- Text Size +
Oh crap. Oh crap. OH CRAP!!! I woke up the day before the first day of school with this thought running through my head. No no no no NO!!!!!! I do not want to go to school here! I don't know anybody, and I've seen the people my age walking around the neighborhood...PREPS! Bitchy looking preps who are obsessed with my dad. They stand outside the house trying to make it look like they were just hanging out. Like, they are so obvious! Oh my gosh! Hee hee hee hee!

After I took a shower and all that, I went downstairs to eat. As I was walking to the kitchen, I nearly collided into AJ who was walking down the hall with a bowl of cereal.

"Hey, watch where you are going. And where I'm going." I said,

AJ didn't say anything. He just ran upstairs in a rush. Why was he in such a hurry? I shrugged and went into the kitchen. The cereal and milk were both still on the counter. I got a bowl and poured the cereal and then the milk into it.

"Kelly, I've got to go to Brian's for a few hours. I'll be back...well, in a few hours." AJ said, coming up next to me and placing his bowl in the sink.

"Okay, see ya later." I said.

"Go ahead and order whatever you want, get whatever I've got in the fridge which is basically nothing." He told me.

"Okay. Buh bye."

"Bye." AJ said, leaving the kitchen.

I put the milk away and left the cereal on the counter. Then I sat at the table and ate. It was boring. No one to talk to. No one to argue with. Nobody.

After I finished my first bowl, I got another. Once I was done with that I went to the living room and turned on the TV. I watched for about an hour and a half until the doorbell rang. I jumped up. Please let it be Chris! Please!

I ran to the door and flung it open. My mouth hung open when I saw who it was.

"What's up, Kelly?"

"Jared!" I exclaimed, jumping into his arms, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Jared hugged me and said, "I'm here to take you home!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Pack. I'm taking you home." Was all Jared would say.

I laughed. "How do you intend to do that? Are you asking me to walk all the way to Nevada with you?"

Jared moved over a bit and pointed to a car. Caleb was sitting inside. He nodded at me.

"J, uh, you're going to take me home in a car?" I asked.

"No. We're going to take you to the airport in a car." Jared said.

"Airport? How'd you afford plane tickets?" I asked.

"Caleb has some...friends." Jared told me, "Now go pack!"

"Okay, come with me." I said.

I turned and ran inside, Jared following slowly behind me. "This house is huge." He said.

I ran into my room and called, "I know! Come check out my room!"

I hadn't really even unpacked my clothes. They were all still in my bags, except for my dirty clothes that I hadn't washed yet. I stuffed those into one of the bags, and went to my dresser and threw the makeup and CD's I had lying on it into the bag.

Jared walked inside and exclaimed, "Jesus. This room is bigger than our apartment!"

"I know!" I said, putting my remaining items into my carry-on. "It's awesome, huh?" I asked.

"Rich people get everything." Jared told me.

"That's what I thought, too." I said.

"You all packed?" Jared asked. I nodded. "Okay, let's go!" He said.

I was walking out the door, Jared carrying one of my bigger bags, me carrying the other two when I suddenly remembered something. "Wait! I have to leave a note!"

I dropped one of my bags and ran back into the room. I went into the drawer where I was keeping the school supplies that I would never use and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. I leaned over the desk to write it. I had to leave AJ a note. Or else he might think I'm dead or got kidnapped.

AJ,
Sorry, but I have to leave. It's not horrible here or anything, but I just have to go. You'll prolly think that I'm with my mom, but I'm not. I'll call you once I get to where I'm going. I'll miss ya, I guess. Thanks for putting up with me.
Love,
Kelly

I put the note on my bed and ran back to Jared, picking up my stuff. I smiled. I was going home.

But I didn't feel as happy as I thought I would.