was there a secret staircase or something leading to another room? Hahahahahaha!

"Kelly," A voice said as I walked up the stairs.

It took me by surprise and I had to take a breath before turning around. "Who are you?" I asked, looking at the short blonde dude standing at the foot of the stairs.

"Oh, I'm Brian. AJ just wanted me to check and see if you were here." He told me.

"Oh, Uh, where is AJ?" I asked him.

"He's downstairs." Brian told me.

"Downstairs? So there is a downstairs in this house?" I asked.

"Yeah," Brian said with a small laugh, "You didn't know?"

"Well, I haven't been out of my roon since I've gotten here," I told him, "Can you get AJ for me?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back." Brian left and I tried to see where he was going. But I lost him...

I sat down on the step and waited for AJ to come. I got nervous thinking of what would happen when we started to talk. I knew we'd end up fighting. We always do.

"What do you want?" I heard AJ ask. He didn't exactly sound happy. More like he was angry with me. "Why are you all wet? Go change or something."

I just sat there, getting nervous. I didn't want to talk to him when he was mad. I was planning on telling him everything. Everything everything...and I was afraid it would make him even more mad at me.

"Well, do you need something?" AJ asked again, "Or are you just wasting my time?"

"S-sorry." I stuttered, standing up. I stumbled slightly as I ran upstairs to my room.

I'd ruined everything. I'd ruined every chance of ever getting to know my dad because I've acted like such a...bitch to him. I wanted to fix it. I had to fix it. But I didn't know how...