- Text Size +
At about 9:00 that night I went downstairs to the kitchen. I'd already had like, three dinners, but I'm still hungry. I'm always hungry. When I walked into the kitchen I realized that AJ is obviously always hungry, too. He was leaning against the kitchen counter eating out of a bag of chips, staring into space.

"I'm hungry." I told him.

AJ was taken by surprise and jumped slightly. I laughed. He shook his head and asked, "Again? Damn...You eat a lot."

"Hey! You're eating again, too." I told him, pointing to the bag of chips.

"Yeah, well...I'm older!" AJ argued.

I rolled my eyes. "And I'm still growing." I said.

"You are? Good, cuz you're short." AJ so blatantly reminded me. As if I didn't know.

The think is, I'm probably not growing anymore. Sucks to be me. I'm going to stay 5'1 forever...

AJ sat on a stool and patted the one next to it. "Sit. Let's talk about...Chris."

"Why?" I asked suspiciously. I grabbed the bag of chips from him.

"Because..."AJ began, "Because I said so. Now...you probably already know this, but I'm not too fond of him. There's just something about him." AJ shook his head.

"His hair?" I suggested.

"No...that's not it."

"He's older than me...that's it, right?"

AJ shook his head again. "That's part of it, but there's someting else...I, well, I just don't trust him."

"Well I do." I said, "He's nice."

"Kelly, please don't date him or whatever you're doing anymore. It's the only thing that I'm asking...can you promise me that?" AJ asked.

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?" I was lying. I was going to go out with him "or whatever." No matter what AJ said.