- Text Size +
I sat in the squishy orange armchair in the office with Lindsay next to me starting up her fake tears. Her mother stood beside her and tried to comfort her. Like there's anything to comfort! She is faking.

We were just waiting for AJ now. What was taking him so long? It had been half an hour and he still hadn't showed. I could tell that everybody else was getting kind of upset, too.

I sighed and slumped down in my chair. I was getting suspended for God knows how long. I'd broken the nose of the perfect girl, so it had to be for a while.

A few minutes later, AJ walked inside. I sat up straight and looked at him. "It's about freaking time." I snapped at him.

"Sorry," AJ said to everyone, "I got... I lost track of time. Sorry." He repeated again.

I thought that sounded a bit suspicious. I would ask him about it later. He stood behind my chair and waited for Ms. Holmes to speak.

She cleared her throat. "Fighting is frowned upon here at La Mesa High as your daughter found out."

"We weren't fighting." Lindsay said, "She just hit me for no reason. Unresolved issues."

"No, I hit you cuz you were talking shit about my dad, my mom and me." I said.

"Kelly... " AJ said warningly.

"I've already told her, Mr. McLean, that she needs to learn to watch her mouth." Ms. Holmes said.

"Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I don't really care that she curses." AJ said with a shrug.

I had to hold back my laughter. Ms. Holmes must be thinking that he's where I got it from. Yeah right. Unless he cursed constantly when I was a baby. And I'm thinking that he did...

"Okay... well, I have her punishment all thought out. Fighting is usually a week suspension, but since your daughter here has such a smart mouth, I'm going to make it a week and a half." Ms. Holmes told me and AJ.

"What? Hey, that ain't fair!" I said.

"Do you want it to be two weeks?" Ms. Holmes asked.

I shook my head. Was she stupid? Of course I didn't want two weeks! I looked at Lindsay. She was trying to suppress her laughter. I knew it. Her mother on the other hand was just standing there. Probably contemplating how much she was going to sue us for. 5,000 for the plastic surgery, and another million for pain and suffering! Oh my gosh!!!

"I would like both Mr. McLean and Miss Johnson to both fill out these papers. And then you can leave." Ms. Holmes said.

"Hey, could I chill out in there." I asked, pointing outside of the door of the principals office.

"Yeah, just don't leave." AJ told me, as he bent down to fill out the papers.

As I was walking out of the office, I caught Lindsay trying to sneak a peek at AJ. "It's not there. He doesn't have one." I told her. Jeez, if she's such a big fan she should know that AJ McLean has no ass. Pick someone who does!!