- Text Size +
AJ woke me up at 6:45 the next morning.

Okay, first of all I can get myself up. Second, DOES HE NOT KNOW NEVER TO WAKE ME UP ON A SCHOOL DAY? I'm supposed to sleep in until third period.

Well, I finally got out of bed at 7:30. I didn't even bother to take a shower. I just got dressed and brushed my hair. Then I went downstairs and ate. I've never been the type to get too nervous to eat before school. I eat no matter what. I'm just weird like that.

AJ told me not to get suspended since it was my first day and kicked me out of his house.

I walked down the street to the bus stop. When I got there their were already a lot of people standing there. They all started at me. What am I? Some kind of freak?

I stood away from them all, avoiding the gazes. Even the sixth graders were looking at me. Jeez, they're new, too. Just because they've been here ONE MORE DAY THAN-

"Excuse me," I looked to my left and saw a tall blonde girl standing there with a fairly large group behind her, "Can I ask you something?"

I shrugged.

"Um, I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but..." She paused for a moment, looking over her shoulder, "Are you AJ McLean's daughter?"

"What makes you think that?" I asked. How did it get out? No one knew.

"It's just, me and my friends here have seen you at his house and we were just figuring that maybe you could be..." She told me.

I shook my head. "Nope. He's my...brother." I told them.

"AJ is an only child." Another, smaller girl spoke up in a stuck up kind of way.

"Or so you think..." I said, "It's all just an act. He's not an only child. He has me."

"I don't believe that." The first girl said, "He's just been putting up an act about not having a kid. And now it's out." She smiled, "It's been great talking to you."

"Yeah, you too bitch." I muttered.

She turned around. "What did you call me?" She asked.

"Bitch." I answered with a smile.

"Oh no you didn't! No one calls me a bitch and gets away with it!" She said angrily, "I'm gonna kick your ass."

"Ooh. I am shaking. Help me mommy." I said sarcastically with a roll of my eyes.

"Your mom probably dumped you on the streets. She got rid of you just like your dad did when you were younger." She told me.

I laughed. "Oh my God. You know absolutely nothing about my life, so you shouldn't even be talking." I said.

"I'll talk about you as much as I fucking want to." She said.

"Ya know what? I should hurt you, but I'm going to hold myself back. I don't need to be getting in trouble before I even get to school." I said.

"What? Are you afraid? Of me?" She asked, "Cuz you should be you stupid little bitch."

That was it. This girl was too much for me and I couldn't stand her. And when I can't stand someone I feel the need to haul off and slug them. I got her right in the nose. Unfortunately, it was right when the bus came up.

The bus driver opened the door and ran out. "Hey you, girl!" He said to me.

Most of the kids went inside of the bus, but some stayed out and watched the scene unfolding. The girl had her nose covered, but I could tell it was bleeding. I actually smiled, even though it probably wasn't a good thing to do.

"What do you think is so great?" The driver asked me angrily.

I've never been the type to back down and try to get myself out of trouble. (I've never been the type to do a lot of things...) I smiled again and said, "Dude, I broke her nose. What do you think I'm so happy about?"

"That's nothing to be proud of!" The girl cried.

"Lindsay, calm down." The driver told her.

"You on a first name basis with all the kids or just the ones you like to look at?" I asked.

"Listen, girly. You get your ass on the bus and when you get to school, I'm taking you to the office. And you're calling your mom." He told me.

"Sure. Why not? I'd be happy to call my mom." I said, walking towards the bus.

"She doesn't live with her mom! She lives with her dad! AJ McLean!" Lindsay said so that all of the kids on the bus could hear her.

"Fine, you'll call your dad then." The driver said, "Now get on the bus. All of you."

I followed everybody onto the bus. Most of the seats were filled. I sighed. I was going to have to find somebody to let me sit with them. I walked over to a guy who was sitting alone. "Move." I ordered.

"No." He told me, "Go find some other goth to sit with."

"Number one, I'm not a goth you dumb retard," I said, "And number two, move your ass now before I do the same thing to you that I did to that bitch Lindsay."

He picked up his bag and set it down on the ground, letting me sit next to him.

"So you hit her?" He asked.

"Looks like it, don't it?" I asked.

"I used to go out with her." He told me.

"I pity you." I told him with a shake of my head.

He smiled. "Yeah, I pity myself. She cheated on me and then dumped me. So I agree with you that she's a bitch." He said.

I would have liked this guy except for the fact that he was a basketball player. I found this out as we were talking on the way to school. His name was Daniel and he had dated almost every girl on the cheerleading squad. Lindsay was a cheerleader he informed me. But only on JV. I could care less, though. I don't know what a JV is, anyway.