- Text Size +
"Move your feet." I demanded AJ as I mopped the kitchen floor.

Yes, he was honestly making me do it. Making me clean his house. I had started in the dining room, and was now working in the kitchen. AJ just sat there and watched me as he ate a bowl of cereal. I knew that he was enjoying himself. Bastard.

AJ lifted his feet and I quickly mopped under them, not bothering to do a good job.

"You're missing spots." He told me, putting his feet back down.

"Clean em yourself." I said.

"But this is YOUR punishment." AJ said.

"You didn't say that I had to do a good job." I informed him.

"Okay..." AJ cleared his throat and said, "Because you, Kelly, got suspended from school I am hereby making you do a good, no, wait, great job in cleaning my home as your punishment."

I sighed. "But Daddy... " I said, trying the sweet, sucking up approach, "Can't you just let it slide?"

"Hmm...no." AJ said.

I pouted. "Please? I'm tired and have no energy to be cleaning your house with." I told him.

"You shouldn't have stayed up so late last night." Was what AJ told me.

"But it was reruns of MadTV! I HAD to watch it!" I argued, "Besides, you stayed up all night and watched it too."

"Yeah, but I'm so good that I can wake up really early after staying up into the ungodly hours of the night." He told me.

"Ah, yes. One of your great gifts." I said with an eye roll.

The phone rang and AJ walked over to it while he said, "I am unbelievably talented. One of the things you will find out is that I never cease to amaze one."

"Oh, I'm sure." I said sarcastically.

AJ picked up the phone. "Hello?" He answered, "Oh, hey Nick....I guess. When?...Okay...All of them? Damn....Here or there?"

Well this end of the conversation kind of sucks. Then he said damn and it got exciting. Now it's boring once more.

"Okay, well it'll keep her busy." AJ said, "Okay...Kay, see ya later...bye." AJ hung up the phone and turned to look at me.

"What?" I asked suspiciously. What was he trying to get me into this time?

"Do you baby-sit?" He asked.

I sighed. "Yeah." I answered. But I really didn't want to.

"Good, cuz have I got a job for you." He told me with a smile.

"How many, how long?" I asked.

"Four kids, one Nick's and three Brian's, until about 10 tonight." AJ answered.

Jesus, Brian has three kids? When did that ever happen? "Okay..." I agreed. I have baby-sat for more than that before. "What time?"

"Nick and Brian will drop them off here at around three." AJ said.

"Okay." I said, "You are going to help me, right?"

"Why not." AJ said with a shrug, "Nothing better to do until tomorrow."

"Good, you'll help me here and I'll help you get ready for your date tomorrow with the almost forty year old divorcee!" I said with mock excitement, "Oh what fun this will be!"