- Text Size +
Well, not for real. I just faked it. But what else was I supposed to do? I couldn't just stand there and get yelled at! I had to take action.

"Kelly, are you okay?" I heard AJ ask me.

I wanted to open my eyes and see what everyone was doing. The entire place was silent except for AJ's voice.

"You scared the shit outta her and now she's gone and passed out!" Evan said.

I tried not to laugh. Or even smile. But it was hard. I felt my lips start to twitch. No no NO! I can NOT ruin this.

"Okay, Kel, get up. I know you're just faking." AJ told me.

Damn. My eyes fluttered open. I tried to play it off. "Wha-Where am I? What happened?" I asked, looking around. AJ was sitting next to me. "Who are you?" I asked him.

AJ rolled his eyes. "Get up." He demanded.

I sat up and crossed my arms. "If he had just let me in," I pointed to the rude French man, "None of this would have happened."

"No... if YOU hadn't have come here then none of this would have happened." AJ said.

I glared at him. "If I hadn't had come then you would have had to stay with that woman all night." I said, "Face it, I saved you."

"Right... Sure you did." AJ said, "It was all going fine until you came."

"See, it was going 'fine'. It was just a matter of time until she would attack you." I told him.

Where the hell was all of this coming from?

"What are you talking about?" AJ asked exasperated.

"She would have seduced you, you'd date more, get married, and that freaking Lindsay girl would have to be my step sister." I yelled.

"What the hell? She's 40 friggin years old!" AJ told me.

"39." Ashley spoke up.

"Shut up." AJ and I said together.

Ashley huffed. "I should have never gone out with you, Alex. You're too young." She said.

"And you're too old." AJ told her.

"Fine! I'm leaving. And YOU'RE paying for this." Ashley said.

"Yeah," AJ waved her off, "Pay for it, sure."

He didn't even watch as she left. He stood up and pulled me up with him. "You're calling your mom." He told me as we walked towards the exit, "Since I can't seem to straighten you out, maybe she can." He turned to Evan and Chris. "And you two actually went along with this... You're supposed to be older and set a damn example for her."

"She talked us into it." Evan said.

"Hey! Thanks a lot." I said.

"Well it's true." He told me.

AJ continued. "I don't think I trusted you two too much from the beginning, but now I don't trust you at all." He said, "I don't think that you should hang around my daughter anymore. You or those other two guys."

"But that's not fair!" I complained.

"I don't give a shit about what's fair, Kelly." AJ said sternly.

"Yeah, you never have." I muttered.

I could tell AJ had heard me. I could also tell that he was trying to hold in his anger. So I wouldn't get in any more trouble, I went into the corner with Evan and Chris as he paid.

"This sucks." I told them.

"Yeah." Chris said as Evan just nodded in agreement.

"God, first I get pulled away from my home and my best friend, now I'm practically being forbidden to socialize with anyone that I can even tolerate. God, next he's going to make me be friends with Lindsay or something!" I said angrily.

"No he won't." Chris told me, "Just wait a few weeks and he'll give in again."

"Yeah, I mean if he doesn't we'll kidnap you or something. We find you very interesting and we don't think we'd be quite as amused if we didn't have anyone else to hang out with." Evan said.

I smiled. "Damn fuckers who shut down the skate park, huh?" I said.

Evan nodded.

"Kelly, come on. We're leaving." AJ said coming up next to me.

"Bye guys... " I said sadly to Evan and Chris.

"Bye, Kel." Evan said.

"I'll call you tomorrow or something." Chris said.

I nodded and followed AJ out of the restaurant. After we'd gotten out side the doors, I blew up at him.

"How the hell can you just take me away from everything? You want me to be completely miserable here don't you?" I asked, "You just want my life to be a living hell don't you? Don't you, don't you, DON'T YOU?!"

"Kelly!" AJ yelled, turning to face me, "Can you just shut you freaking mouth for a few minutes?"

Only he didn't say freaking. Potty mouth...

"No, I can't, AJ. You should know that about me by now. But you obviously know nothing about me." I said.

"I know you're near damn impossible." He muttered, continuing to his car.

"I'm not 'near' impossible. See, you don't even know THAT about me!" I exclaimed.

"Okay, so I don't know anything about you. But maybe I would if you'd just talk to me for a few minutes instead of plotting a way to get yourself in trouble with your boyfriends all of the time." AJ said to me, unlocking his car.

I got inside. Once AJ opened his own door I said, "I don't have boyfriends. And I don't spend my precious time plotting ways to get myself in trouble. Trouble follows me, I don't go after it."

"Could have fooled me." AJ said.

"I'm telling you the truth, AJ. Contrary to what you may think, I don't always lie." I said, "God, you can be so hostile."

"I'm hostile? I'M hostile? YOU'RE hostile!" AJ yelled.

"Do you even know what hostile means?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do. It means aggressive, vicious, unfriendly. Like you." AJ said, "UNLIKE you, I went to school."

I rolled my eyes. "You probably never spent any time in class. You?d just go in the janitors closet with girls and knock em up. That?s prolly how I was conceived." I muttered under my breath.

AJ laughed angrily again. Like my mom always did with me. I hated that kind of laugh. "You need to learn some manners, Kelly. You can't just ruin a date and then expect me to be nice to you." He told me, "I've been way too lenient with you lately. But all that is about to change. Ashley and I had a little talk and she told me the kind of stuff I should be doing with you. And she had some fucking good ideas."

"You're going to take parenting tips from a woman who has a daughter who's a CHEERLEADER?" I asked.

"You're mom was a cheerleader." AJ told me, trying to change my opinion on them.

Wasn't gonna work.

"And look where THAT got her!" I said.

"That's not the point!" AJ yelled, "The point is, I'm not always going to be so nice to you anymore. I'm not going to take any shit from you, let you talk back to me, or let you get away with anything. And your sweet talking isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't know how you're mother raised you, but you better believe that I'm going to change you."

Oh, Jared!!!!