- Text Size +
It was only about an hour later. I couldn't sleep at all. I couldn't help but wonder what AJ was doing...how worried he was about me? It was almost 1:00 in Florida. Was he even awake? Something told me he was sleeping...I buried my head in my pillow. I should call him. Now.

I got out of the sleeping bag and tiptoed to the door. The guys were all already asleep. I opened the door as quietly as I could and picked up the phone from the table in the hall. Thank God they don't keep it in the living room where their sisters sleep. They'd probably wake up.

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door and locked it behind me. It was the only place that I could get privacy. I then dialed AJ's cell number because it was the only one I knew. I don't know what his home number is because I never had to call it.

The phone rang only once. "Hello?" He answered. His voice sounded hoarse, like he'd been crying or something. But come on, AJ cry over me?

"AJ?" I asked, even though I knew it was him.

"Kelly!" AJ said, relieved. I heard him saying, "Mom, it's Kelly."

"Yeah, it's me." I said quietly.

AJ's voice got harsh. "Where the hell are you? I've been so fucking worried about you! Why the hell did you leave? Where the hell did you go?"

"Alex, calm down. She called you, didn't she?" I heard Denise say.

"Sorry AJ..." I said, "Uh, I'm back in Las Vegas. With Jared."

"Jared? Who's Jared?" AJ asked, "Is that that kid your mom said you were with? When you just decided to spend the night with him? And you're doing it again. What are you doing with him tonight?" He sounded very angry.

"Nothing...he just showed up at your house and asked me if I wanted to come home." I told him, "I'm really, really sorry."

"Yeah yeah yeah. I know you're sorry. They all are when they know that they screwed up. But it's not going to work this time. You're coming home. Tomorrow. And I'm picking you up." AJ said.

"Why are you coming to get-"

AJ interruped me. "I don't trust you, Kwlly. I can't. Now where does this guy live?" He asked.

I gave AJ Jared's address and he said, "I'm cming to get you tomorrow morning. Early. So you'd better be up and ready." He hung up without saying goodbye.

I hung up the phone, too, and walked out of the bathroom. And standing there was Mr. and Mrs. Knowles. Uh-oh.

"Hello, Kelly. What are you doing here?" Mrs. Knowles asked me.

"I, uh, um, I..." I couldn't think of anything to say. Boy was I busted. Jared and Caleb were, too.

"Jeff, go get Jared. I'll speak with Kelly." Mrs. Knowles told her husband.

Mr. Knowles walked to the boys room and Mrs. Knowles took me into the kitchen. We sat at the table. I looked down at my hands nervously.

"Kelly, I know that I can trust you to tell me the truth, unlike my son. Can you please tell me exactly what is going on?" She asked me.

I took a deep breath and began to tell her the story. All of it. From when Jared and Caleb came to pick me up to just a few minutes ago when I called AJ and he told me he was coming to get me.

"So Caleb was in on this, too? What about Garret?" Mrs. Knowles asked.

I nodded. "Garret knew, but he didn't go with them or anything." I said.

Mrs. Knowles sighed. "And I thought I could trust Garret and Caleb..." She said. I knew she didn't trust Jared because he was pretty bad most of the time.

"Well I'm sorry that this happened. I keep on screwing things up for you guys." I told her.

Mrs. Knowles shrugged. "It's all right. I know that most of the time this is usually Jared's idea. Now do you want to call your mom and thell her that you're here?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I don't want her to know that I'm here. I just hope that my dad didn't call her." I said.

Mrs. Knowles nodded understandingly. She was about to say something when Mr. Knowles came in with Jared and Caleb.

"Now..." Mr. Knowles said, "Let's all talk about this."

Oh goody.