- Text Size +
Almost an hour later, I heard everybody start to leave. All of the guys probably think that I'm evil. Maybe except for Nick. He's the only one that I talked to (I think that I said more nice words to him than I have to AJ!) and I helped his kid find him, so maybe I'm a little less evil to him. It might not be much to have only one person not to think I'm a little bitch, but it's a start!

For the first time, I hoped that AJ would come up and talk to me. It was a bit weird. I mean, I despise the man and everything, but I needed to let him know some things. Even if I have to yell at him to get it out. Hopefully I won't have to.

AJ came in a few minutes later. I was happy until he said my name. "Kelly..." Hmm, he sounded a bit angry.

"Yes, AJ?" I asked. Be nice.

"Kelly," AJ repeated with a laugh, but not happy. Nope, he was definitely angry. "Oh Kelly...do you have any idea how much you embarrassed me today?" He asked.

"Uh..." I shook my head.

"I'm pretty sure that they ALL think that I have a bitch for a daughter." AJ told me, "Why the hell did you do that? Why couldn't you, for once, have thought of me and tried to be nicer? Tried to be pleasant? Or do you not know how to be? Were you never taght to have a little humiltity?"

I smiled and shook my head. Ahh...he just gave me the perfect opportunity to get him. Stupid dumb idiot moron. "Nope," I said, still smiling, "Never got taught that lesson. Since, ya know, my mom worked all day and almost all night and you weren't around, I was never taught. Anything. All I know is how to be a heartless bitch."

"Why the hell are you smiling?" AJ asked. He wasn't amused.

Was he ever?

"Because you're so stupid. Jeez, you can talk your way into anything. But it might not be a good thing all the time." I told him, "Why am I so mean? Why was I never taught manners? Hm...maybe because that's partly the fathers job to teach it? And you were never there so I never learned."

"You know why I was never around! You can't use that against me anymore!" AJ yelled.

Oh I can't? He wishes.

"Why did you never visit?!" I yelled back.

"What?"

"Why did you never visit me?!?!" I screamed. Boy, was I getting mad. This man has ways to piss me off when he's supposed to be making me feel bad for him! I continued, "I wanted you to. I wished you would. At least you could have called me...I always wanted to meet you, or at least get to talk to you. But you never came. Or called. Or wrote." My voice got quieter with every sentence.

AJ seemed to have forgotten he was mad at me. He came and sat next to me. "Oh, Kel. I'm so sorry." He said, putting his arms around me and giving me a hug.

Okay, yeah, never said to touch me. I said this to him. I feel no need to be nice.

"Sorry." He told me, backing away from me. "I never meant to hurt you so bad. That's why I never came to see you."

"How is that supposed to make me feel better?" I asked. Retard.

"It's not." He told me, "It's just my stupid side talking."

He has a smart side? Never could have guessed.

"Anyway, the reason I never visited you or called you was because I was scared. Scared of what you would think of me." He said.

"I would have thought you were great. Or a dumb ass. It depended on what age I was."

"What age would you have thought I was great?" AJ asked me hopefully.

I smiled a little. "Um...between the ages of 4 and 9. Until you wrote my mom and told her you couldn't take me in." I told him.

"You read that?" AJ asked, "You have to understand that we were about to go on tour at that time and so I knew that I could never take you in even though I really wanted to because it had been so long since I'd seen you but I was too damn immature to do it on top of everything else and I felt so bad about it that I-"

"AJ, you're rambling. Stop it." I said.

"Sorry. Well, I'll just say this...I wanted to take you in and get to raise you. You have to believe me. I couldn't thought, and I'm sorry." AJ told me. He sounded sincere.

"Well, you're forgiven. This time. Just don't screw up again." I told him.

"Noted...don't screw up." AJ said.

"Good. Now I'm hungry. Get me food." I demanded.

"So you're finally going to eat here, huh? Well too bad I don't have anything...you're gonna have to come with me to Mickey D's." AJ said.

"And get in a car with you again?" I asked, "Nooooo thank you!"

"Okay, you can starve...I'm gonna go get something to eat." AJ got up and moved toward the door.

I must have been crazy, or just really hungry, but Igot up and said, "Wait, I'll come with you. Damn. You could have just bought me something there and brought it to me but noooo. I HAVE to come with you so I can die in the car."

"You won't die. Trust me. I won't let you. Just don't try to fling you out of a moving car again, kay? Now hurry up and change. What the hell were you doing that got you so wet?"

"Jumping off a roof into a pool."